Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE ULTIMATE SELF INSTALL THREAD updates (23/24)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

THE ULTIMATE SELF INSTALL THREAD updates (23/24)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE ULTIMATE SELF INSTALL THREAD updates (23/24)
    Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 9:50am
Look here for tips, tricks, questions/answers, rants raves, and calls for help !!  I and others will chime in as needed with pics/videos/suggestions.   I am learning as we go along-I am no professional or expert.  I begin planning for every self install by going through the pics/videos I have saved to my computer as must/haves and watching youtube videos and this board for any updated videos that I can get tips from.  I have learned a LOT from this board and still do daily.

I have used images /videos from previous posts--if you are the OP of any of the pics/vids that I have posted in this thread and wish me to take down--PM ME and let me know.  I don't want to cause any unnecessary issues-it is all in the interest of learning and compiling knowledge in ONE thread -if possible.  I will not/have not posted any of this anywhere other than here.

Thanks !Smile

Edited by DivaMelody - Feb 05 2011 at 9:27pm
Sponsored Links

Mocha_Shay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mocha_Shay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 10:25am
well im doin a self install next week or the week after next...so im waiting or some tips!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 10:34am
Im a work, so cant post pics, links but will definitely add mucho info this evening !
prettypearl20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettypearl20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 6:34pm
BUMP
mznaterz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mznaterz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 6:36pm
yayeClap im glad you started this thread
Saphira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 6:45pm

bump

blackbar-b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackbar-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 6:47pm
great thread..hopefully will have good braid patterns for using closures
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 7:08pm
There are great braid patterns and step by step fotki links in the weave 101 thread
ebonibarbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebonibarbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 7:13pm
my biggest tip would be not cutting the hair unless needed. i buy bss hair and it help me from having shedded hair all over the place,and a net is also great for self installers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 7:14pm
Best type of needle to use for sew in.  Its better to handle because of the shape.

Different colors of weaving thread.  Some people also use clear nylon thread which can be purchased in craft stores or Walmart.

You can seal wefts with HE101 glue or Aleene's Fray Stop (Joanne's fabric stores or online)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>