Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE ULTIMATE SELF INSTALL THREAD updates (23/24)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

THE ULTIMATE SELF INSTALL THREAD updates (23/24)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 43444546>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Hotlanta Peach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlanta Peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:29pm

I LIKE THE WAY THIS SELF INSTALL WAS DONE! Clap

Originally posted by trendsetta25 trendsetta25 wrote:

i made a youtube video of my install. I dont know how to post a video in this replyOuch

Bobbi Boss Ocean Wave Install
http://youtu.be/h1cxemSBtOs

Sponsored Links

darealtipwifey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darealtipwifey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 5:31am
Hopefully I will be installing either today or tomorrow. I'm still learning how to braid my hair down.
Nubenap22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubenap22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:15pm
Hello ladies, I'm going to make a wig for myself this weekend this being my 3rd wig I've made for myself. This time I want to tweak it a little. I want to be able to have my leave out from ear to ear, sides, and nape. When sewing my tracks to the wig base should I sew underneath the wig border or somewhere else? I want to be able to wear ponytails while my wig has clips without it being bulky or obvious. 

If this has been addressed already my apologies I didn't find it in my search...
sanschemical View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanschemical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 1:55am
i had to dig up this thread! so useful. I need to learn how to sew in my own hair mainly because of cost! this thread gives the best tips!
napturalpretty1908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napturalpretty1908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 11:18am
BUMP... I need to learn how to do self installs after wasting too much money on wack sew ins
MissCBon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCBon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 3:11am
You can flip the cap inside out and sew the hair under the band of the cap around the perimeter. This way when the hair is pulled back or up, no tracks, nor the cap will show. HTH
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 4:57pm
I just did my first full sew in with sensational premium too. It came out nice although my edges were killing me. I had a pack of 18 and one 16 and would have preferred one more bundle but I made out work. Now i am ready for some better hair. Does anyone do full sew ins with their virgin hair? Or human hair? I'm natural and don't want to blend nothing so full sew in is what I will do. Side bang.
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:32pm
^^????!!!^^  I think most of us are doing installs with "virgin" and hopefully human hair.  Start at the beginning of thread for install tips.  There are several for full weaves.  I prefer the "around the world" full weave sew in method -even for a side bang.
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:44pm
Yea me too about around the world. Except I don't want to put my longest length around I like to keep it in the back and not a too thick bang. I will look around.
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 9:28am
Ok bumping this. I'm doing a self install this wknd and need the info. Anyone's have updates.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 43444546>
  Share Topic