Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 249>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsSimplyRaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSimplyRaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by MsSimplyRaye MsSimplyRaye wrote:

Originally posted by Dyani Dyani wrote:

I've been reading this thread but couldn't find it. Has anyone tried AAMH smooth relaxed texture? (I know, not KS) my hair is 3c/4a. It gets really straight but KS is a bit too coarse for me. I want to try a texture that mimics fine pressed natural hair but I don't know what that would be. I'm thinking light yaki but I need a good company.

I've been eyeing that hair too. Roman does a nice light yaki.

We've been exchanging emails....but I'm torn between the light yaki and the course yaki....

I'm thinking if I do the course yaki, I can use my leave out....and if I do the light yaki, i'll need a closure...

I'm concerned the course yaki will not hold a curl....what's a girl to do?!?!?!

The coarse yaki doesnt hold a curl unless you curl then put flexirods in it right away.  And the kinks in the strands do not go away when you flat iron.  My flat ironed hair doesn't have those little kinks but it still blends unless you are really close to my head.  Ill see if I have a photo.

THANKS FOR THE PICS!!!Clap

So....I guess the best bet is to get the lite yaki and get a closure...I've never had a closure so I've been running from it for quite some time now...

Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:36am

Originally posted by Dyani Dyani wrote:

I've been reading this thread but couldn't find it. Has anyone tried AAMH smooth relaxed texture? (I know, not KS) my hair is 3c/4a. It gets really straight but KS is a bit too coarse for me. I want to try a texture that mimics fine pressed natural hair but I don't know what that would be. I'm thinking light yaki but I need a good company.

I've been eyeing that hair too. Roman does a nice light yaki.

We've been exchanging emails....but I'm torn between the light yaki and the course yaki....

I'm thinking if I do the course yaki, I can use my leave out....and if I do the light yaki, i'll need a closure...

I'm concerned the course yaki will not hold a curl....what's a girl to do?!?!?!

The coarse yaki doesnt hold a curl unless you curl then put flexirods in it right away.  And the kinks in the strands do not go away when you flat iron.  My flat ironed hair doesn't have those little kinks but it still blends unless you are really close to my head.  Ill see if I have a photo.

THANKS FOR THE PICS!!!Clap

So....I guess the best bet is to get the lite yaki and get a closure...I've never had a closure so I've been running from it for quite some time now...

Yeah the light yaki is your best bet.  I cant do lace closures so Im waiting on a silk closure in a kinky straight.  Hope it doesnt turn out too wiggy looking lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSimplyRaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:51am

Yeah the light yaki is your best bet.  I cant do lace closures so Im waiting on a silk closure in a kinky straight.  Hope it doesnt turn out too wiggy looking lol.

Why not lace...I thought the preference was lace over silk as the lace looks more natural....

#ignoranttoclosurejargan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:57am

Why not lace...I thought the preference was lace over silk as the lace looks more natural....

#ignoranttoclosurejargan

I cant deal with bleaching knots, adding fabric, grids showing etc.  I sold 2 closures because the I could not bleach the knots right, no matter what I tried.  With the silk closure, I am going to do either a full bang (chinese bang) or a swoop bang so hopefully it wil look natural.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSimplyRaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:03am

#ignoranttoclosurejargan

I cant deal with bleaching knots, adding fabric, grids showing etc.  I sold 2 closures because the I could not bleach the knots right, no matter what I tried.  With the silk closure, I am going to do either a full bang (chinese bang) or a swoop bang so hopefully it wil look natural.
I Loooooooooooooooove a good swoop bang!

Can't wait to see pics!Smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:11am

#ignoranttoclosurejargan

I Loooooooooooooooove a good swoop bang!

Can't wait to see pics!Smile

Me too.  I used to rock a swoop bang all the time when I was relaxed.  I really miss my bangLOL
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:17pm
Has anyone ever tried this hair? Or would you recommend anything similar?

All About My Hair Coarse Relaxed Wefted Remy Hair

Texture description- This texture was made specifically for our natural hair customers who flat iron or press their hair. We have been asked many times for a straight texture hair that does not have any crimps or crinkles,yet still has a coarse surface and have come up with this beautiful texture.

This hair will be available in 1b,and jet black.

approximately 4 oz in each bundle.

spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:21pm
Pretty... I wonder if it gets poofy.
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:51pm
Starflower I think we are 2 of many that have been wondering about that hair! If someone has tried it, they haven't posted it on the internet. I've certainly been looking it up and down.
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

Starflower I think we are 2 of many that have been wondering about that hair! If someone has tried it, they haven't posted it on the internet. I've certainly been looking it up and down.

LoL. Well I will bite the bullet and get it. Probably in the next week or two. I am not really experienced in all the ins and outs of hair quality but I will let you know if I like it or not and post pics in this thread.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 249>