Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Ultimate Nit Removal Tutorial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AbbySimpsons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbbySimpsons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 6:46am
Indeed I am a boy but I like to purchase this wigs.It sounds funny but I am extremely overwhelmed by the styles and innovations.

http://www.swimming-caps.info/

Edited by AbbySimpsons - Jun 02 2012 at 6:52am
Sponsored Links

bl@ckBarbie21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bl@ckBarbie21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2012 at 2:44pm
Does it cost more if you ask the vendor to remove the nits? It makes no since for hair to be sent out like that.
bl@ckBarbie21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bl@ckBarbie21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2012 at 10:36am
Ok so I tried this process and the nits are out but I still see little white dots are these the egg shells. Also when using a lice comb is it normal to see shedding from the wefts? Im thinking about sending it back are the white things dead already I dont want it to get into my natural hair?
CheKnBishz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheKnBishz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 7:00pm

Edited by CheKnBishz - Jul 11 2012 at 7:01pm
dnyce2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnyce2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2012 at 10:38am
Thanks for the tutorial, this will come in handy within the next couple of weeks.
Gumdrop92 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumdrop92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 6:04pm
Sleepy You WILL NOT find nits on processed hair.
If you are buying raw, unprocessed, and truly virgin hair...there is a chance that you may experience nits.
Relaxed/kinky straight/kinky curly/bodywave/yaki/etc.......no nits, these are processed. Bss hair...processed too...so no nits.

And nits are the EMPTY egg shells.
scoobie1005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobie1005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 11:52pm
If you purchase any type of hair from Indian, even if you have a certificate of fumigation, there will still be nits. I purchased hair from A.L. Kishore and GRV and received a certificate of fumigation which is a requirement at their respective companies and the hair had plenty of nits! I treated all of the hair again with RID, washed and conditioned it and posted it for sale. All of the hair I sell is pre-treated prior to selling to customer. I think this provides a better product for the customer. I know I would not want to spend a couple of hundred on hair and have to pick out nits!
SelfMadeDiva12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SelfMadeDiva12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 11:46pm
good post. thanks for the info ClapClapClap
Chanee007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chanee007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 12:43am
Originally posted by LexiAzria LexiAzria wrote:

Question: does anyone know about how long the hair is kept at the facilities before being shipped? Because I just found this online...

How long do head lice live?

The life span of an adult louse on a host ranges up to 30 days. During this time, the female head louse can deposit about 90 eggs. After incubating for seven to 10 days, the nits hatch and, after another 10 days, mature into adult head lice and the cycle begins again. Off the host, adult head lice can live about two to four days at 74 degrees Fahrenheit (F) and one to two days at 86 degrees. Nits will remain alive off the host for up to 10 days; they will not hatch at or below room temperature (68 degrees F).

Apparently them just washing the hair regularly wont kill lice or the nits, so I'm guessing that unless there's a long hold time at the facility, the nits can still be alive (according to the info above)? Hopefully Im wrong...

Ewww this is so gross. Dead This makes me not want to touch this hair to start the nit removal process. I'm gonna let it sit a few more days. Just in case! lol
CEE JAY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEE JAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 1:08am
CryTHANK YOU Cry Damn those curls i need to order asap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>