Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The VOTE 2012 THREAD!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 450>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:17pm
As the last full day of the 2012 presidential campaign gets under way, the Signal's prediction remains the same as it was nearly nine months ago: President Barack Obama will win reelection with 303 electoral votes, winning Ohio and Virginia but losing Florida to Gov. Mitt Romney.

There is only about a 15 percent chance that we'll actually be correct, based on our prediction model, given the many combinations of close states that could go either way. Obama has a 24.8 percent likelihood of winning Florida, while Romney has a 40.8 percent chance of snagging Virginia and a 19.9 percent chance of securing Ohio. Romney needs to sweep all three states to secure the election.

This may make it seem like all hope is lost for Romney — the odds of him defending Florida and taking Ohio and Virginia are about 6 percent if you simply multiply the probabilities. While the Signal is predicting an Obama victory, we're not calling it with 94 percent certainty. That is because state elections are not entirely independent events. The polls could be systematically biased toward Obama based on faulty assumptions about voter turnout, or the final polls could fail to capture a late surge in support for the Republican candidate.
Here's a rundown of where those three states stand:

In Florida, Romney leads Obama with 50.65 percent of the vote, not counting third-party candidates. The two main poll aggregation sites, Pollster and RealClearPolitics, disagree over the inclusion of several recent polls, but both point to a slight lead for Romney. The two main prediction market sites, Betfair and Intrade, also disagree over the level of the lead, but they both point to a likely win for Romney.

Long lines have marred early voting in the Florida. Republicans are expected to benefit from the reduction of early voting from 14 to eight days, especially the elimination of voting on the Sunday prior to the election, where African-American churches historically voted en mass after church. Even so, 4.3 million votes were cast early, and the state is on track to just about match 2008 voting figures.

In Virginia, Obama leads Romney with 50.50 percent of the poll-share going to either of the two candidates. This is essentially the opposite situation to Florida, but with one key distinction: There is much less variance in the Virginia polls. Where the Florida polls swing wildly, the Virginia polls provide a small but consistent lead for Obama. Prediction markets are in full agreement with Obama's small lead in Virginia.

In Ohio Obama leads Romney with 51.65 percent of the poll-share going to either of the two candidates. This lead was buoyed over the weekend by another round of strong polls for Obama: 5 point lead, 4 point lead, 8 point lead, 3 point lead, and 2 point lead. The prediction markets keep drifting more and more confident of an Obama victory in Ohio.
The math is pretty basic: Romney can only be as likely to win the country as he is to win Ohio. Romney is currently 19.9 percent likely to carry Ohio. Romney can still win this election, but Obama is heavily favored as we head into the final stretch.

Follow the state-by-state and overall presidential predictions in real time with PredictWise.com.
David Rothschild has a Ph.D. in applied economics from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. Follow him on Twitter @DavMicRot
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:21pm
I would hope President Obama would win Ohio.
Not only because of its important in winning the election but he spent a massive amount if money there
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:29pm
I have gotten so many calls today. This lady has called me three time and I have hung up on her and she keeps calling back.

Now she just left a voicemail. I can tell she's white.

I got a call from Yvette McGee brown

And about 5 emails from Obama and Biden today

I don't even remember giving out my number
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:30pm
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:31pm
Obama will be our President for the next four years. We got the electoral votes to make this happen.

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Obama will be our President for the next four years. We got the electoral votes to make this happen.

Inserts Praying Hands Here!!!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:39pm
Been voted.  I am more concerned about the Cook County president running than anything.  I rather see anyone rather than Dorothy Brown.  Loathsome bish.
wakder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:16pm
Voted!!!! Even though I live in Alabama it felt good to vote for BO!
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:32pm
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:49pm
IF YOU HAVE BEEN DISPLACED BY HURRICANE SANDY OR ARE NOT REGISTERED TO VOTE WHERE YOU ARE STAYING, YOU CAN STILL VOTE!!!!!!

ASK FOR AN AFFIDAVIT BALLOT, WE SCAN THEM AT THE END OF THE NIGHT BEFORE THE POLLS CLOSE
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 450>
  Share Topic