BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Theory about Rape in the Military

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
honeydrop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeydrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Well I was in the army, and I will tell you straight up that people were raped and the military covered it up. I was in the army. At my base in New Jersey within an 8 month placement, there were 3 reported rapes. All of those women left the military. The men stayed and were not punished. I saw one rape trial, and the guy was acquitted. The smart women did not report their assault. Why jeopardize your career and your good name? I knew women that were assaulted, and chose not to speak. I can't blame them. They dragged the women who reported it through the mud. Called them sluts, whores, stopped speaking to them, isolated them, etc. The military condones it. Flat out. That is how I feel. If anyone has a problem with that, I'm sorry. That is based on my experience.

This is sad but so true, this is the other "don't ask don't tell"
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:10pm
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Isn't the conviction rate for society in general low?    I don't know the exact stats, but I do know that alot of alleged rapists run the streets free due to lack of evidence, or women afraid to press charges, or any other reasons that prevent lock up of these predators. What makes you think that the military numbers would be better/higher then society at large?

Bottomline is that rape is prevalent because men rule the world.  Doesn't matter if you look at the US, Europe, the middle East...where ever you go, women in general are viewed as weaker and to be dominated. 

The military has an internal justice system though. They don't really have to answer to anyone. They can decide whether or not to prosecute and who to prosecute and that's that. Some people think that's shady.

UCMJ as Freedom said is an internal justice system.  We also have specific articles (laws) that govern conduct and criminal activity.  I'm not going to  detail all that's involved either.  If people think its shady then they can take it up with their congressman.

OMG you know what's exactly what they said in the documentary! The rape victim said it's not right that they pretty much told her that if she has a problem with the way her case was handled she needed to take it up with her congressman! Ouch

smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:19pm

Isn't the conviction rate for society in general low?    I don't know the exact stats, but I do know that alot of alleged rapists run the streets free due to lack of evidence, or women afraid to press charges, or any other reasons that prevent lock up of these predators. What makes you think that the military numbers would be better/higher then society at large?

Bottomline is that rape is prevalent because men rule the world.  Doesn't matter if you look at the US, Europe, the middle East...where ever you go, women in general are viewed as weaker and to be dominated. 

The military has an internal justice system though. They don't really have to answer to anyone. They can decide whether or not to prosecute and who to prosecute and that's that. Some people think that's shady.

UCMJ as Freedom said is an internal justice system.  We also have specific articles (laws) that govern conduct and criminal activity.  I'm not going to  detail all that's involved either.  If people think its shady then they can take it up with their congressman.

OMG you know what's exactly what they said in the documentary! The rape victim said it's not right that they pretty much told her that if she has a problem with the way her case was handled she needed to take it up with her congressman! Ouch

Ouch

Edited by smaison - Nov 06 2012 at 3:19pm
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:28pm
Star if you want to believe a documentary  as your only factual source over persons who have posted and told you how it really is  then do you.   You seem set to ignore any other opinion then the ones that support your stance like sweet n stuff said...so much for asking for opinions.
freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:31pm

Well I was in the army, and I will tell you straight up that people were raped and the military covered it up. I was in the army. At my base in New Jersey within an 8 month placement, there were 3 reported rapes. All of those women left the military. The men stayed and were not punished. I saw one rape trial, and the guy was acquitted. The smart women did not report their assault. Why jeopardize your career and your good name? I knew women that were assaulted, and chose not to speak. I can't blame them. They dragged the women who reported it through the mud. Called them sluts, whores, stopped speaking to them, isolated them, etc. The military condones it. Flat out. That is how I feel. If anyone has a problem with that, I'm sorry. That is based on my experience.

Why do you think they cover it up? Do you think they feel that providing sex is an implied part of the women's duties?

I for one think many MEN see women as objects to use for sexual dominance.The problem is men dominate in the military! The problem is this concept of "team." You know the whole "should he lose his career because of this rape?" It reminds me of the whole priest scandal and how the Catholic church handled it.  Another problem is these issues can be kept out of the public eye.

There is a rape culture in the military...hands down. Until that culture is changed, then it will continue.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:34pm

Star if you want to believe a documentary  as your only factual source over persons who have posted and told you how it really is  then do you.   You seem set to ignore any other opinion then the ones that support your stance like sweet n stuff said...so much for asking for opinions.

I thought we were here to talk. But if you're over it and you wanna leave that's fine. But I have not dismissed or disrespected you or anyone else.
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:36pm

I was going to mention the exact same thing...we gave our opinion but because we didn't say yes, rape is swept under the rug and we were recruited to be the sex bunnies for the men in the military then they aren't hearing it.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by freedom76 freedom76 wrote:

Why do you think they cover it up? Do you think they feel that providing sex is an implied part of the women's duties?

I for one think many MEN see women as objects to use for sexual dominance.The problem is men dominate in the military! The problem is this concept of "team." You know the whole "should he lose his career because of this rape?" It reminds me of the whole priest scandal and how the Catholic church handled it.  Another problem is these issues can be kept out of the public eye.

There is a rape culture in the military...hands down. Until that culture is changed, then it will continue.

That is another good way to look at it. Men do pretty much run things there.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:48pm

it sounds like you are trying to force her to believe what you say.  you posted what you believe to be true im sure she and anyone whose interested read it. what more are you expecting from her?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic