FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

'There was no way I could have saved him'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>

Author
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

He could have helped. At the very least, he shouldn't have been snapping a photo. He ain't sh!t.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:30am
It takes less than a second to take a photo.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:42am
I think I would be in too much shock to go and rescue the man honestly.

stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:30am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

it would have been best if the pics were just handed to the police
as a photographer, i imagine you're used to distancing yourself from events
like you're not there, you're an observer
kinda like ppl who film crazy stuff on tv when you know the person is going to hurt themselves but you can't interfere or like videographers in war zones

now he is right--there were a lot of other people who could have helped but he's the only person who has profited from the tragedy. that is why everyone is giving him a side eye

this is something in psychology right?
it's best if there is only one person there when you're in danger bc if there are a lot of other people, no one does anything bc they think others will...which is exactly what he is doing.
human beings are f-ed up. i tell ya

Yes I forget the name of the theory but if more than one person is around people will overcome their cognitive dissonance and react as a "team" which says don't help. It is better if only one person witnesses an event you are way more likely to get out alive.
The photographer is a sh!t person to sell the pictures. This reminds me of that photographer who took a picture of that little boy that was so frail and a vulture was waiting for him to die.
This has happened before when I first moved to NY a 16 yo girl fell on the metro-north train tracks after having a seizure. She was on their for 4 minutes before being ran over and no one did anything either.
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:35am
I wouldn't have rescued him, but I sure as hell wouldn't have been taking pics either.
MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissinCali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:39am
OMG OMG OMG how come nobody tried to help that poor manCry CryCry
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:19pm
The victims Family does not need to see that picture. Smh
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

it would have been best if the pics were just handed to the police
as a photographer, i imagine you're used to distancing yourself from events
like you're not there, you're an observer
kinda like ppl who film crazy stuff on tv when you know the person is going to hurt themselves but you can't interfere or like videographers in war zones

now he is right--there were a lot of other people who could have helped but he's the only person who has profited from the tragedy. that is why everyone is giving him a side eye

this is something in psychology right?
it's best if there is only one person there when you're in danger bc if there are a lot of other people, no one does anything bc they think others will...which is exactly what he is doing.
human beings are f-ed up. i tell ya

Yes I forget the name of the theory but if more than one person is around people will overcome their cognitive dissonance and react as a "team" which says don't help. It is better if only one person witnesses an event you are way more likely to get out alive.
The photographer is a sh!t person to sell the pictures. This reminds me of that photographer who took a picture of that little boy that was so frail and a vulture was waiting for him to die.
This has happened before when I first moved to NY a 16 yo girl fell on the metro-north train tracks after having a seizure. She was on their for 4 minutes before being ran over and no one did anything either.

Bystander effect...you're also not supposed to scream for help, it'll scare people off. You scream "Fire!" instead.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I wouldn't have rescued him, but I sure as hell wouldn't have been taking pics either.

I wouldn't have rescued him either. Idk who the hell would besides Superman
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:25pm
If I was a photography I probably would have taken pics. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic