Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 250>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

Starflower I think we are 2 of many that have been wondering about that hair! If someone has tried it, they haven't posted it on the internet. I've certainly been looking it up and down.

LoL. Well I will bite the bullet and get it. Probably in the next week or two. I am not really experienced in all the ins and outs of hair quality but I will let you know if I like it or not and post pics in this thread.
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:21am
I think Senghori Shells has hair like that.
ncimfabulous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncimfabulous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:33am

Can one of you ladies PM roman's info because I need some light yaki ASAP as in this week and i've searched and googled and I can not find website/email NOTHING.

Memphisbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Memphisbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:58pm
Ladies, I have read through this entire thread and I am trying to figure out the difference between Kinky Straight and the Italian Yaky?

I have Kinky straight from Kevincn and it looks just like some of the pics posted here of italian yaki.  

Can someone explain difference?
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:49pm
Memphisbaby, IY is supposed to be a more tame KS -- as in it's not as poofy, but still has all the texture. I believe hair origin has to do with it as well. It seriously depends on the vendor and how much texture/volume you're looking for. KevinCN is well known for LY, but not KS.

I'm trying to find the sweet spot between IY and KS . . . kinky yaki, perhaps?

Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

Starflower I think we are 2 of many that have been wondering about that hair! If someone has tried it, they haven't posted it on the internet. I've certainly been looking it up and down.

LoL. Well I will bite the bullet and get it. Probably in the next week or two. I am not really experienced in all the ins and outs of hair quality but I will let you know if I like it or not and post pics in this thread.

^ Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 12:12pm
I got my Italian Yaki FINALLLLLLYYY and its beautiful, but its got such nasty little crimps. I don't wanna have to flat iron it too much, but ugh this is not a hot look
esha wants hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:45pm
Grrrrr
I'm in search of the best blend for my hair. I spend hours going through CV's looking for the perfect KS or IY and I'm still at first base. I'm in the Caribbean so sending hair back to China is impossible (well not impossible but you know). I ordered some lite Yaki for my cousin but she's mixed so that texture is perfect for her. I want to use Aliexpress because the prices are great ( my money is 2.67 to 1us), I can't afford to spend more than $500 my money on hair. 
oh well I'll keep up my search and Ladies keep uploading pictures please.
Ya'll inspire me
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 4:52pm
Anybody do a fringe/bang with their KS??  I'm considering this as my next install.  I may even BKT my KS to take some of the coarseness away (my hair isn't coarse at all) but I will be using a closure anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 1:40pm
This was posted way back in this thread. 
should help with telling the difference btw the textures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 2:27pm
kinky straight or Italian yaki or kinky straight or Italian yaki or kinky straight or Italian yaki or..........
ARGHHHHHHH
Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 250>