Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 289>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lalaLeslie View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 20 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1152
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by sierra.marty sierra.marty wrote:

^^ that is so helpful! I found that kc weave is more maintenance than my own hair too but blending makes it worth the while. One thing I am realizing is having kc on a upart seems like more tugging on just one perimeter braid when I detangle vs getting a sew in and having the pulling distributed thought all of my hair when detangling. Does that make sense? My upart kc wig is just killing my perimeter braid with the detangling

Oh no, maybe I shouldn't make a upart? but its so much cheaper
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
cocopuffs View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Nov 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 1742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

Does ONYC have good quality Kinky Curly hair? Also can I get away w/ 2 bundles of it for a U-Part?

I'm asking this because although, I've heard good things about it, I noticed that the price is cheaper. People on youtube videos have said they paided 100 for 1 bundle of 12 inch but now a 14 inch is 60 dollars!!! (Hopefully it still is when I get paid in 2 weeks!) 

I feel like maybe the quality has gone down... why else would they make it so much cheaper?

I was originally trying to find some KC on aliexpress that might last me a short while, and then I thought I'll just get some synthetic or human hair from the BSS if I can find any that resembles KC there for a u-part that might last at most, 2 months. 

But then I looked on ONYC and saw how cheap the hair was and thought, I'd rather by ONYC for 120 than buy 2 bundles on aliexpress that may come out to 100 before shipping and 130 afterwards... the ONYC is a better deal.


Hi, you are looking at the I tip prices for fusion. The machine wefts remain higher priced.
Back to Top
natural essence View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 05 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1769
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:30am
LaLeslie,
 
I can't really comment on whether the quality has gone down or not regarding the ONYC as my bundles were purchased quite some time ago.  I have an array of KC hair in my stash: ONYC, RHO, AAMH and to be honest with you I find they all react the same way...the commonality with kc is that you hav eto expect shedding..no if's ands or buts about it...that hair is going to shed!
 
In terms of shedding I find that the ONYC and the AAMH sheds more than my RHO but that has been my experience.
 
The key is maintaining and upkeeping the hair...you MUST moisturize and condition the hair.....
 
You may want to look at the size of the curls in the companies you are interested in and then make your decision..I find the curls on my RHO are more pen size while the curls on the ONYC and AAMH are bigger.
 
HTH
Back to Top
lalaLeslie View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 20 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1152
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by cocopuffs cocopuffs wrote:

Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

Does ONYC have good quality Kinky Curly hair? Also can I get away w/ 2 bundles of it for a U-Part?

I'm asking this because although, I've heard good things about it, I noticed that the price is cheaper. People on youtube videos have said they paided 100 for 1 bundle of 12 inch but now a 14 inch is 60 dollars!!! (Hopefully it still is when I get paid in 2 weeks!) 

I feel like maybe the quality has gone down... why else would they make it so much cheaper?

I was originally trying to find some KC on aliexpress that might last me a short while, and then I thought I'll just get some synthetic or human hair from the BSS if I can find any that resembles KC there for a u-part that might last at most, 2 months. 

But then I looked on ONYC and saw how cheap the hair was and thought, I'd rather by ONYC for 120 than buy 2 bundles on aliexpress that may come out to 100 before shipping and 130 afterwards... the ONYC is a better deal.


Hi, you are looking at the I tip prices for fusion. The machine wefts remain higher priced.

Oh really wow...haha, thanks!
Back to Top
lalaLeslie View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 20 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1152
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:59am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

LaLeslie,
 
I can't really comment on whether the quality has gone down or not regarding the ONYC as my bundles were purchased quite some time ago.  I have an array of KC hair in my stash: ONYC, RHO, AAMH and to be honest with you I find they all react the same way...the commonality with kc is that you hav eto expect shedding..no if's ands or buts about it...that hair is going to shed!
 
In terms of shedding I find that the ONYC and the AAMH sheds more than my RHO but that has been my experience.
 
The key is maintaining and upkeeping the hair...you MUST moisturize and condition the hair.....
 
You may want to look at the size of the curls in the companies you are interested in and then make your decision..I find the curls on my RHO are more pen size while the curls on the ONYC and AAMH are bigger.
 
HTH

Okay thank you. Maybe when I get a full time job, I will buy that hair 'cause I definitely can't afford it atm.
Back to Top
natural essence View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 05 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1769
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:16am
LOL!!
 
In the meantime there are tons of different vendors that you could order kc from and get similiar results.
Back to Top
natural essence View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 05 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1769
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:18am

I wanted to also mention that I am now tempted to rock my kinky curly hair however, it is darn freezing where I am...

Are any of you ladies rocking kc in freezing cold climates and if so, how are you managing with the upkeep of having to wet and mositurize the hair with the cold elements??
 
 
Back to Top
AmandaKay View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 09 2007
Location: Louisiana
Status: Online
Points: 2849
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

I wanted to also mention that I am now tempted to rock my kinky curly hair however, it is darn freezing where I am...

Are any of you ladies rocking kc in freezing cold climates and if so, how are you managing with the upkeep of having to wet and mositurize the hair with the cold elements??
 
 

Twistouts and finger coils. I never wet my KC daily. I love in Louisiana. So it's not freezing cold here majority of the time, but when it is cold...I still don't wet my hair. Wash and go styles will require more moisture to retain that "fresh look". So that might not be the proper style for cold elements. If you do twistouts, braid outs, and even finger coils, you will have defined curls without the need to rewet on a daily bases. And rewetting in the morning with these styles are not a requirement. 
Back to Top
Bayareadream20 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 07 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 62
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayareadream20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 12:46am
My kinky curly hair sheds like a beast. It's very very cute, but the upkeep isn't really worth the hassle to me. I'll keep this hair in for ather two weeks then toss it or make it a half wig. I even sealed the wefts =\ oh well
Back to Top
natural essence View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 05 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1769
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:33pm
AK,
 
 
You are lucky being in Louisiana.  I am in Canada and right now we are dealing with temperatures in the minus area along with snow...I can't wait for spring.
 
I have tried twistouts on the kc hair but not finger coils...I will have to try.  I find that I have to at least mist the hair prior to twising it to gain some definition...I have a upart that I am going to pull out an dplay with to see as I am so tempted to rock some kinky goodness!!
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 289>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down