Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 289>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

Has anyone ever bleached and dyed KC hair from Kinky Curly Yaki or Kurls 2 Kinks. I want an unnatural color so it's going to have to be bleached rather light. I don't want to destroy the curls or the hair, but I really want colored hair, but in a natural texture and curl pattern.
I've bleached kinky curly from Allaboutmyhair.com.   I believe it was malaysian.  I had no issues after bleaching.  The curls were not altered at all.  Test on a small section of hair first if you are unsure.

Okay thanks! (I was also thinking about using aamh)
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 7:23am

Has anyone ever bleached and dyed KC hair from Kinky Curly Yaki or Kurls 2 Kinks. I want an unnatural color so it's going to have to be bleached rather light. I don't want to destroy the curls or the hair, but I really want colored hair, but in a natural texture and curl pattern.
I've bleached kinky curly from Allaboutmyhair.com.   I believe it was malaysian.  I had no issues after bleaching.  The curls were not altered at all.  Test on a small section of hair first if you are unsure.

Check for some recent reviews.  I ordered some last year and the bundle I wore near the nape tangled horribly.  Nothing could revive it.  I ended up having to throw that bundle out after a month.  Which is strange because the top bundle that was bleached didn't act up at all.
Melaza44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melaza44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:18pm
Be blessed..

Edited by Melaza44 - Oct 01 2013 at 9:39pm
Melaza44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melaza44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:29pm
Be blessed..

Edited by Melaza44 - Oct 01 2013 at 9:40pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 6:04pm
Melaza44 will you get the efff up outta this board. You are advertising and its against forum rules. GTFO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 9:54pm

Check for some recent reviews.  I ordered some last year and the bundle I wore near the nape tangled horribly.  Nothing could revive it.  I ended up having to throw that bundle out after a month.  Which is strange because the top bundle that was bleached didn't act up at all.

Yeah, that's why I didn't include it in my original post. I said kcy and k2k because they're the only recent ones I've seen. All the aamh I've been seeing is years old reviews. I think I'm going to order from k2k from their clearance.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 10:06pm
My sister just got a bundle of K2K this week. It's def darker than the HC that she usually installs. She needs to lighten it from  1B to a 4. I've easily and successfully lightened my Wags NC with straight peroxide with absolutely no issues. She tried to lighten a test strand with straight peroxide and it didn't lighten.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

My sister just got a bundle of K2K this week. It's def darker than the HC that she usually installs. She needs to lighten it from  1B to a 4. I've easily and successfully lightened my Wags NC with straight peroxide with absolutely no issues. She tried to lighten a test strand with straight peroxide and it didn't lighten.

Really? It could be because it needs longer processing time or a lighter kit... but Idk, I don't know much about using peroxide to lighten things... I've only ever used bleach since I only like unnatural colors (blues, purples, etc.). 

Hopefully it will take w/ bleach. I haven't ordered from K2K yet, though, because they seem to be dead. I see no activity on their twitter or instagram and I've emailed them, but first I used their little form, and still no response. I'm just very nervous to order from them, even though I need this hair asap. When did your sister place and order and what was the day it arrived?

I need my hair before Oct. 18th for an event...

ETA:They finally got back to me (She's really nice! I guess I was just somewhat paranoid) & I ended up purchasing from them. I really hope the hair lasts! I will probably be using them as clip in hair extensions.

Edited by lalaLeslie - Oct 04 2013 at 11:15am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 6:25pm
I received the hair today. She gave me two day shipping for free which was really nice of her. The hair in the Afro Kinky which is in the clearance.

My pictures came out horrible... I don't know how you guys get such good pictures of hair...
Anyway, here's a few. I can't wait to bleach/color it and install it.

W/O Flash:

W/ Flash:

I flipped it upside down, the ends are puffy:

(Omg don't mind my bed!)

The wefts look pretty good to me:
(didn't notice any beards)

The hair was soft, but to me felt a bit unnatural, but that's probably because of the process to get it to this point.

It also had a different smell. It wasn't unpleasant and it didn't smell like BSS or Aliexpress hair. It wasn't strong either. But she also washes the hair so it could be the shampoo she uses. 

It also seemed true to length. I did not take the tie off to measure it properly because I wouldn't have been able to put it back as tightly and I needed it to fit back into that tiny box it came it. 

W/ the band on it measured 14 inches and the hair is supposed to be 16 so I believe w/ the band of it would be able to measure exactly 16. 

Overall the hair doesn't seem overly processed for the pattern, so I'm hoping that bleaching it won't mess it up.

Sorry, this is such a horrible initial review... I've never reviewed hair before.

Edited by lalaLeslie - Oct 07 2013 at 6:26pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

She probably needs bleaching powder.  I've had no issues using BW bleaching powder mixed with 30 volume developer.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 289>
  Share Topic