BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Ultimate Warrior is gone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
livi123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote livi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ultimate Warrior is gone
    Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 9:56am
For any old wrestling fans.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/08/ultimate-warrior-dead-dies-wwe/

Ultimate Warrior Dead: James Hellwig, Pro Wrestler, Dies At 54

The Huffington Post  | by  Ed Mazza

ULTIMATE WARRIOR

James Hellwig, a former professional wrestling superstar better known as the Ultimate Warrior, has died. He was 54.

The news comes just days after Hellwig was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

WWE confirmed the news on its website:

WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters.

In addition, WWE chief Vince McMahon shared the news on Twitter:

There is no word on cause of death.

The Ultimate Warrior was a brash and colorful character known for face paint, arm tassels and big entrances where he would race to the ring and then run around inside it, shaking and pulling on the ropes as if he was trying to rip them off the posts.

Although billed as hailing from "parts unknown," Hellwig was raised in Indiana.

He defeated Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI in 1990 with one of his signature moves, "the big splash," to become champion of what was then known as the WWF (World Wrestling Federation).

He was also known for the gorilla press, and at one point managed to pick up and slam the 7'4" 520-pound Andre the Giant.

However, Warrior and the organization had a falling out, with lawsuits filed over the name and character. In 1993, he legally changed his name to Warrior to help with his effort.

The two eventually settled, but didn't reconcile until recently, culminating in his Hall of Fame induction last week.

“If you really want the biggest bang for your buck, do something self-destructive, get exiled and still come back to headline the Hall of Fame," Hellwig told the Orlando Sentinel last week.

On Monday night, he appeared on WWE's "Raw," donning a mask that mimicked his old face paint.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath," he said at the event. "And if what that man did his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper and something than larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever."

Fellow wrestlers paid tribute to the Ultimate Warrior on Twitter:

Correction: An earlier version of this story said James Hellwig legally changed his name to Ultimate Warrior. In fact, he changed it to Warrior.

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/T/The_Ultimate_Warrior/The_Ultimate_Warrior_-_James_Hellwig_27.jpg

CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:06am
R.I.P even though I have no idea who he is...
livi123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote livi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:08am
You have to feel the power of the blood red moon!Cry
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:12am
i knowwww i was so sad when i heard. :(
never knew what he was talking about but
he was awesomeLOL

Edited by Lady ICE - Apr 09 2014 at 10:13am
livi123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:14am
I didn't eitherLOL ^^^
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:19am
well we'll always have our memories....
the way he shakes them ropesEmbarrassedEmbarrassedLOL
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:30am
That is so sad. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:32am
dude was a leg

one of my fave when i was still young and gullible and into wwf
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:57am
Yet another added to the list of wrestlers that have died young. That list is ridiculously long. That lifestyle of "fake" wrestling is really demanding.
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:00am
Man I haven't cried about a celebrity since Whitney...i teared up for real last night :( 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic