Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 249>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 2:14pm
Gorgeous hair (the weave and your real hair). I also love the crimps that come with the kinky straight textures lol
Sponsored Links

Chinyesoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinyesoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by fredricafekkai fredricafekkai wrote:

@Chinyesoul are the 2 bottom pictures pics with it installed? or your natural hair texture.
also what cap do you use? im going to make a course yaki wig this month but i want to make sure i get a good wig cap & im also doing the closure elastic band method

The bottom two pictures are of my natural hair texture. The 2nd to last picture is a part that i stretched and the last picture is just my hair pulled into a bun. I included it to show the kinky nature of my hair lols. 

I actually just came from the bss and i bought the Deluxe Customized Weaving Cap (this exact one). I have a pretty large head and my actual hair is MBL, so I needed a cap that expands and will fit both the size of my head and hair when it's cornrowed. I already tried it on, and it gives me a pretty good fit! I'm going to make a wig and use the closure with an elastic band so I recommend you try the weaving cap.

chailatte_qt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chailatte_qt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Originally posted by misjaghuar misjaghuar wrote:

Originally posted by chailatte_qt chailatte_qt wrote:

Recently installed kinky curly yaki coarse yaki and I'm in love. I think I purchased this hair on the early end though before the recent complaints, back in February, however just now getting around to installing. It's been a minute I would like to post pics but totally forgot how... Can you upload to this site from a phone?

I have washed mine twice and it is soooo soft and flowy. I am not ready to install tho.

POST YOUR PICS we are waiting

I saw the coarse yaki wanded on IG and I was in love.  Another person from KCY/IG is wearing 24 in and it looks amazing.

Could have been my pic if kinkycurlyyaki posted them... My IG is doihave2tho I love, love, love this hair! So many people think its my natural hair. It's crazy humid in DC right now and often times by days end all my curls are gone so I'm trying to figure out what to use to make them hold longer...other than that it's been amazing!
Ceelopink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceelopink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 5:46am
Have an extra bundle of romans medium yaki that i will not be using. i dont know what to do with it
Chinyesoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinyesoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 5:48pm
Completed wig using KS hair....this is the texture when air dried. 

Now I just need to braid my hair as flat as possible for the closure. Any suggestions??

Ceelopink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceelopink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Chinyesoul Chinyesoul wrote:

Completed wig using KS hair....this is the texture when air dried. 

Now I just need to braid my hair as flat as possible for the closure. Any suggestions??

hair looks really pretty.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:15am
Originally posted by alchyna16 alchyna16 wrote:

Hello ladies,

I'm sure this has been answered before and I read
many pages of this thread. I wanted your opinion on Hair Esthetics remy
KS vs Senghori Shells NR. I have read a few comments about SSNR quality
going down as of late. They are both about the same price right now and
would like to know which one you recommend? I also want to know which
one can hold curls and styles the best and any shedding issues? And which one is easier to blend with 4b/4c hair? I've been natural for over a year now and I want to use minimal heat on my leave out and edges.

I
will try sealing for the first time since the bobraz beast on my head
lost half its volume I have learned that sealing is important.

Thank you so much and sorry for asking again!

SSNR is not silky. And HE is more silky
But I've been hearing that SSNR quality has gone down .
choco_lips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote choco_lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:47am
Alchyna16,

I just ordered SSNR so I will update in a week or 2

I also contacted a member who made a recent purchase. She seems satisfied with the quality. Has some shedding but she split the wefts and didn't
DreamWeaver202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreamWeaver202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:57am
I got a KS lfw from LWT, I was scared to death to order but I loove it! came with no crimps and straightens beautifully doesnt hold much of full curl but it hold the curls "shape" if that makes any sense. I haven't posted pics bc I can only do the faux bleach method bc the knots wouldnt bleach but I will tonight.  Has anyone else tried the KS from LWT?
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 8:44am
I notice with LTW that you have to specify that you want the hair in a natural color other wise the knots won't bleach or lift. They use industrial strength dye to color hair and the knots will never bleach. Always ask for a natural color if you plan on bleaching knots or lifting the hair color.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 249>