BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

There's bleachers knuckle then there's this

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 1:49am
watch them start calling it medicine smh
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 4:40am
eh i dont understand bleaching.. wont you regain your true color once you hit sunlight?
go to the beach one sunny day and kablam lol..
or does one become a vampire and only come out at night...

her hands def look chemical burned...that does not look like a natural skin color..mercy..

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:15am
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

We have a saying for this " Fanta face, Coca-Cola legs." 
In this case it's a Fanta face and Guiness hands. 

I've heard this saying many times
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:56am
Bey has always been that light.....she just stopped tanning and going bronzer crazy
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 7:41am
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

We have a saying for this " Fanta face, Coca-Cola legs." 
In this case it's a Fanta face and Guiness hands. 

We used to call them "bokkle (bottle) brownings", or bleachers. But it's so common place now, there is much less stigma in certain communities than there used to be.It started with - I dont know who sings it but its a CLASSSIC-  Let those monkeys out all the gyal dem with them face bleach out, when you see them you must shout ooh oooh ah ah ah MONKEY THAT!LOLLOLLOLLOL .  Her face look brown and her whole body black, ah what that?!- tony matterhorn then we have Lisa Hyper saying Im proud of my bleaching cause my cream is dear something something, my Immediate Clear AND she has a song saying my bleaching fit me.

I will say though some ppl bleaching fit them as in the shade they've lightened to looks natural even when you look down and get a heart attack cause their foot is DARK. 

AAs dont say a word my bleaching coworker prefers her creams from the USA she says they are wayyyyy better than the same brand creams we get out here
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

eh i dont understand bleaching.. wont you regain your true color once you hit sunlight?
go to the beach one sunny day and kablam lol..
or does one become a vampire and only come out at night...

her hands def look chemical burned...that does not look like a natural skin color..mercy..

No you wont. You're peeling off layers of skin while using creams which block melanin formation AND hopefully using sunscreen. You can get burned by the sun yes and turn pink-red (that boiled lobster look) because the skin is thin but the sun cant give you your true colour back worse with one episode of sun exposure. Oh yes we call them vampires too. It depends, some really hide from the sun and some embrace it. Yesterday my cousin pointed out a lady with the cream on her face in middle day. It's a pretty common sight but this ladies nose was PINK and her face dark. There's a science behind it that many miss and clearly her bleaching had gone bad

I know plenty of folks with that skin colour. Bleaching can lead to onchronosis a darkening of the skin though- seen mostly on the cheeks but there can be patches on the body. Hydroquinone seems to be the main culprit

Awww Nigeria shop looks just like ours, more brands i cant identify though

If any BHMr needs it i have RAW NADINOLA selling! and NeoProsone gel (no prescription needed)

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 07 2014 at 8:32am
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:18am
I seen a lady looking like the worst case of this, with black spots and jacked up hands and feet; sitting beside her husband at the Dr.'s office. She looked like she was rotting. (I've noticed bad bleaching makes people look like they're rotting). It wasn't my business but I was so mad. Like seriously, look how you fcuked up yourself. Is THIS sh*t beautiful to you? Why couldn't her husband say something? I wanted to go tell the Dr. to talk to her about it. LOL

Yes, this image is fake, but realistic to what you see with many bleachers. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:23am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Bey has always been that light.....she just stopped tanning and going bronzer crazy

Remember when MTV used to do Making the Video, in "work it out"for the Austin Powers movie she is the gold/brozed to the Gods. Well There was ashot of someone spraying her down with the airbrush makeup/bronzer/self-tanner machine and it was a light bulb moment. before that my young mind couldn't understand why she just so one-toned and yummy all the time then lighter then back without sunburnsOuch.

Rihanna been light bright since child hood too. the lack of the Bajan sun may also come into play.

I seen that happen too many times to count. My light coloured gf came down from Canada and i had to ask if they have no sun in Canada? She look like she bleaching, she said everybody even family ask her that.CryCryCry Everyday she wanted to go to the beach, poolside lololol Happens to me too and im not light. Y'all should have seen me after Christmas and our trip stateside. Skin clear and smoooth to boot. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:49am
But Mizz you dont get to "rotting" at the same time, and may never get to it esp if you start and stop bleaching (when you stop and start regaining your complexion that when folks start saying you're broke lol ) and if your society says lighter is beautiful, if you are now more attractive to the opp. sex, if social mobility is ltd by your skin colour (whether actual or perceived or not), if the practice of bleaching is also a sign of wealth (among the lower class)- lisa hype say her cream is dear (syn. for expensive), if among your fellows it's no longer a stigmatized practice, if it is trendy (which itis) then the ppl gonna bleach. There are plenty of harmful beauty practices around and im not saying bleaching isnt one of the worst but women do XYZ for beauty. 

They know the dangers of bleaching, they see it daily. I figure they think it'll never happen to them, or the person they are getting (mis)guidance from as to formula whether a friend, stranger on the street, store clerk is an expert and knows whats they're talking about and they know when to stop.  That's where Diane 35 and NJHair come in. She'll will be the model and ill be the local distributor. NJ if i tell you the prices chick pay for trash hair (syn or human) you'd think i was lying

Lisa hype sings they're telling me bleaching cause cancer but so does smoking when you bleach beauty is the answer
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:52am

93 and fo'evah!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style