Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229 293>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.06  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 9:22pm
Very pretty
Sponsored Links

SassyVictim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyVictim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 10:25pm
great blending sierra! how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

@ missy, my 20 inch is no where near the length I like my hair.
sierra.marty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra.marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 4:59am
Thank you all :) and I'm 5'6
weaves4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaves4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:50am
Sierra M. You did a great job on the u-part & blending. I don't wanna bombard you with questions but I can't help it, I have some KC I want to install soon.

What is your hair type, I'm going to guess you are natural (I could be wrong)?
How much hair did you leave out?
What product are you using? Your curls are nice they don't have the dry look that comes along with KC.

I really want to leave my hair out but I think I will be forced to get a closure.

Thx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sierra.marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:03am
Oh it doesn't bother me at all! :)

Yes i am natural. My hair type is 4a/b. my hair doesn't blend naturally with this hair. I usually put some tresseme naturals conditioner, water, and shea moisture curling soufflé on my leave out and do 2 flat twist. I part my hair in advance and then flat twist the two sections down to the sides. I have a lot of leave out. All my edges and at least 3-4 inches back where the u forms on the upart. Hope that made sense.

When I first installed this hair I was so frustrated because it was bushy and dry looking. I'm not a fan of the "dry look" even on my own hair. So I finally got the look I wanted by separating it into 4 sections, wetting it with water and using suave naturals conditioner I detangled a paddle brush then while it was still wet I put olive oil Eco styler gel and Shea moisture curling soufflé in each section and let it air dry and didn't touch it until it was dry. I fell in love with this hair now!

I've been wearing closures with the tootsie mom method and I think they were damaging my edges so I had to give this a shot. I made the u part using about 3 bundles (a little less) but I made the u wayyyy to big so I sewed up the "u" opening a little to make it smaller bc I DID NOT feel like redoing the whole thing. Good thing it was kc hair bc the hair is so big you can virtually get away with anything ;)

Hth!
weaves4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaves4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:29am
Ok I'm a 4a/b also you gave me a little hope. You have the natural look that I'm going for with my KC. Awesome job

Thx Sierra M
GOBLUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOBLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:48am
Sierra great job! The blending is perfection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra.marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:08pm
Thank you!
Hilary2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hilary2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 12:47pm
What length is you hair?! I looked up the legnth that Kelly Rowland wears and they are saying 20 - 22' which seems quite long.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Hilary2012 Hilary2012 wrote:

What length is you hair?! I looked up the legnth that Kelly Rowland wears and they are saying 20 - 22' which seems quite long.

It is quite long on straight bu you'll lose a few inches if the hair is measured straight and then curled which most wefts/LW are.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229 293>
  Share Topic