BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Theory about Rape in the Military

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:32am
You've been thanked Smile
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:33am
^I'm a military wife and have family and some of my best friends are in the Army and  so I don't serve but I'm familiar w/ the Army. 2 of them have been assaluted/raped and that has been their experience.  
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:38am
I have a female friend whose half black/half Native American... 3 reasons why I don't think she should be in the army.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:45am
militaries are literally laws unto themselves

they are like lil countries doing sh*t beyond standard legislative reach with their own police and court (just to protect themselves)

another ext of a boys club.

what was that movie with john travolta

im a firm believer that if the military didnt make excuses and cover up internal crimes, these incidents would be few and isolated.

talk about high pressure stressful environments is just an excuse, if they were going to rape, they were going to rape regardless
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

Why do you think the military chooses to protect men instead of women when accusations of rape are made?

* Where are you getting this info. from? I don't think the military protects men. From some of the things that I've heard (not sure if it's true or not) it's easier for a woman to claim rape than it is for a man to defend himself. A lot of people say that they hear stories of men going to a party/bar/wherever...they meet a girl, both get drunk, then have sex. Later on the girl would get embarrassed and want to claim she was raped. I'm not the military expert but like I've said before, we have the resources needed to help victims of rape and it's taken seriously on all accounts.*

I'm starting to think that I'm talking on deaf ears. You really don't want to hear about different opinions...you just want to believe what you want. So with that being said...I'm done.

in the military world, it doesn't work like that. at all.

you think that rapes are underreported in the civilian world? think how it is in a culture where you even insinuate that something like that has gone on, you are denied promotions, created a (more) hostile work environment, basically become ostrasized and so much more. and that's just for someone in your rank or below. if it's an officer? it's even worse. IMO, when a woman in the military says she was raped, I take it seriously b/c she has probably thought about all of these things. it is so much easier for a male to dismiss it and the incident get swept under the rug.

i don't know how to explain it, but it's different. and the military doesn't take it seriously b/c it is so much of a "boys club" as explained before. the majority of men do not like females in the military and will openly say so to their face.. i have seen it. numerous times. when my husband deployed w/ his unit, females were put in temporarily

part of it is how the military culture is, and yes, it has to do w/ the thought of females not belonging in combat roles, or even in the military at all. if a female has a promotion, it was b/c she did some sexual favor, or it was to advance the #of females in in higher ranking roles.

its also part of a larger culture where women are not respected and seen as only objects.

I didn't see your post since I was typing mine earlier.  To say that females get promoted by sleeping around is dead wrong, insulting and disgusting.  Promotions aren't quota driven either.  For enlisted Army you have to earn points thru schooling and exams, and for Army officers the same without the point system.  Promotion boards view files and then select persons that have meet the requirements. 

So to say women perform sexual favors to go up in rank is "uninformed" to put it lightly.  Yes you are married to a service member but still you are on the outside looking in, like the rest of the posters voicing opinions completely off base literally and figuratively.

Edited by Tbaby - Nov 06 2012 at 8:57am
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 9:01am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

I wish I could thank you a million times for this!

You did pretty good holding it down til reinforcements arrivedLOL
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 9:06am
I think ladybird was trying to say that's what people THINK when females are promoted in the military.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

militaries are literally laws unto themselves

they are like lil countries doing sh*t beyond standard legislative reach with their own police and court (just to protect themselves)

another ext of a boys club.

what was that movie with john travolta

im a firm believer that if the military didnt make excuses and cover up internal crimes, these incidents would be few and isolated.

talk about high pressure stressful environments is just an excuse, if they were going to rape, they were going to rape regardless

yeah..I agree.. thats crazy talk right there.

but a good bit of info from our fellow BHM active duty constituents 

Edited by OoDles O - Nov 06 2012 at 9:51am
beautiful_hair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote beautiful_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I think ladybird was trying to say that's what people THINK when females are promoted in the military.
Doubt it.  She said she is a military wife and has family and friends in the military and this is what she hears from them.  I can tell you that she/ they are wrong regardless.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 9:15am
Yeah, I don't think anyone in this thread understands this issue. Also TBaby, the suggestion that women falsify rape claims just serves to silence rape victims. There is no incentive to lie, and the military sure isn't paying rape victims. The system will continue as it is, with a less than 5% conviction rate in rape cases. Men in the military are given a free pass to rape women.

Edited by Limalady - Nov 06 2012 at 9:26am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style