Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Theory about Rape in the Military
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Theory about Rape in the Military

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 28 2006
Location: StrwberryFields
Status: Offline
Points: 303024
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:31am
CryLOL@ paper b*tch.

Your posts have been thanked.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 23 2011
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 116122
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

Oh and I literally laughed out loud and the men only jobs. Should there be women only jobs as well? Secretary? Nurse? Paper bitch? Damsel in distress? *rolls eyes* 



is there a possibility that people will die as a result of physical differences between men and women in these jobs?


ETA: as long as women firefighters have the same requirements as men (ex, able to lift x amount of weight) then I'm fine with it. But I remember hearing a debate about this from bill maher yrs ago that women werent held to the same standards


Edited by Lite Brite - Nov 06 2012 at 1:37am
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146426
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:35am
lmfaooo i am fuccin dead @ paper bish

mrshairdo is retiring for the night y'all.....

Back to Top
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 19 2011
Location: southside
Status: Offline
Points: 19639
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:39am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i will say that idk why women join the military, idk why black women join the military, idk why anyone with education joins the military.

benefits.
the end.
Back to Top
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 29 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 37627
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:43am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

Oh and I literally laughed out loud and the men only jobs. Should there be women only jobs as well? Secretary? Nurse? Paper bitch? Damsel in distress? *rolls eyes* 
 
DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead
Back to Top
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 04 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 77840
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:12am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:


I'll keep this short. I was watching this


which is a documentary about rape in the military and how rare it is for these crimes against women to be taken seriously. I got the idea that the whole reason women were ever allowed in the military was to entertain the men. I say this because when it comes to physical work, women are much less efficient and more vulnerable; they don't even allow the women in combat; they create environments which enable the men to prey on the women; and they often blame the woman for complaining about it or sweep it under the rug. 

This is something they had to have known would happen. It's a simple as 1-2-3. Men/people will behave in predictable ways in certain situations. These are men are stressed out, isolated from society, away from their families, and sometimes risking life and limb and they throw a few women into the mix. What did they expect would happen? They come in from a hard day of work, no family to greet them, they already feel like women are not doing their share of the work, and they most likely feel entitled. 

I have never been in the military nor do I have any family members who have so I may be way off here. What is your opinion on this?


To the first bolded part, that's not true. I know women who work in aircraft maintenance that can take apart a C-130 engine and fix it with no problems. I know skinny men in my job (network technician) that couldn't even lift a book and put it on a shelf.

The second bolded is the reason why there are so many rapes in the military...people sympathize with these men. This whole paragraph sounds like women/victim blaming...as if a woman got raped because the man has it so hard; how about that man needs to grow the fuck up and keep his hands to himself.


1. You're comparing a female aircraft technician to a male office worker. I wasn't trying to imply that women are useless, however there is a noticeable difference between our physical abilities on average when not considering two extremes of the population which is kind of what you are doing. 

2. I don't sympathize with the men, but I think the people in charge in the military do and that's why this keeps happening. I agree that men should keep their hands to themselves, but what's right and wrong probably hasn't prevented as many assaults as the threat of legal action has. The stressors of military life compounded with the implied tolerance of this behavior by their supervisors probably does give them a sense of entitlement and superiority. I'm not sure how pointing that out is victim blaming.
Back to Top
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 02 2010
Location: Hell
Status: Offline
Points: 232150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:16am
I will never join the military. The misogyny there is in its purest form through men under stress, easily-manipulated and abused authority, and a horrible sense of entitlement. I think they turn straight animalistic because of all the stress. The sex games you commonly hear about are one thing. But the outright rape is another.

I'd feel safer in the of Chi-town at 3 in the morning than in the military. No hate to military peeps, but I'd fear for my safety and not because of the enemy I'd have to fight but the men I call my comrades.
Back to Top
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 04 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 77840
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:16am
I kind of feel like no one is addressing my main question on whether they think women were allowed in the military for this specific purpose. That's not to say that all they can do or that's all they're good for, but considering that they have limited duties and that these types of crimes are very rarely acted upon, do you think this is why women continue to be recruited? Perhaps sex/entertainment is the only reason they are there but no one wants to come out and say it?
Back to Top
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 26 2010
Location: inyomouf
Status: Offline
Points: 95339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:19am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

Oh and I literally laughed out loud and the men only jobs. Should there be women only jobs as well? Secretary? Nurse? Paper bitch? Damsel in distress? *rolls eyes* 


wow never seen anyone ruffle ur feathers beforeShocked.. but i do agree with your post...

what about construction workers, should women quit their jobs because some men act like pigs..

Back to Top
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 26 2010
Location: inyomouf
Status: Offline
Points: 95339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:20am
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

I kind of feel like no one is addressing my main question on whether they think women were allowed in the military for this specific purpose. That's not to say that all they can do or that's all they're good for, but considering that they have limited duties and that these types of crimes are very rarely acted upon, do you think this is why women continue to be recruited? Perhaps sex/entertainment is the only reason they are there but no one wants to come out and say it?


JEZUS star that hurt my wil feelings.. i know u didn't mean to offend but stillCry
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down