Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Thelma from Good Times hairstyles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
shanisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thelma from Good Times hairstyles
    Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 7:04am
I've noticed, that afros and styles from back in the day were prob. created using Much simpler procedures and products.

Thelma from Good times was one of my inspirations for going natural. If anyone knows, or used to their hair during this time period...how did you she created such a nice fluffy, round afro? and when her hair was Straighter on some episodes, what did she prob. do to get it like that (hot comb?)

What products were used back in the day to keep simple, clean, moisture hair?
Sponsored Links

ladymzlee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladymzlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 7:06am
Thelma was BADDDDDD Clap!! When my mom wore a fro back then she either had a blowout then set her hair on sponge rollers for a more rounded look.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 7:06am
I wanna know the same!!!....my uncle always calls me Themla
ladymzlee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladymzlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 7:12am
Thelma wore some bad ass braided styles too. She's easily one of the most beautiful Black women on tv ever!
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 8:17am

^^IA Thelma was hot stuff! 

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 8:54am
I luved Thelma's hair and styleClap! My Mom said that alot of women actually wore afro wigs even though they had big afros of their own.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Jul 19 2010 at 8:54am
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 9:17am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

I luved Thelma's hair and styleClap! My Mom said that alot of women actually wore afro wigs even though they had big afros of their own.

That's interesting.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 10:04am
I loved all her hair styles. I loved my mom and dad fro but they just tell me just pic my hair out.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

That's interesting.
My Momma was one of 'em too. She also said that when she wore her own fro, she would pick it out and then use AquaNet for hold. I swear I can remember being a child (of the late 70's- early 80's) and seeing AquaNet on her dresserLOL
SPstyles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPstyles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 5:16pm
very interesting....

i love Thelma's hair too
it always looked so soft, shiny and moisturized

that's it! im going to buy me an afro wig tomorroW!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic