Their families owned slaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 3:34pm
Unnatural ... meaning 'forced' relations (rape) which is not a 'natural' interaction between people.
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 3:41pm
Should have just said rape.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Should I be surprised ?

I would like to see a list of famous & rich contemporaries who's lineage did not acquire a fortune through Slavery.

This
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Give me a list of white people who didn't own slaves and then I'll be surprised

Well the white that came during 1800s that travel up north to work in factories because getting slaves required capital and a fairly large amount of it.  Even if they can afford to purchase one, they need land, seed, tools, and knowledge on what to grow and whether it will turn a profit.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Many Black People who aren't 100% African have an ancestry of slave ownership.
I know for a fact my family owned slaves. 
I have deep family roots, documents have been passed down and my aunt showed me slave purchase ledgers. So I can relate to this shame as can many other Blacks.

Errrrrrr....not necessarily.  IN case you didn't know, there was some people in parts of Africa that own slaves or participated in the slave trade that sold slaves not only to white people but to Arabs and other Africans.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Should have just said rape.
Rape sounds so bad. What yt person wants to read an article that says their ancestors were slave owners, killers & rapists? Unnatural relations sounds a bit more sanitary.Dead
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Yeah, but how is it the fault of THESE people that their ancestors owned slaves? Confused

This is just focusing on them because they are here and ... handy IMO because non of these people have the power to go back in history ... and change anything.

Cheap shot. Confused

Do you know how many BLACK people owned slaves? A lot .. and they were just as brutal as the Whites.
This was free labor afterall so if you can't force people to work ... you will go out of business.

That was what the economy was based on.

In today's terms if Computer companyt A does not have to pay their employees to write code ... they will corner the market because Microsoft has to pay salaries .. so who will get run out of business?
Did you just make a post justifying slavery? WTF? You're even making business arguments and all?
And as far as these people go, they're in the public eye, so it's fair.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 6:03pm
Ah the peculiar institution .
That unnatural relations phrase reminds me that saying "slavery" in the Senate or at any formal function was frowned upon , our peculiar institution was what they preferred to call it.

Edited by jonesable - Aug 24 2013 at 6:09pm
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Many Black People who aren't 100% African have an ancestry of slave ownership.
I know for a fact my family owned slaves. 
I have deep family roots, documents have been passed down and my aunt showed me slave purchase ledgers. So I can relate to this shame as can many other Blacks.

Errrrrrr....not necessarily.  IN case you didn't know, there was some people in parts of Africa that own slaves or participated in the slave trade that sold slaves not only to white people but to Arabs and other Africans.

Some?? It was a way of life

Tippu Tip ?
Aro and Abam Slavers on the Atlantic Coast?
Kind of sad cause their was a vast network that Europeans tapped into. Wasnt chattel Slavery by any means... Wasn't a walk in the park either.

Edited by OoDles O - Aug 24 2013 at 6:52pm
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Yeah, but how is it the fault of THESE people that their ancestors owned slaves? Confused

This is just focusing on them because they are here and ... handy IMO because non of these people have the power to go back in history ... and change anything.

Cheap shot. Confused

Do you know how many BLACK people owned slaves? A lot .. and they were just as brutal as the Whites.
This was free labor afterall so if you can't force people to work ... you will go out of business.

That was what the economy was based on.

In today's terms if Computer companyt A does not have to pay their employees to write code ... they will corner the market because Microsoft has to pay salaries .. so who will get run out of business?

Was the article faulting them? Confused

Edited by keepgrowing - Aug 24 2013 at 7:04pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon