BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The VOTE 2012 THREAD!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448 452>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:02pm
I'd find another church if I were you. 
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I'm scarred to go back to church tomorrow.  Our pastor basically told us to vote for Romney.  I don't  play those games.  I voted for Obama and just like that article said, couldn't trust my black ass on facebook.  Now I done talked all this shyt, shared GIFs, etc.  

I been at my church for 12 years and I love it for the most part.  I don't know what to do!  
A true  man of god would not tell you who to vote for . I agree with Farra . Sounds like his faith is similar to Romney. My pastor only ask that we vote and pray for the right man to lead the country with the back of god . Well my prayers work . Embarrassed
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:17pm
Yeah I was pretty shocked.  He didn't come right out and say it but he preached a whole sermon about it.  He was like, "Look at the moral issues," then went on to talk about abortion, gay rights etc.  My blood was boiling but then I don't know that I would leave on one bad experience in 12 years.  I may wait another week LOL
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:24pm
@India: Thanked

I expect a lot from pastors. Too much most would say. 

One of the many reasons why I don't go to church.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

I'm am hopeful the repubs and demos can work together this time

Watch and mark my words. Obama is about to get reeeeal presidential with those folks in congress and he is not gonna be dancing around and walking on eggshells anymore. Things will be done and he will be D-blocking shyt to get done. Watch!!! He knows racism is very prevalent in restricting all of the things he wants to achieve. Whiteys are about to get a rude awakening hate him even more than they do.

Im gonna enjoy every bit of it. 

yup

he doesnt need another term in office

he is so going to leave an indelible mark on american history this term
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Yeah I was pretty shocked.  He didn't come right out and say it but he preached a whole sermon about it.  He was like, "Look at the moral issues," then went on to talk about abortion, gay rights etc.  My blood was boiling but then I don't know that I would leave on one bad experience in 12 years.  I may wait another week LOL

my pastor didn't do this and i'm happy, b/c this issue really pisses me off.. I am disgusted by ALL THESE CHURCH'S that tried to influence their flock to vote for a FREAKIN MORMON.. i"m disgusted at the ball face lie that Mormon's are Christians just to try to convince people its ok to vote for him.. when all these very same pastor's have preached all these other religions are outside of the new testament covenant even Jews so how did the Mormon's get in? B/c its a blatant LIE FROM THE PITTS OF HELL... and frankly i want to call out every Pastor that promoted this lie from the church b/c i'm extremely offended.. I'm really pissed that they have SOLD OUT JESUS CHRIST FOR JOSEPH SMITH, in the name of politics.. and i want to see scripture and verse where it tells me.. 1) Jesus was a republican, and 2) Mormon's are Christians.. and when they can't show me b/c it AIN'T IN THERE, i want to call the devil a liar in their face.. 
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:54pm
sexibeach, first, you've been thanked.  Second, I was beyond disgusted, I was hurt.  It hurt most because my pastor is a great man, someone who has been there in many ways for me and my family.  He married my husband and I, he conducted my sister's funeral, he counseled us in early marriage his family is like my family and vice versa.  I don't hold him on some ridiculous pedestal but I have a lot of respect for him.  It because I lost not only respect but he lost credibility in my eyes.

But do I leave my church home for it?  I'm not that drastic.  I'll let it blow over.  There have been many things preached that I don't agree with that are mainstream Christian beliefs. The alternative to Obama was out of the question for me.

Anyway, I know a LOT of black churches who did the same and I was beginning to wonder if they really believed that or if there was some incentive.  Who knows.  All I know is that I think for myself, make informed decisions and don't fault anyone for not agreeing with me so I hope no one will fault me for not agreeing with them.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:56pm
When it was Kerry vs. Bush, we had a nun come at the end of mass and start sobbing at the alter, talking about "There is another war going on killing millions daily, it's called abortion...he may be Catholic, but don't vote for him." 
My father who is super Catholic, was furious. That was the beginning of my transition into humanism.

This time, the church was furious with Ryan for trying to screw the poor. I was proud of the Nuns on the Bus.

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:16pm
Waymint, waymint, WAYMINT! Somebody said Jesus was a republican? Confused

Feedin 4000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishies Jesus? Confused

I was naked and ye clothed me Jesus? Confused 

I was sick and ye visited/took care of me Jesus? Confused

I was in prison, and ye came to me Jesus? Confused

Ain't no way in hades, that Jesus wasn't a republican. They musta been talking about the Jesus that does their yard and some eavesdropper misunderstood.

ETA Ouch

Edited by FarraFace - Nov 10 2012 at 4:50pm
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Waymint, waymint, WAYMINT! Somebody said Jesus was a republican? Confused

Feedin 4000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishies Jesus? Confused

I was naked and ye clothed me Jesus? Confused 

I was sick and ye visited/took care of me Jesus? Confused

I was in prison, and ye came to me Jesus? Confused

Ain't no way in hades that Jesus wasn't a republican. They musta been talking about the Jesus that does their yard and some eavesdropper misunderstood.

well since republicans believe that its individual's right and personal choice to do that, and not the government's role... i'm sure it would still fit. 
jesus would probably be a republican. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448 452>