Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The VOTE 2012 THREAD!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 450>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 6:49am
I left at 6:30 and got home at 7:10. The worst part was finding my election district Smoothe sailing after that
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 6:54am
Seducky, you ain't right.LOL

Got there at 6:30 and there was already about 50 people there...about 80% black.Party

Waited about 40 minutes and that was that! Got in the car and heard this song come on. Perfect!

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:09am
First time at the polls. I did absentee last time. Wasn't that bad, though it was raining. 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:11am
Oh I did have to booboo while I was filling out the ballot, so I left a few blankStern Smile. My stomach ain't right. 
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:14am
Twas 34 degrees this morning. We got there 30 minutes before the door opened and the line was 40 people deep. We only had to wait 20-30 minutes to vote. By the time we got out, the line was 100 people deep and down the street. There were so many people who had to get special ballots cause their asses moved and never bothered to change their voter registration information. 
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Oh I did have to booboo while I was filling out the ballot, so I left a few blankStern Smile. My stomach ain't right. 

LOL

cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:17am
I voted!!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:21am

*hope that this gets more publicity...Ohio ppl would not be happy w/ this.

Mitt Romney Likely To Face Ethics Complaint From UAW For Allegedly Hiding Auto Bailout Profits

Posted: Updated: 11/05/2012 10:24 am EST

The United Auto Workers (UAW), the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and other groups plan to file an ethics complaint against Mitt Romney for allegedly failing to disclose his profits from the auto bailout, the UAW has told The Huffington Post.

The groups are calling for an investigation by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics to investigate Romney's alleged violation of the Ethics in Government Act, which requires presidential candidates to disclose their personal finances. The ethics complaint comes on the heels of an Oct. 17 article in The Nation, which alleged that Romney has hidden his personal gains of at least $15.3 million from the auto bailout.

"He made his fortune off the misfortune of others," Bob King, president of the UAW, told The Huffington Post on Wednesday. "Why should we have to find out from the media about this?"

The Romney campaign could not be immediately reached for comment.

The allegations are ironic given that Romney has been a staunch critic of the auto bailout. Romney called for the government to let the auto industry go bankrupt in an op-ed in The New York Times in 2008. The Romney campaign also released a misleading ad in October that implies Chrysler has moved production of Jeeps to China following the auto bailout.

Romney and his wife allegedly made millions from the auto bailout through their investments in the hedge fund Elliott Management, which held a stake in the auto bailout recipient Delphi Automotive, according to The Nation. The return on this investment amounted to more than 3,000 percent, according to The Nation.

That said, the magazine didn't say that Romney broke the law. From The Nation:

In their 2011 and 2012 Federal Financial Disclosure filing, Ann Romney’s trust lists “more than $1 million” invested with Elliott. This is the description for all of her big investments—the minimal disclosure required by law.

The UAW is holding a press conference on the planned ethics complaint at 2 p.m. on Thursday in Toledo, Ohio.

CLARIFICATION: Language has been changed to characterize more specifically the claims regarding Jeep made in Romney's ad.

http://act.watchdog.net/petitions/1818?share_ref=UIdkAAVRi0A

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:22am
I was the 4th person in line. I was in and out in 30min. Thumbs Up

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

So who do you all think will win???

It's gon be a Romney upset. Watch.

*cues mm's own font*

Shut the fucc up

If President Obama goes....you go Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection