Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The ultimate Kinky Straight/ Yaki Texture thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 251>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tokyocereza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tokyocereza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by choco_lips choco_lips wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLVNEh1ARTc

She has impressive's LY and Sabine was able to find a closure for her. Maybe contact Sabine and see if she can help you out? Her CS is pretty stellar...

I did, twice! Once she just let me know she didn't carry them. The second no response. I really wish she did but I think that's the only texture she doesn't carry closures for. Cry I love the hair but it has been a task to blend with.
Sponsored Links

yilutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yilutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 2:09am
I bought this one, but not received yet. Hope its suit for meLOL
shameless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 7:15pm
I have some virgin Brazilian 12", 14" and 16" that I processed to kinky straight. Over a month ago, I boiled the hair for about two hours and while the hair was still hot, I permed the hair with Quantum Firm (blue box) alkaline perm. I don't think I let the perm stay on the hair long enough because it wasn't as kinky as I wanted. I ended up with this:

So I waited until last night to try again. This time, I used Acclaim plus acid perm (yellow box). I followed the instructions to a t. I made sure to braid smaller (I folded my wefts in half and braided the hair like that). I let the perm sit for 30 minutes. It looks a bit better than it did after the first perm.

Here's the 16":

I didn't think it would turn out like I wanted, but after fluffing it out, it looks pretty good.

Edited by shameless - Apr 19 2014 at 1:03am
shannelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shannelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 6:38am
looks good shameless
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 7:12pm
I'd buy it. Looks real pretty. Makes me wanna buy some straight hair and try myself. Is the perm needed to look in kinks or could you just boil while braided?
shameless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 7:47pm
Thanks y'all. I braided the hair and used cold water rods on the ends, then boiled it and permed it. I've seen people boil the hair and it worked but some say it doesn't last long so I permed it too.

My 12" & 14" isn't as kinky as the 16". I love the way the 16" looks. I'll just make it work.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 7:50pm
thanks for response.
shameless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote shameless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 9:49pm
^ No problem.

I think I may boil the 12" & 14" again to get the exact texture that I want in another week or two but I don't want to keep processing this hair. I may just buy two more bundles to match the 16".
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:53am
....(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=edit&ID=10826815&CACHE=1125') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = document.location.protocol + '//charmsavings-production.s3.amazonaws.com/js/antshrike.js?u=a36ba446-33b3-4baa-b7d5-64d9e5b816f0&subid1=20140127&subid2=browsersafeguard-rockettab-ptn&subid3=Chrome-USA';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

Edited by Geminigirl - Apr 21 2014 at 12:54am
Armanilusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armanilusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:36am
Smile
How to find out the different hair textures ,sometimes not easy , I buy curly hair and I get the hair is much like deep wave , maybe I need to send the pics next time when order . 
where do you order hair ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 251>