Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 289>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Lightangel Lightangel wrote:

This is my contribution Smile

Just had RHO afro kinky curly installed.  I know this hair is not the first option for most of you, due to high shipping cost, but I’m UK based, shipping is not an issue.

Service costumer was five stars, placed the order on 27/12/2012, received the hair on 31/12/2012.

Order was for 2x20”, 2x18” and 1x16”. Before shipment, received a call asking if it was ok to replace the 20” for 22” and in addition they sent me two extra pieces one 22” and one 16”. Could not be happier Smile

Details and pictures are below. Enjoy.

SPECS:
Hair: RHO Afro Kinky Curly

Inches: 22, 18 and 16

Ounces: 6 pieces were used (3x22”, 2x18” and 1x16”), have 1x16” piece left, it was enough hair for me with 6 pieces installed

My hair: Natural 4a/4b APL (stretched)

Weft treatment before install:

1.Color: Natural color was similar to No2, I dyed the hair jet black with Bigen

2. Washed and deep condition

3. Combed with wide tooth comb, followed by denman brush, rinsed conditioner and hair dried, minimal shedding, no tangling/matting during the process, the brush glided through

4. Sealed the wefts

Install technique:

1. Circular cornrows, with hairline left out and middle parting horseshoe leave out

Hair as received

Blending

OMG!!  I love this!  Now, I miss my RHO Cry
I guess I will have to contemplate installing this over the summer.LOL

Sponsored Links

AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 9:00pm
I haven't contributed lately. But here's a preview of my new hair!

It's from KinkyCurlyYaki (KCY) www.kinkycurlyyaki.com It's the Afro Kinky Curl.

There are two 24 inch bundles (3.5 ounces each) and one 20 inch bundle (3.5 ounces)

[img]

Edited by AmandaKay - Jan 10 2013 at 2:54am
fredricafekkai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredricafekkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:51pm
that is gonna be a LOT of hair girl!
I def wanna see install pics!!
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:15am
YES AK! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

You KNOW we cain't wait to see it installed! Why would you do this to us?! Cry
sucre265 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucre265 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:51am
WOW!!! That hair made me speechless!
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:32am
Kiwi I've been gone too long! I've had about three installs that I haven't posted, but this PICS is gonna be good! I wanted BSL AKC and I got it! No going back! But I'll give more pre PICS pics!
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:50am

Edited by AmandaKay - Jan 10 2013 at 2:53am
fredricafekkai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredricafekkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

YES AK! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

You KNOW we cain't wait to see it installed! Why would you do this to us?! Cry

THIS!
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:21pm
BEAUTiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 12:06pm

I’m wearing this RHO hair for two weeks, I don’t think two weeks are long enough to give a proper review on the hair, I’ll do it 4-6weeks after install.

I just want to leave some recommendations for those considering buying this hair, It’s easy to look at install pictures and think “I want that!”, it happened to me several times Smile

1) A lot of people think that kinky curly weaves are carefree but they're not. You still have to put in some work. They can give you a break from dealing with your own hair but there's still some maintenance involved.

2) I’ve been wearing weaves since 2005, always straight or kinky straight because my hair was relaxed. After transitioning for 2 years I started using kinky curly weaves. I've found that with kinky curly/afro kinky curly hair sometimes it's more work than straight weaves. I usually spend more time detangling the weave than I do my own hair. After 2 or 3 months using the weave it ends up in a bun or ponytail because I don't feel like being bothered.

3) Be prepared to detangle like you would your own natural hair. It may actually be worse since the weave is going to be longer than your own hair. If the hair sheds, it will make the tangling worse because the shed hair will get caught in the bulk of the hair and cause tangles. I do it every night after re-wetting with water/conditioner spritz.

4) Be prepared to cowash or rewet the hair on a regular basis because it will get flat when you sleep on it. You'll need to refresh the curl some type of way. You could also do braid or twist outs to cut down on the need for this.

5) Be prepared to keep the hair moisturised. Depending on the type of hair you buy, it may get dry. Keep it wrapped up at night so your pillowcase doesn't zap it dry. You may have to DC the weave hair on a regular basis to keep it soft. I DC on a weekly basis, on wash day.

6) The wefts are hand tied, not a problem for me, I usually split my weft anyway, but I think this may be an issue for some people.

7) Shipping cost to the US is around $80 (depending on currency rates), again I’m UK based, that’s not an issue. For US ladies out there, you may find similar or even better hair from US based suppliers.

8) My weave regimen is exactly the same I use for my real hair, products are different (Keracare is too expensive to use on the weave).

9) If time to take care of the weave is an issue for you, consider the option of using the hair in a wig/U part wig.

With curly weaves, I find that I can get out of the house quicker, because blending is so easy but there’s some maintenance involved.  

I’m not trying to put people off from buying the RHO hair, as I said, I’m very happy with the hair (so far), I just want those interested to made an informed decision.

(Apologies for the long post, it started as something short with 6 bullet points Embarrassed)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 289>
  Share Topic