Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The VOTE 2012 THREAD!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 452>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:27pm
I started getting Mitten stuff via direct mail last week 4 times and they seemed to keep getting bigger. I also got it from other repubs in state and after all that there was only one thing I learned.

White folk love taking pictures on a beach or in front of some house while all the the dudes wear matching button ups or polos and the girls in matching dresses.

Sponsored Links

mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:02pm
SMFHHH 

12:09 AM ET

A tie for Obama and Romney in nation's first results

The first presidential election results are in - and it's a tie.

President Barack Obama and his Republican rival, Mitt Romney, each received five votes in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

The town in the state's northeast corner has opened its polls shortly after midnight each election day since 1960 - but today's tie was the first in its history.

The result was unexpected, said town clerk Dick Erwin. The town has two registered Democrats, three Republicans and five independents.
"Considering the way things are polling around the country, we may have been the first tie of the day," said town clerk Dick Erwin, noting the national polls showing a virtual dead heat in the race. "Keep your eyes on the news reports, because it's going to be a wild ride."

The town, home to about a dozen residents, has drawn national media attention for being the first place in the country to make its presidential preferences known.

Unlike some parts of the country, election officials never have to worry about lack of interest.  Dixville Notch has had 100% voter turnout since it started its first-in-the-nation voting tradition.

Under New Hampshire voting law, a poling place can be closed once all registered voters have officially cast their ballots.  With all 10 registered voters on hand, the community had its tally shortly after midnight.

However, since 1996, another small New Hampshire town - Hart's Location - reinstated its practice from the 1940s and also began opening its polls at midnight.

The result there? Obama 23; Romney 9

The result in Dixville Notch is hardly a reliable bellwether for the eventual winner of the White House - or even the result statewide.

Although the community typically leans Republican, residents went for Obama in 2008 - the first time the majority of folks in Dixville Notch went for a Democrat in 40 years.

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

is there a website i can go to to see if my absentee ballot vote was received? 

your state Secretary of State website or the county voter's registration website..

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:13pm
Romney people said this morning on the news, they need the yt people to come out and vote.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Romney people said this morning on the news, they need the yt people to come out and vote.

yea b/c he's up against blacks, that won't vote for him, and latino's.. so he's got mostly racist ass white folks and a couple of coons.. they didn't figure in the brown folks coming out on the last day that ain't in none of these polls.. 

i've been making calls  at headquarters all morning getting out the vote, getting folks rides to the polls.. this afternoon FOR MY PRESIDENT i'll be calling swing states.. you can do this by signing up on the President's website and make the calls online you don't get charged long distance. they give you a list and phones numbers with a script when you call.. 
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:00pm
Hill Harper was on the radio he said dont me me have to come do a csi investigation in ohio becaus shall didn't come out and vote

CNN said this morning either Romney will win with the lowest ever minority support or Obama will win with the lowest white support.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:05pm
So I submitted a provisional ballot today. I learn 30 days from now if it was counted or not. The election judge at my precinct said it most likely will be counted since I received the letter late (I registered to vote, but received a vague letter saying something was incorrect). But since I am still registered in another precinct, she said it will count and not to worry. But I don't know if she just said that so I don't get irate lol. 

O well, I'm in texas anyways so romney has texas for sure. But still want to be part of history and voting for obama felt so gooooood lol.

Edited by keepgrowing - Nov 06 2012 at 2:05pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:17pm
As the last full day of the 2012 presidential campaign gets under way, the Signal's prediction remains the same as it was nearly nine months ago: President Barack Obama will win reelection with 303 electoral votes, winning Ohio and Virginia but losing Florida to Gov. Mitt Romney.

There is only about a 15 percent chance that we'll actually be correct, based on our prediction model, given the many combinations of close states that could go either way. Obama has a 24.8 percent likelihood of winning Florida, while Romney has a 40.8 percent chance of snagging Virginia and a 19.9 percent chance of securing Ohio. Romney needs to sweep all three states to secure the election.

This may make it seem like all hope is lost for Romney — the odds of him defending Florida and taking Ohio and Virginia are about 6 percent if you simply multiply the probabilities. While the Signal is predicting an Obama victory, we're not calling it with 94 percent certainty. That is because state elections are not entirely independent events. The polls could be systematically biased toward Obama based on faulty assumptions about voter turnout, or the final polls could fail to capture a late surge in support for the Republican candidate.
Here's a rundown of where those three states stand:

In Florida, Romney leads Obama with 50.65 percent of the vote, not counting third-party candidates. The two main poll aggregation sites, Pollster and RealClearPolitics, disagree over the inclusion of several recent polls, but both point to a slight lead for Romney. The two main prediction market sites, Betfair and Intrade, also disagree over the level of the lead, but they both point to a likely win for Romney.

Long lines have marred early voting in the Florida. Republicans are expected to benefit from the reduction of early voting from 14 to eight days, especially the elimination of voting on the Sunday prior to the election, where African-American churches historically voted en mass after church. Even so, 4.3 million votes were cast early, and the state is on track to just about match 2008 voting figures.

In Virginia, Obama leads Romney with 50.50 percent of the poll-share going to either of the two candidates. This is essentially the opposite situation to Florida, but with one key distinction: There is much less variance in the Virginia polls. Where the Florida polls swing wildly, the Virginia polls provide a small but consistent lead for Obama. Prediction markets are in full agreement with Obama's small lead in Virginia.

In Ohio Obama leads Romney with 51.65 percent of the poll-share going to either of the two candidates. This lead was buoyed over the weekend by another round of strong polls for Obama: 5 point lead, 4 point lead, 8 point lead, 3 point lead, and 2 point lead. The prediction markets keep drifting more and more confident of an Obama victory in Ohio.
The math is pretty basic: Romney can only be as likely to win the country as he is to win Ohio. Romney is currently 19.9 percent likely to carry Ohio. Romney can still win this election, but Obama is heavily favored as we head into the final stretch.

Follow the state-by-state and overall presidential predictions in real time with PredictWise.com.
David Rothschild has a Ph.D. in applied economics from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. Follow him on Twitter @DavMicRot
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:21pm
I would hope President Obama would win Ohio.
Not only because of its important in winning the election but he spent a massive amount if money there
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:29pm
I have gotten so many calls today. This lady has called me three time and I have hung up on her and she keeps calling back.

Now she just left a voicemail. I can tell she's white.

I got a call from Yvette McGee brown

And about 5 emails from Obama and Biden today

I don't even remember giving out my number
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 452>