Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Whole Scientific Truth about TriETHANOLamine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Whole Scientific Truth about TriETHANOLamine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:47pm
whoa im learning. keep going pink! My hair will be the test of this research because I have 4c that Low porosity and thats nice and soft when wet but the opposite when it dries. Once I find a good reggie then i'm sticking to it.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 5:49pm

Notice how see through wet line is. no gel should be that clear.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:41pm
Btw, I wanted to add one last thing about relaxers, in relation to the lye forming gels. Just because your hair seems to do fine with relaxers, doesn't mean your hair "likes" it, or is healthy. I hear this a lot. A person gets a relaxer and their hair gets a little past their shoulders and looks thick, so they say, "my hair likes relaxers".

One thing that needs to be understood is that just because your hair has a high toleration of something, doesn't mean it likes it. relaxers still eat holes in your hair cuticle, it's just some people have strong enough hair to withstand it. Their hair is still getting damaged, the effects are happening slower. You should actually take that as a sign that once you cut the depilatory relaxers, your hair would probably end up past waist length in 4 years. Basically if you think your hair is healthy now, with all the dissolved areas of your cuticle, it would probably grow like weeds after going natural(unless your hair care practices are extremely backward) while ur cuticles are at their highest potential.

It's like stabbing two different people and saying the one that took longer to keel over likes getting stabbed. I know it seems random, but i was thinking about it when i had that ridiculous troll-fest on naturally curly and this woman claimed lye relaxers do not eat hair because her hair does fine. If your hair loves it so much, try re-relaxing hair you already processed and see how much your hair loves it as it falls into the sink. Even more tolerating hair types have their limit.

On that note, consider that if you use a gel like wet line or ecostyler often, the effects accumulate over time, similar to the way relaxing the same pre-relaxed hair over and over causes over processing and dissolving and breakage. Some people will be "over processed" faster than others, where they just get a bald spot(like i did), others will be effected slower, maybe finding their ends breaking off and have trouble retaining length.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 07 2014 at 3:47pm
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:21am
Hi Pinkecube.  Never really used gel before, approx 2-3x this year.  However, started using the eco styler that I had on this method.  KCCC is not affordable right now, but what other gels can you recommend that can last a while and doesn't cost the earth foryour UK subscribers?  Can I use flaxseed gel instead?  Only trouble is when I used it a couple of times for twist outs, it cause a little flakiness.  I think this could have been down to how I was using it on the following days i.e applying on dry hair?  I don't know.  Been trying to put a recipe together but just researching a few mucilaginous botanicals.Smile
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 8:24pm
Wow, glad I saw this post.
I have ecostyler gel which I've used on my hair, and I almost rebought some.
I'm gonna trash this stuff.Dead
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 8:29pm
It really upsets me how people can use ecostyler religiously and still get great results like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W5cCxAIZOE

meanwhile if I use it my hair is dry and brittle. I hope I can get hair like his from doing the MHM, but I think his hair is a different texture than mine so we'll see.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Wow, glad I saw this post.
I have ecostyler gel which I've used on my hair, and I almost rebought some.
I'm gonna trash this stuff.Dead

I'm glad i could help AmberColour.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

It really upsets me how people can use ecostyler religiously and still get great results like this

meanwhile if I use it my hair is dry and brittle. I hope I can get hair like his from doing the MHM, but I think his hair is a different texture than mine so we'll see.

I believe his hair is high porosity. Similar to "Mahogany Curl's" (youtube) texture and she also says she is high porosity. She used eco styler gel religiously as well, and her hair is extremely healthy. when i tried to copy that, I got crunchy potato chip hair, thinning, and bald spot galore(no shedding, showing my hair was dissolved the way over processed relaxed hair dissolves) . I realized it was the denatured alcohol (TEA) after trying different gels of the similar symptoms and still having breakage.

That's why i was so angry to even have a bunch of white people with 2c and 3b hair (i thought the one woman was biracial because she said she had relaxers, but actually white people relax their hair a lot as well and her hair looked like a white person's in her avatar) were basically denying my existence because those ingredients didn't effect them. To the point where they were trying to act like the offended victims.

I was polite the whole time, and they just kept questioning me trying to find what i was doing wrong but i experimented up and down and around the town with that gel. I mixed it with shea butter before layering it over my conditioner, which i used heavy amounts of. I mixed it with acv to lower the ph. I mixed it with water. I mixed it with conditioner. I tried only using it for my edges. I tried only using it for twist outs. I tried switching to a gel without protein. But that wasn't good enough. It's my hair, not the product. I have a "problem that i should go to the dermatologist for". Even though i repeated over and over and over again that the baldspot stopped getting bigger when i stopped using the gel. And now it is grown back in because of GHE and the Max Hydration Method.

They wanted to undermine me and make it seem like i have no common sense or something. They were disgusting and hostile because i was sharing my experience. And then one of their left over flea trolls tried to dance their way back over here and spread some more bull. And i know some of them stalked me on Amazon and thumbed down my review. One of them even admitted she had a "friend" that works for the company i was complaining about. But i think she simply worked for the company.

I was pissed to say the least. But i'm glad i didn't put my precious hair to waste and figured out the reason why after all this time. And i'm gonna let people know about it, they are not gonna smother me as i am telling the truth and have done the required research.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 08 2014 at 11:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Wow, yeah, his hair turned out great.
When the video first started I thought he had a different hair type, but I think his is similar to mine.
But not sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 9:45pm
@pinkecube

Glad you found something that worked for you!
And you are around commonfolk here.Smile
I really do want to try the MHM hopefully soon.
I'll post my results in your thread when that happens.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic