Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 294>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.06  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 12:58pm
Thinking about ordering again from Kinkycurlyyaki.com I had such a good experience with them the first time around and my hair lasted a year. 

Are people still getting crappy hair from them, lately? 
Sponsored Links

Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 11:31am
moved to next page

Edited by Daymarme - Aug 04 2014 at 11:39am
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 11:32am
give me a second the pics are giving me problems coming up
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 11:39am
I finally took the plunge and tried some Kinky Curly hair from AliExpress.
14 and 16 inches (Used about 1 and 3/4 bundles) I did a full sew in.
I like big and funky hair but I just need to learn how to style it and keep it tamed and polished at the same time so it doesn't look wiggy, and I have a few strays at the end that I still need to trim. And I cant wait to try a twist out with this hair! I don't know if I'm supposed to brush it out first or twist as is?  Is it weird that I'm scared to even touch the hair, lollll, like I'm scared I'll mess it up or something. smh.

I will be back with a more thorough review and info; You all have been so helpful with sharing information and tips, so thank you for that.  

CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

I finally took the plunge and tried some Kinky Curly hair from AliExpress.
14 and 16 inches (Used about 1 and 3/4 bundles) I did a full sew in.
I like big and funky hair but I just need to learn how to style it and keep it tamed and polished at the same time so it doesn't look wiggy, and I have a few strays at the end that I still need to trim. And I cant wait to try a twist out with this hair! I don't know if I'm supposed to brush it out first or twist as is?  Is it weird that I'm scared to even touch the hair, lollll, like I'm scared I'll mess it up or something. smh.

I will be back with a more thorough review and info; You all have been so helpful with sharing information and tips, so thank you for that.  

It's good to have a Denman brush on hand when rocking kinky curly. I didn't have a Denman when I had my last kc install, but I had a Conair version that worked just as good. This will help in defining and taming the curls. Also, any pH balanced product will tame frizz and define the curls. A favorite of mine is Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Sometimes I just used water, aloe vera juice, and glycerin in a spray bottle, and that would tame and define the hair; aloe vera juice balances the hair's pH. 

I only did a twist out on my kc once because I loved the curl pattern so much, but I twisted it wet like I would my real hair. I twisted my leave out with the weave, and I didn't brush it out. This seems like it'd be a matter of preference. Love the curl pattern of your kc--rock it! Smile
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:14pm
Thank you CallMeLala!!!! Great, i'll try those tips. I have the Shea Moisture smoothie too. I never would have thought about using the denman brush. Good to know and thank you again. 
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:20pm
Very cute!! You should smooth the hair out before twisting, Either do it dry with a little product or try it on wet hair with product. 
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by jeli20 jeli20 wrote:

Very cute!! You should smooth the hair out before twisting, Either do it dry with a little product or try it on wet hair with product. 

Thanks Jeli20...okay I'll do maybe 8 to 10 sections and try that. Do I smooth it out with the Denman brush?
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:46pm
comb, denman, or fingers!Wink
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 2:36pm
^^Okay cool! Thanks :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 294>