Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Ultimate Nit Removal Tutorial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gospelsongbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gospelsongbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2012 at 12:23pm
Does human hair wigs from BSS and human hair weave from the BSS have nits in them?  I would really appreciate your response.
Sponsored Links

hair d3va View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hair d3va Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2012 at 12:57pm
My hat goes off to all of you all who orders virgin hair and risk dealing LICE.. Nits, Lice or what ever you choose to call them can lay up to 6 eggs per day. Just the thought of that possibly living in my weave if I didn't wash it correctly would have me soooo paranoid. Good post.. but to much work for something that is supposed to less work than my own hair.Wink
MzNikki_0220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzNikki_0220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2012 at 11:58am
Is the nit only on virgin hair? I just recieved my CLY from Kevin and now im scared.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2012 at 9:14am
Is this the same with bss hair??
CrownRhoyale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrownRhoyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 8:45pm
When receiving hair in bulk, I'm assuming it's best to get the hair wefted before trying to clean hair and remove nits, right?

If so, is it normal to send hair with nits to a wefter? Will they they accept the hair if it's very dirty?
MissMizrahi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MissMizrahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 5:24am
BSS hair does not contain nits, alot of the "remy/virgin/indian" human hair is simply over processed chinese hair and half the time isnt from china or india or anywere overseas.

nits are usually in truly unprocessed/raw human hair from overseas Wink

(plz correct me if im mistakenSmile)
dani88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dani88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 1:53pm
Wait, what???!

Why would anyone by hair with nits i.e. LICE GGS in it?!! Plenty of ways to get good quality hair without risking a lice infestation!

Am I missing something?

Edited by dani88 - May 11 2012 at 2:15pm
nubianhair83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubianhair83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 1:25pm
this is very important! I am so glad that this was made!! This need to be in the newbie section as well! I am fairly new to doing my own hair.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by MissMizrahi MissMizrahi wrote:

BSS hair does not contain nits, alot of the "remy/virgin/indian" human hair is simply over processed chinese hair and half the time isnt from china or india or anywere overseas.

nits are usually in truly unprocessed/raw human hair from overseas Wink

(plz correct me if im mistakenSmile)

This is where Im confused. So just raw unprocessed human hair? So if I order some Malaywefted  weave from Anson or someone, it wont have nits right?
cinnamon37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinnamon37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2012 at 7:03pm
Hi ladies..don't visit here much but since I was new to weave hair and purchased some and had the shock of my life the day I got my hair installed and my friend had to calm me down and explain this virgin hair thing to me.  I wanted to share this tip.  First it freaked me out, but if you read up on it it will help to understand what a nit is.  It is not the live lice it is the shaft that the lice once lived before hatching.  Lice need a blood source (your head)and without it they die.  From the time the hair is cut from whomevers head to the time it gets to the US the lice are dead and all you have are the nits. The only way you would actually get lice is if you were overseas with the lady that cut it off her head and then you immediately put it in your hair within days.  With that being said I found the best comb to use which are the ones used back in the day before these metal ones that still let the nit slide through came out. The ones I'm talking about are plastic and the teeth are so close you can't really see through them because they have ridges sticking from in between them on each side so they grip the hair so tight that is just pulls the nits off.  They are about $5 & $6 including shipping per pack of two.  One is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Lice-Comb-2-Pk/dp/B003UAX16W/ref=sr_1_52?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1338593951&sr=1-52 and one is on ebay  http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Lice-Combs-Head-Pet-Flea-Hair-Plastic-Treatment-Rid-Fast-Terminator-Brush-Nit-/350560239984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519f04c170 I think that is not alot to pay to get rid of these things. Using these combs will help so you don't have to bear the uncomfortable time spend getting them out.  I hope this helps.  It did for me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
  Share Topic