Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 252>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Blossom8186 Blossom8186 wrote:

If using a closure with KS or IY hair do you guys usually use 1 or 2 bundles? Im debating getting a 3x4.5 closure but dunno if to buy 1 bundle and split the wefts or just get 2. The thought of 2 bundles on my head kinda scares me tbh lol

I'd get 2 just to be safe. Sometimes with KS, you can split the wefts because it tends to be bushy....but I'd still recommend two.
Sponsored Links

esha wants hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:43pm
I like thinkness and lenght. I'm gonna do an install with just enough leave out to cover the wefts. would 3 bundles be to much? this will be my first time using KS and I'm natural. I wanna use  24 26 22. do I have to worry about poofyness(sp) all the way through or will I have like a lions mane? 
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by esha wants hair esha wants hair wrote:

I like thinkness and lenght. I'm gonna do an install with just enough leave out to cover the wefts. would 3 bundles be to much? this will be my first time using KS and I'm natural. I wanna use  24 26 22. do I have to worry about poofyness(sp) all the way through or will I have like a lions mane? 
Because of the lengths you have chosen, you "may" need the 3 bundles (or 2.5).  Poofiness is normal with KS but you can control it some with your track placement. When I wore my KS it didn't get poofy after it was flatironed.

Edited by missyo67 - Nov 21 2012 at 4:13pm
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:19pm

Whooooa nelly! I've never seen KS in lengths past 18 inches! You're gonna be looking at some thick hair. Depending on how far apart the tracks are placed I'd say 2 1/2 bundles will be sufficient. Of course, I'm speaking from using only 16 and 18 inch.Embarrassed
esha wants hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:41pm
Nigerian_P you are actually part my inspiration lol I have a wedding to go to and I like your look in your avi. my look is Nigerian lace with the long Weave. 
Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by thebombdotkom thebombdotkom wrote:

Originally posted by Blossom8186 Blossom8186 wrote:

If using a closure with KS or IY hair do you guys usually use 1 or 2 bundles? Im debating getting a 3x4.5 closure but dunno if to buy 1 bundle and split the wefts or just get 2. The thought of 2 bundles on my head kinda scares me tbh lol

I'd get 2 just to be safe. Sometimes with KS, you can split the wefts because it tends to be bushy....but I'd still recommend two.

Thank you!
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:08pm

Nigerian_P you are actually part my inspiration lol I have a wedding to go to and I like your look in your avi. my look is Nigerian lace with the long Weave. 

Aww I'm flattered. Even though myhair was looking a mess under that scarf lol glad I could help!
l0v32bl0v3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l0v32bl0v3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 10:54pm
Hey ladies,
All of you ladies on here are awesome.  I have been going through this thread for weeks now and I appreciate each and everyone of you Big smile  That being said, I will be ordering Roman's Italian Yaki Malaysian "virgin" wefts in 18'' and 20'' in about two weeks.  I'm excited and thinking about getting a 16'' as well.  However, shipping is $30, and I have never paid that much for it.......I guess that's where me being cheap comes in lol LOL
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:35pm
Girl, that $30 shipping is like the understood "k" in knife. We all accept it and painfully pay it LOL So far Roman hasn't missed too many steps and has pleased a lot of ladies on the forum!

Good luck! And be sure to post in this thread b'fo AND aftuh Smile
l0v32bl0v3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l0v32bl0v3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 1:45am
I will defiantly post before and after pics Wink
I will be dyeing the hair jet black so I will have pics for each step in that process as well as what it will like on mah head.
Also, i'm trying my hand again at a u part so hopefully that will turn out wellSmile 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 252>
  Share Topic