Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The VOTE 2012 THREAD!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 452>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
apple_sauce View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote apple_sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 7:55pm

A distinct lack of enthusiasm in NH...for rMoney. Clap
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

anybody working the polls on Tuesday?
I am, I work all elections except for the primaries

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

tried that sh*t in florida, no thanks. went back home

my sis in FL said she voted absentee. I told her I hope it gets counted.
I really don't trust absentee ballots at all
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 8:02pm
I work them all too. I've been doing it since college days. 
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 8:12pm

I work them all too. I've been doing it since college days. 
do you trust the absentee votes?  I would trust them if everybody were as honest as I am.  In the back of my mind, I think they are throwing paperwork, right into the shredderConfused
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by apple_sauce apple_sauce wrote:

I think it's hilarious he is wasting his last Sunday in PA. LOLLOL

either he is super confident that he has Ohio locked down, or feels its a lost cause.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 8:22pm
I can't deal with all the excessive ads for question 7. 

Edited by purple.chuckz - Nov 04 2012 at 8:22pm
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 10:22pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 10:26pm

African American turnout in NC

is one for the history books. At the end of early voting on Saturday, 49.7% of all registered African American voters in NC had cast their votes. And of those votes, 61% came from WOMEN. By contrast, turnout among White voters was only 38.7%.Party

The person who deserves much of the credit for mobilizing the African American community is Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II, President of the North Carolina NAACP. He delivered a powerful GOTV speech during this year's NC NAACP State Conference:

Election 2012: The Heart of the Matter
http://www.youtube.com/...

Following the Conference, the NAACP launched its "Million Voters March III Campaign" with a tour around the state. The goal was to

1) Inspire one million African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, other minorities, progressive Whites, and friends in the labor and faith communities to vote early;
2) Challenge and report on tactics being used to suppress and block voter participation; and
3) Educate the electorate about the important and critical issues facing North Carolinians in this election.
It worked beautifully. With a legislature solidly under Republican control and the spector of a Republican governor rubber-stamping their regressive policies for the next four years, we here in North Carolina are facing a grim future even though President Obama will win with or without our state. We absolutely do NOT want to become another South Carolina!

Therefore, it is critically important that we keep the tremendous energy and momentum forward alive and burning bright after this election. Please join us on February 9, 2013, for the 7th annual HKonJ Rally and March  - Mobilizing to End Poverty & Economic Injustice - when we bring the People's Assembly to Raleigh to demand of the General Assembly to do the People's business and not business as usual.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/04/1155592/-African-American-turnout-in-NC

Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 10:27pm
Clap
lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 10:30pm
I'm so proud of my people
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair