Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 249>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
laredbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laredbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Nubenap22 Nubenap22 wrote:

Lol the closure is GHOH the wefts the vendor is no longer in business.

I've had the wefts for 1-2 yrs. some of its split but its all sealed. I know I'm getting it done tomorrow. But I don't know if it will be a full or partial install.
The specs on the closure is 16 inches silk based

That closure!!
What color lace is the closure?
Sponsored Links

Bristal Birita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristal Birita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:05am
Hey where did u order from???????
l0v32bl0v3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote l0v32bl0v3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:53pm
I got my Hair LADIES!!!!!
Pics coming soon, but for now I will give you an initial review.

So I ordered from Roman, the Malaysian Virgin Wefts in 16,18, and 20 inches in Italian Yaki.
I ordered on the 8th after about 2 weeks of emailing back and forth with Roman about lengths and textures.  I just got it today which is the 17th, so it took 9 to 10 days to get to me.

The hair is nice so far, no shedding at all.  Although I think I found a filler but I'm not sure.  I'm going to try that burn test to see.  I hair is a natural brown, about a #2, so I will have to dye it.  It doesn't stink but has this chemical beauty supply store hair smell, like "new" smell. 

Now for the texture.  It has those God forsaken crinkles.  They are not bad and mostly at the top near the wefts ( by the way, the weft constructions looks really good ).  Once you go further down the strand the crinkle becomes less pronounced.  The hair is very thick and as you look through the hair some parts have crinkles and some don't.

The hair I once again very thick.  The 20in or course is not but that 16in is FULL.  The ends on all the hair look alright, I can see I might have to trim about an inch or less.  I straightened a few pieces and I took a minute to get those crinkles out.  I put a piece in some water and swished it as well as finger combed it in the water to see if it would bleed or rat up when wet.  All turned out good, a little snagging but nothing bad, and no bleeding.  I curled another piece and the curl was beautiful BUT it didn't long. I finger combed it and played with it to see how it would react.  It falls pretty but it falls super fast and the curl was gone within 45 mins.

Now I have not washed it or anything.  I wanted to see if anything was on the hair which is why I flat ironed pieces and curled to see if I would get crazy smoke or burning.  Nothing bad happened so I am hopeful.  I am still going to do a burn test though.

So, within the next couple days to a week I will shampoo it with a clarifying shampoo, deep condition it, seal the wefts, dye it Jet Black, and sew it onto a u-part.  Wish me luck and once again I WILL HAVE PICS!!

*Quick Question*
Should I wash it first or dye it first? And which dye should I use? Any suggestions?

THANKS!! <3
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 8:23pm
^ Dye it, since you end up washing/conditioning afterwards anyway. At least that's what I do. Then I seal it afterwards. Can't wait to see pics!

I'm 3.4 minutes away from ordering some hurr. Like, emailing is in the works at this very moment Stern Smile
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

^ Dye it, since you end up washing/conditioning afterwards anyway. At least that's what I do. Then I seal it afterwards. Can't wait to see pics!

I'm 3.4 minutes away from ordering some hurr. Like, emailing is in the works at this very moment Stern Smile

I agree.  Dye then wash and seal.Embarrassed
Cocoabangbang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoabangbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:39pm
Does anyone have the contact info to Roman so i can order. I cant seem to find it any where on here. Thanks
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Cocoabangbang Cocoabangbang wrote:

Does anyone have the contact info to Roman so i can order. I cant seem to find it any where on here. Thanks
*SUCCMIDRY* View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SUCCMIDRY* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:21pm
kinky straight in 16",18",22" bundles i installed

I'm selling it now
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/upart-3-bundles-malay-kinky-straight_topic352537.html

I love this texture btw. It holds a curl well and blends without heat Big smile

Edited by *SUCCMIDRY* - Dec 27 2012 at 4:22pm
thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 1:41am
Originally posted by l0v32bl0v3d l0v32bl0v3d wrote:

I got my Hair LADIES!!!!!
Pics coming soon, but for now I will give you an initial review.

So I ordered from Roman, the Malaysian Virgin Wefts in 16,18, and 20 inches in Italian Yaki.
I ordered on the 8th after about 2 weeks of emailing back and forth with Roman about lengths and textures.  I just got it today which is the 17th, so it took 9 to 10 days to get to me.

The hair is nice so far, no shedding at all.  Although I think I found a filler but I'm not sure.  I'm going to try that burn test to see.  I hair is a natural brown, about a #2, so I will have to dye it.  It doesn't stink but has this chemical beauty supply store hair smell, like "new" smell. 

Now for the texture.  It has those God forsaken crinkles.  They are not bad and mostly at the top near the wefts ( by the way, the weft constructions looks really good ).  Once you go further down the strand the crinkle becomes less pronounced.  The hair is very thick and as you look through the hair some parts have crinkles and some don't.

The hair I once again very thick.  The 20in or course is not but that 16in is FULL.  The ends on all the hair look alright, I can see I might have to trim about an inch or less.  I straightened a few pieces and I took a minute to get those crinkles out.  I put a piece in some water and swished it as well as finger combed it in the water to see if it would bleed or rat up when wet.  All turned out good, a little snagging but nothing bad, and no bleeding.  I curled another piece and the curl was beautiful BUT it didn't long. I finger combed it and played with it to see how it would react.  It falls pretty but it falls super fast and the curl was gone within 45 mins.

Now I have not washed it or anything.  I wanted to see if anything was on the hair which is why I flat ironed pieces and curled to see if I would get crazy smoke or burning.  Nothing bad happened so I am hopeful.  I am still going to do a burn test though.

So, within the next couple days to a week I will shampoo it with a clarifying shampoo, deep condition it, seal the wefts, dye it Jet Black, and sew it onto a u-part.  Wish me luck and once again I WILL HAVE PICS!!

*Quick Question*
Should I wash it first or dye it first? And which dye should I use? Any suggestions?

THANKS!! <3

Post pictures. Pretty please?? LOL I really want to see what this texture looks like flat ironed.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:51am
I relaxed my KS wefts and closure. Install to come by early next week. Tongue Hopefully, it will be post worthy. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 249>