Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Theory about Rape in the Military

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

i have never met anyone in the military that will tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth about that world.
they go hard on protecting that system.
even my friend whose in the army. i have asked her multiple times about rape in the army and she has never given me a straight answer; she always beats around the bush when i bring it up.
something aint right.
always telling me that the army is great one minute and then the next telling me how much she hates it but can never just come out and tell me why she hates it.
i feel for a lot of people who sign up base on misinformation.
and i know recruiters lie too.
idk why people in here caught feelings on this topic because it didnt have to go there. people just want information. and while i appreciate some of yall sharing "some" of that information, getting offended quickly aint helping your case.
please don't act like rape and sweeping it under the rug is not a problem in the military.
and thanks for your service.

Yeah I think this thread became an advertisement for the military for a few pages. Confused LOL
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:46pm
Well I was in the army, and I will tell you straight up that people were raped and the military covered it up. I was in the army. At my base in New Jersey within an 8 month placement, there were 3 reported rapes. All of those women left the military. The men stayed and were not punished. I saw one rape trial, and the guy was acquitted. The smart women did not report their assault. Why jeopardize your career and your good name? I knew women that were assaulted, and chose not to speak. I can't blame them. They dragged the women who reported it through the mud. Called them sluts, whores, stopped speaking to them, isolated them, etc. The military condones it. Flat out. That is how I feel. If anyone has a problem with that, I'm sorry. That is based on my experience.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

my intention was to say that is what some think when they are promoted...

sorry if you took it any other way...

Okay cool.  I'm glad you cleared that up.

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Yeah, I don't think anyone in this thread understands this issue. Also TBaby, the suggestion that women falsify rape claims just serves to silence rape victims. There is no incentive to lie, and the military sure isn't paying rape victims. The system will continue as it is, with a less than 5% conviction rate in rape cases. Men in the military are given a free pass to rape women.

I never said women falsify rape claims.  Please don't pin that on me.  You have me confused with someone else.  I only said that the military isn't perfect, and that rapes aren't systematically ignored.  And men are not given a free pass to rape women either.

Isn't the conviction rate for society in general low?    I don't know the exact stats, but I do know that alot of alleged rapists run the streets free due to lack of evidence, or women afraid to press charges, or any other reasons that prevent lock up of these predators. What makes you think that the military convictions would be better/higher then society at large?

Bottomline is that rape is prevalent because men rule the world.  Doesn't matter if you look at the US, Europe, the middle East...where ever you go, women in general are viewed as weaker and to be dominated. 

Edited by Tbaby - Nov 06 2012 at 2:52pm
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Well I was in the army, and I will tell you straight up that people were raped and the military covered it up. I was in the army. At my base in New Jersey within an 8 month placement, there were 3 reported rapes. All of those women left the military. The men stayed and were not punished. I saw one rape trial, and the guy was acquitted. The smart women did not report their assault. Why jeopardize your career and your good name? I knew women that were assaulted, and chose not to speak. I can't blame them. They dragged the women who reported it through the mud. Called them sluts, whores, stopped speaking to them, isolated them, etc. The military condones it. Flat out. That is how I feel. If anyone has a problem with that, I'm sorry. That is based on my experience.

Why do you think they cover it up? Do you think they feel that providing sex is an implied part of the women's duties?
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:51pm
The "independent" investigator usually conducts an investigation, interviews people, and 90% of the time makes a determination that they can only confirm violent sexual-intercourse, but not rape. They take the clothes from the victim from the night of the event, and then months or years later after the investigation has been concluded, they mail the clothes back to the victim. Because every woman wants the clothes back that she wore on the night of her rape. The men that rape get promoted and rewarded. The women that get raped get kicked out.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Isn't the conviction rate for society in general low?    I don't know the exact stats, but I do know that alot of alleged rapists run the streets free due to lack of evidence, or women afraid to press charges, or any other reasons that prevent lock up of these predators. What makes you think that the military numbers would be better/higher then society at large?

Bottomline is that rape is prevalent because men rule the world.  Doesn't matter if you look at the US, Europe, the middle East...where ever you go, women in general are viewed as weaker and to be dominated. 

The military has an internal justice system though. They don't really have to answer to anyone. They can decide whether or not to prosecute and who to prosecute and that's that. Some people think that's shady.

Edited by starflower7 - Nov 06 2012 at 2:55pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:53pm
damn
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

damn

Do share. Smile
freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:56pm
It is true that UCMJ (United Code of Military Justice) is the law for military personnel. 
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Isn't the conviction rate for society in general low?    I don't know the exact stats, but I do know that alot of alleged rapists run the streets free due to lack of evidence, or women afraid to press charges, or any other reasons that prevent lock up of these predators. What makes you think that the military numbers would be better/higher then society at large?

The military has an internal justice system though. They don't really have to answer to anyone. They can decide whether or not to prosecute and who to prosecute and that's that. Some people think that's shady.

UCMJ as Freedom said is an internal justice system.  We also have specific articles (laws) that govern conduct and criminal activity.  I'm not going to  detail all that's involved either.  If people think its shady then they can take it up with their congressman.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic