BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Walking Dead Season 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 188>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 4.43  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 6:59am
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

I think they follow him because the alternative is a lot worse. they have a nice lil community but the system they use to maintain it is fcked up.
I think it's what you said plus the Governer did some sick stuff to either them or others before this happened. Like with Meryl, I wonder what he saw this man do to make him so obedient in a sense. I expected him to put the Governer in his place when they were in the lab when asked Meryl if they were on a playground and if he was gonna take his lunch money.

Like what could this man have possibly done to make Meryle, hillbilly extraordinaire, sit back and take anything like that? Dude is evil, he got something over Meryle and I don't think it's just the love of his brother. I could be wrong but my senses ain't feeling good bout this dude.

I don't think that the Governor is using Merle's love for his brother as a way to bring him to heel per se  but I do think that the Governor is going to use that when he sees Merle seriously considering leaving him for his brother.   Here's what I think is gone happen. 

Merle gone eventually run across his bro again...he gone try to get him to stay. 
Daryl gone be like Michonne and sense the foul stench that is permeating the town. 
Daryl gone try to get Merle to come with them. 
Merle gone have to choose between the Governor and Daryl. 
Daryl gone have to choose between Merle and Rick n'nem.

The Governor strikes me as the type of person who is an excellent reader.  He knows how play folks...play on their emotions.  He appealed to something in Merle to get him docile.  You see how he knows how to play errybody in that town...enough that those men shot those soldiers up with no problem. He is playin' Andrea so easy.  Andrea is gettin' seduced by hot showers and the appearance of safety....she also likes hard to get...he knows this.

IMO.

*woke up out of a dead sleep to correct 'foul'*

Edited by newdiva1 - Nov 01 2012 at 8:33am
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 7:36am
Maybe he has a stash of drugs he gives him. Remember he was a drug addict and his problem kept some of it on his motorcycle. The nurse knows stuff isn't right in that town, you could see it in her eyes.
What the hell is up with that tea? That guy kept moving the teapot around, it was strange looking.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 1:41pm
I was very critical of the first two seasons. So much to the point that I said they flat out sucked. The writing especially.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of season 3 today (finally got some free time) and I'm happy to say they are much better than anything the series has seen aside from the pilot. For the first time, I'm actually anxious to see what happens next. I'm hoping for a ton of character development.

The only thing I'm nervous about is Michonne. I already don't really like how they are portraying her as this scowling, mad all of the time, angry black woman. ESPECIALLY if that is going to eventually lead to her dignity being stripped by

Spoiler

rape from the Governor, since that is what I read happens in the comics

If that happens, I don't even know If i'll even want to watch the rest of the series. That trope is so cheap. It doesn't need to happen to balance out her character or develop her.

I'm loving the inner battles of Rick. Even if it's only implicit right now, you can see, just visually, how the pressure is mounting on him. He's much more interesting now than he was earlier in the series.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Nov 01 2012 at 1:42pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 1:42pm
I forgot to add that there is one other thing that kind of sort of irks me.

I hate in stories, where the viewers are told and not shown. We kept being told "all that we have been through," yet it falls flat as emotional support to the story because we didn't witness any of it.

When we left off on season 2, the group was almost helpless aside from a few. Now, they are all badasses aside from Carol. When they are ready to take the prison, Rick says "after all we have been through, we can do this," or something like that. We don't see this transition as they become a well oiled killing machine.

We also don't get to see Michonne and Andrea's relationship grow when Andrea says "after all we've been through."

That always annoys me in story telling. It betrays the number 1 rule of writing. Show, don't tell.

I think I do forgive the writers for this though, because it was a necessary evil to move this story forward. It's more of a complaint of season 2 than it is for 3, since I believe 2 should have included the things we didn't get to see (intense training, more than the small amount of gun practice we saw, a growing relationship between Andrea and Michonne).

Anyway.
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 1:58pm
rt you not trying to see that eye scoop tho?

tbh i dont think theyll show most of the govs scenes. he was a nasty mf

if they do theyll probably imply it.

spoiler:

him and his daughter and rick getting his hand chopped, would they risk their star like that iuno[/white]

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I was very critical of the first two seasons. So much to the point that I said they flat out sucked. The writing especially.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of season 3 today (finally got some free time) and I'm happy to say they are much better than anything the series has seen aside from the pilot. For the first time, I'm actually anxious to see what happens next. I'm hoping for a ton of character development.

The only thing I'm nervous about is Michonne. I already don't really like how they are portraying her as this scowling, mad all of the time, angry black woman. ESPECIALLY if that is going to eventually lead to her dignity being stripped by

Spoiler

rape from the Governor, since that is what I read happens in the comics

If that happens, I don't even know If i'll even want to watch the rest of the series. That trope is so cheap. It doesn't need to happen to balance out her character or develop her.

I'm loving the inner battles of Rick. Even if it's only implicit right now, you can see, just visually, how the pressure is mounting on him. He's much more interesting now than he was earlier in the series.

*ghost written*

yeah....I can see your concern.  I had heard about what was going to happen so iono....do u think that maybe so when the incident goes down...it will be seen as a sweeter ...taking by the governor.   Andrea tossin' it at him.  I'm sure all the women are just lobbin' it in. He ain't want that ...he gone want resistance.  I do wish they would go a bit into Michonne's back story.....so we as the audience can understand why she is the way she is...if she must be betrayed as this angry black woman.   Which is kinda funny I mean...The world for all intents and purposes is gone thru.  My so and brother are real fuccin' dead.  I gotta sleep with one eye open....i'd be mad too.

Rick is gone snap a bit IMO.   I think a crazy Rick is what is gone be needed to take out the Governor.  Shane was right in that sense.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I forgot to add that there is one other thing that kind of sort of irks me.

I hate in stories, where the viewers are told and not shown. We kept being told "all that we have been through," yet it falls flat as emotional support to the story because we didn't witness any of it.

When we left off on season 2, the group was almost helpless aside from a few. Now, they are all badasses aside from Carol. When they are ready to take the prison, Rick says "after all we have been through, we can do this," or something like that. We don't see this transition as they become a well oiled killing machine.

We also don't get to see Michonne and Andrea's relationship grow when Andrea says "after all we've been through."

That always annoys me in story telling. It betrays the number 1 rule of writing. Show, don't tell.

I think I do forgive the writers for this though, because it was a necessary evil to move this story forward. It's more of a complaint of season 2 than it is for 3, since I believe 2 should have included the things we didn't get to see (intense training, more than the small amount of gun practice we saw, a growing relationship between Andrea and Michonne).

Anyway.

Agreed.  They coulda at least attempted a montage.

*sings..... Show a lot of things happenin' at once,
Remind everyone of what's going on (what's going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
To show it all would take to long
That's called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)*

Edited by newdiva1 - Nov 01 2012 at 2:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 2:14pm
But the thing is, almost everyone on the show has lost people. Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers. Yet Michonne is the only one that is literally scowling in every scene. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 2:28pm
True. How is Michonne's character in the comic?

Edited by newdiva1 - Nov 01 2012 at 2:29pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 3:33pm
dang sistahs cant even catch a break in a post zombie apocalypse world
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style