Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The VOTE 2012 THREAD!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

The VOTE 2012 THREAD!!!!

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 452>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 267831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:32am
I voted already with my absentee ballot but I did vote Yes on this prop Thumbs Up


Edit: Hi Kfoxx! TongueHandshake

Originally posted by apple_sauce apple_sauce wrote:

If you are in California, please vote YES on 37.Huge amounts of money has been going to defeat this measure which would put labels upon all GMOs (genetically modified organisms), from Monsanto and others. Who have been fighting this tooth and nail. If they're so good, why wouldn't they want labels to direct people to their product? None of the ads mention Monsanto or GMOs or the fact that a very recent study showed lab mic blowing up to twice their size with cancerous growths. Or that most of the world has kicked Monsanto OUT. Thank you.

Edit: And be careful...Hershey's is working against Prop 37. Perhaps they use high-fructose corn sweetener from GMO corn?

I should have also qualified: those with "concern" will be immediately put on Ignore. Thank you for your concern.

Via Chuck Cirino:

YES on Proposition 37 - We have a right to know what's in our food. The donors below are the OPPONENTS to Proposition 37 and listed is how much money they've spent on trying to kill it. This list alone should make up your mind on how to vote. YES.

Monsanto - $7,100,500
DuPont - $4,900,000
Pepsi - $2,145,400
Bayer - $2,000,000
Dow - $2,000,000
BASF - $2,000,000
Syngenta - $2,000,000
Kraft Foods -
$1,950,000
Coca-Cola - $1,455,500
Nestle - $1,315,600
General Mills - $1,135,000
ConAgra - $1,077,000
Kellogg’s - $790,000
Smithfield - $684,000

Links for your examination:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=monsanto+cancer+mice&form=MOZSBR&pc=MOZI


Edited by Alias_Avi - Nov 05 2012 at 9:33am
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 22 2010
Location: US - Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 79183
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Hey everybody!

My 8yr old asked who was going to win and I said Obama.  He said aww, I wanted Romney to win.  I said why do you say that just because you like trying new thingsConfused.

Then he wanted to know WHY voting for Romney wasn't a good idea.  Hubby and I said well Obama is better for you because he cares about you going to college and cares about you having healthcare and other things that you need in your life. 

My son:  What does Romney care about?
Me:  Rich people

Then Dad added, and that's not the only problem, Romney doesn't tell the truth, he lies a lot for no reason.

My son:  NEVERMIND!!!

Me and hubby cracked up.  He did tooHeart

Looking forward to Romney ShuttingTFU for two more years cause y'all know he'll be back like a roach in 2016 primary seasonLOL!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012Clap
I wonder how he came to wanting Romeny to win... I remember when I was in elementary school the teachers talked to us about the election and tried to convince the class that Bush was the best choice for education. I went home and told my mom to vote for Bush... She almost knocked me down. She also went on to explain why Gore was the best choice for us... smh at those demonic teachers...
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146406
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Hey everybody!

My 8yr old asked who was going to win and I said Obama.  He said aww, I wanted Romney to win.  I said why do you say that just because you like trying new thingsConfused.

Then he wanted to know WHY voting for Romney wasn't a good idea.  Hubby and I said well Obama is better for you because he cares about you going to college and cares about you having healthcare and other things that you need in your life. 

My son:  What does Romney care about?
Me:  Rich people

Then Dad added, and that's not the only problem, Romney doesn't tell the truth, he lies a lot for no reason.

My son:  NEVERMIND!!!

Me and hubby cracked up.  He did tooHeart

Looking forward to Romney ShuttingTFU for two more years cause y'all know he'll be back like a roach in 2016 primary seasonLOL!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012Clap


LOL that's so adorable!
Back to Top
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2006
Location: southside holla
Status: Offline
Points: 236895
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I wouldn't call it bustin' a move but I thought it was a nice clip of the crowd singing too!Big smile

 
 
ClapClapClapClapClapHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart
Back to Top
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 21 2006
Location: Happyville
Status: Offline
Points: 35004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

There's a Romney blimp floating around in downtown columbus today...pulling out all the stops


Stay safe!!  It is that same old patched up blimp, his campaign rented that crashed in Florida.  I hope it is not windy in Columbus. 

Romney will be there sometime today.  President Obama is scheduled to be in Columbus this afternoon, Jay Z will be there also.
Back to Top
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Oct 29 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 10407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

anybody working the polls on Tuesday?
 
I am. I doubt there will be people waiting, but I heard Miami ones are mess up. They had to shut
some down early and turn people away. Man there better be no crazyness at this one like last time.LOLSleepy
Back to Top
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 29 2005
Location: where I am
Status: Offline
Points: 48044
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:06am
i'm at work in the city county building the line to vote is already around the block BLACK FOLKS ain't playin. 
Back to Top
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Oct 29 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 10407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by Starrygurl Starrygurl wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

I really hope that I don't have to stand long in line. I don't think I could do it. I need to find a chair or something to take w/ me. I wish MI had early voting. 
It depends on which location you go to. The one I want to had chairs in a line inside and even though the line was long it went fast. Now the other location I passed by damnOuch had people all around the block in that hot sun. No thanks.


i will trade hot sun for the cold...i can't button my coat anymore Cry

i'm planning on just going early and see what comes of it. if i have to leave and come back, then so be it...I'm blowing off PD to make sure I vote. LOL
 
Aww. LOL  It wasn't freezing inside just had some a/c, but it was way better than standing outside vs sitting in a line.
Back to Top
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Oct 29 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 10407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:16am
ShockedI thought Miramar/Pines had a lot, nvm Aventura wins. Glad my place I went to wasn't too long.
Aventura
Back to Top
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 10 2008
Location: DUKE TOWN!
Status: Offline
Points: 41978
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:18am
I'm working tomorrow not sure what they will have me doing.I have these booklets of random facts, not political or race related, I will ask if I can pass those out tomorrow. They are pretty funny so it will keep people positive for at least a little while. Hell I will sing and back that ass up if I have to. As long as they don't leave the line.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 452>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down