Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Theory about Rape in the Military

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:24am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

Oh and I literally laughed out loud and the men only jobs. Should there be women only jobs as well? Secretary? Nurse? Paper bitch? Damsel in distress? *rolls eyes* 

wow never seen anyone ruffle ur feathers beforeShocked.. but i do agree with your post...

what about construction workers, should women quit their jobs because some men act like pigs..

I see where this is going...Sleepy

Y'all are so easily distracted--by arguments that have been had a million times before. Are we really going to do this?

This thread is not about whether women should be allowed in the military, or whether women should want to join the military. I'm asking if you find anything conspiratorial or suspicious about the "boys' club" culture of the military and if you think women are being sought out and recruited with less than savory intentions.
Sponsored Links

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:31am

Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

I kind of feel like no one is addressing my main question on whether they think women were allowed in the military for this specific purpose. That's not to say that all they can do or that's all they're good for, but considering that they have limited duties and that these types of crimes are very rarely acted upon, do you think this is why women continue to be recruited? Perhaps sex/entertainment is the only reason they are there but no one wants to come out and say it?

JEZUS star that hurt my wil feelings.. i know u didn't mean to offend but stillCry

I don't mean that the civilian population knows it or even that the male soldiers know it. I'm just thinking this was a strategic move in order to make the male soldiers more efficient--all things considered. It will make more sense if you watch the video. These women's rights are not being protected. The women were encouraged to mingle with the men and get drunk. When a woman complains that she has been raped she may be charged with adultery or conduct unbecoming an officer. The men are rarely charged which leads me to believe they did what they were expected/supposed to do while the woman is being punished for not fulfilling her duty--the reason why she was recruited. No one is going to say it in plain English but the result is that most women do not report these crimes for fear of retaliation and so the chauvinistic culture endures and keeps pushing forward like a well-oiled machine.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:49am
^I wouldn't be surprised. It's like 28 Days Later when those military men were only willing to keep women to "repopulate."

It's as if women are cows to be herded to them.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

^I wouldn't be surprised. It's like 28 Days Later when those military men were only willing to keep women to "repopulate."

It's as if women are cows to be herded to them.

You are so right! They lured the people there under the guise they they were going to help them but they were really just trying to get females. It would be crazy if this thing was happening on a much larger scale. Ouch
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:54am
@star wow if so that sad and creepy, man a woman can't do nothing without being preyed upon..
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:57am

Oh and I literally laughed out loud and the men only jobs. Should there be women only jobs as well? Secretary? Nurse? Paper bitch? Damsel in distress? *rolls eyes* 

wow never seen anyone ruffle ur feathers beforeShocked.. but i do agree with your post...

what about construction workers, should women quit their jobs because some men act like pigs..

Y'all are so easily distracted--by arguments that have been had a million times before. Are we really going to do this?

This thread is not about whether women should be allowed in the military, or whether women should want to join the military. I'm asking if you find anything conspiratorial or suspicious about the "boys' club" culture of the military and if you think women are being sought out and recruited with less than savory intentions.

No, I don't find anything suspicious about the "boys' club" culture of the military and women aren't recruited any differently than men. Recruiters want able-bodied people to join no matter what your sex is. They take test scores and whatever jobs are available at the time to get you to join.

And on the topic as to why women esp. black women would want to join the military...the question could be asked about a number of jobs. Why would women want to get into politics? Why would women (or anyone for that matter) want to be a lawyer? I know I joined for the benefits...I was able to get 3 certs thanks to the military. When I get out I'll have job experience and now that I'm a sergeant, leadership experience.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:02am

No, I don't find anything suspicious about the "boys' club" culture of the military and women aren't recruited any differently than men. Recruiters want able-bodied people to join no matter what your sex is. They take test scores and whatever jobs are available at the time to get you to join.

Why do you think the military chooses to protect men instead of women when accusations of rape are made?

Do you think that a woman's limited duties may make her less valuable in their eyes than a male would be? What other implications may this have regarding the level of respect women receive from their superiors and comrades? (So nothing about this seems like a set up to you?)
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:58am
Why do you think the military chooses to protect men instead of women when accusations of rape are made?

* Where are you getting this info. from? I don't think the military protects men. From some of the things that I've heard (not sure if it's true or not) it's easier for a woman to claim rape than it is for a man to defend himself. A lot of people say that they hear stories of men going to a party/bar/wherever...they meet a girl, both get drunk, then have sex. Later on the girl would get embarrassed and want to claim she was raped. I'm not the military expert but like I've said before, we have the resources needed to help victims of rape and it's taken seriously on all accounts.*

I'm starting to think that I'm talking on deaf ears. You really don't want to hear about different opinions...you just want to believe what you want. So with that being said...I'm done.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:17am

* Where are you getting this info. from? I don't think the military protects men. From some of the things that I've heard (not sure if it's true or not) it's easier for a woman to claim rape than it is for a man to defend himself. A lot of people say that they hear stories of men going to a party/bar/wherever...they meet a girl, both get drunk, then have sex. Later on the girl would get embarrassed and want to claim she was raped. I'm not the military expert but like I've said before, we have the resources needed to help victims of rape and it's taken seriously on all accounts.*

I'm starting to think that I'm talking on deaf ears. You really don't want to hear about different opinions...you just want to believe what you want. So with that being said...I'm done.

Well this is indeed the first time I've heard this version of events. Are we entering the personal attack phase so soon? You've only started addressing my question in your last couple of posts. I posted a documentary which is based on interviews as well as stats from government studies. I'm not sure where you got your info from but it sounds like typical misogynist drivel. LOL And you called me the victim blamer. So with that being said...good riddance!

Edited by starflower7 - Nov 06 2012 at 4:20am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:52am

I kind of feel like no one is addressing my main question on whether they think women were allowed in the military for this specific purpose. That's not to say that all they can do or that's all they're good for, but considering that they have limited duties and that these types of crimes are very rarely acted upon, do you think this is why women continue to be recruited? Perhaps sex/entertainment is the only reason they are there but no one wants to come out and say it?

Star, i think the reason you'll find it hard to get your questions addressed is that black people are incapable of truly believing that the white man is strategically trying to destroy them in every physical,mental and spiritual phase of their existence, even when everything in history tells them this is so.  If you every want to know the answer to a question you have about white affinity for evil dont ask black people ask history.

is it possible that women are recruited as sexual entertainment for men in the military? yes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic