Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 253>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Chinyesoul Chinyesoul wrote:

Installed my kinky straight u-part and closure (sewed down the closure first then the upart. I have no hair left out). Kinda loving it!

Will do a formal 1-month review in a month.

All tips and suggestions are welcome (just be nice pls lol)
This looks good. Very natural.
Sponsored Links

msbettyboop2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbettyboop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 4:18pm
So I ordered my KS hair from HE with a 20% discount and it arrived today. Looks good. I also ordered my closure from a vendor on ali express (thanks to the ladies who pointed me in the right direction with that ). The hair should be here by next week. My camera is unavailable at the moment but as soon as I have access to it on Friday, I'll take pics and post. Now for me to look up advice on fixing closures as this is my first time and need to make sure stylist knows what she's doing.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Ms Blue.....Pretty!!!!!  I love the dark color.  Did you dye the hair?  If so what brand of color did you use.  I want dark hair but I've never worn black.

Thank you missyo67. I dyed the hair black using colorsilk buttercream in black. One box per bundle.   The hair came in a natural # 2 color which is lighter than my natural black color.
Emberly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emberly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 11:41pm
Would really appreciate any help with this...I've tried Roman but the bald spots were bad!!!!

Can anyone recommend a good lace closure vendor to match my EPRT? I know some ppl don't like giving reviews too early but any suggestions would be good.

TIA
cherryblossom1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherryblossom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Chinyesoul Chinyesoul wrote:

Received my Malaysian Kinky Straight last night....going to sew it onto a cap and install this evening!

14in closure, 14 inch, 16 inch wefts

Did you get this hair from Majestic Tresses or a private vendor on aliexpress? as it looks identical to the hair MT sells! Sorry if you've already said.
ms.sherre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.sherre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 8:15am
I want to get some coarse yaki but I'm unsure what lenghts would look good.I kno I want the longest length to be a 22",so should I get 18,20,&22? I don't want it to thick though.TIA

Edited by ms.sherre - Sep 12 2013 at 8:48am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 8:42am
Ms Sherre are you leaving any hair out? If so then 2 bundles. This hair gets super huge so if anything you can get 2 bundles and split the wefts.

ETA: remember to seal the hell outta those wefts.

Edited by sugabanana - Sep 12 2013 at 8:42am
ms.sherre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.sherre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 8:53am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Ms Sherre are you leaving any hair out? If so then 2 bundles. This hair gets super huge so if anything you can get 2 bundles and split the wefts.

ETA: remember to seal the hell outta those wefts.

Yes I am..thanks for your response..I changed the length to 22 inches,so would I still need 2 packs,and should I get two 22 inches or 1 20 and 1 22"..sorry for all the questions I'm new to this texture:)
Chinyesoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinyesoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by cherryblossom1 cherryblossom1 wrote:

Did you get this hair from Majestic Tresses or a private vendor on aliexpress? as it looks identical to the hair MT sells! Sorry if you've already said.

Nah, I purchased this from Roman. Buy at your own risk...his wefts are super sh*tty. My complete review is forthcoming.

Edited by Chinyesoul - Sep 12 2013 at 12:10pm
Tenneh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tenneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 2:28pm
My summer with Cly:)
Specs :14, 16, 18 with 12 inch closure

Subtle color (with developer) 

Vibrant Color (with a box rinse)

Edited by Tenneh - Sep 13 2013 at 8:49am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs