Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 293>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.06  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:50am

Edited by AmandaKay - Jan 10 2013 at 2:53am
Sponsored Links

fredricafekkai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredricafekkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

YES AK! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

You KNOW we cain't wait to see it installed! Why would you do this to us?! Cry

THIS!
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:21pm
BEAUTiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 12:06pm

I’m wearing this RHO hair for two weeks, I don’t think two weeks are long enough to give a proper review on the hair, I’ll do it 4-6weeks after install.

I just want to leave some recommendations for those considering buying this hair, It’s easy to look at install pictures and think “I want that!”, it happened to me several times Smile

1) A lot of people think that kinky curly weaves are carefree but they're not. You still have to put in some work. They can give you a break from dealing with your own hair but there's still some maintenance involved.

2) I’ve been wearing weaves since 2005, always straight or kinky straight because my hair was relaxed. After transitioning for 2 years I started using kinky curly weaves. I've found that with kinky curly/afro kinky curly hair sometimes it's more work than straight weaves. I usually spend more time detangling the weave than I do my own hair. After 2 or 3 months using the weave it ends up in a bun or ponytail because I don't feel like being bothered.

3) Be prepared to detangle like you would your own natural hair. It may actually be worse since the weave is going to be longer than your own hair. If the hair sheds, it will make the tangling worse because the shed hair will get caught in the bulk of the hair and cause tangles. I do it every night after re-wetting with water/conditioner spritz.

4) Be prepared to cowash or rewet the hair on a regular basis because it will get flat when you sleep on it. You'll need to refresh the curl some type of way. You could also do braid or twist outs to cut down on the need for this.

5) Be prepared to keep the hair moisturised. Depending on the type of hair you buy, it may get dry. Keep it wrapped up at night so your pillowcase doesn't zap it dry. You may have to DC the weave hair on a regular basis to keep it soft. I DC on a weekly basis, on wash day.

6) The wefts are hand tied, not a problem for me, I usually split my weft anyway, but I think this may be an issue for some people.

7) Shipping cost to the US is around $80 (depending on currency rates), again I’m UK based, that’s not an issue. For US ladies out there, you may find similar or even better hair from US based suppliers.

8) My weave regimen is exactly the same I use for my real hair, products are different (Keracare is too expensive to use on the weave).

9) If time to take care of the weave is an issue for you, consider the option of using the hair in a wig/U part wig.

With curly weaves, I find that I can get out of the house quicker, because blending is so easy but there’s some maintenance involved.  

I’m not trying to put people off from buying the RHO hair, as I said, I’m very happy with the hair (so far), I just want those interested to made an informed decision.

(Apologies for the long post, it started as something short with 6 bullet points Embarrassed)

sierra.marty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra.marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 5:57pm
^^ that is so helpful! I found that kc weave is more maintenance than my own hair too but blending makes it worth the while. One thing I am realizing is having kc on a upart seems like more tugging on just one perimeter braid when I detangle vs getting a sew in and having the pulling distributed thought all of my hair when detangling. Does that make sense? My upart kc wig is just killing my perimeter braid with the detangling
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:02pm
ladies,i just use some mixed silk element on some afo kinky curly that am trying to sell and it made the hair so soft but i read online that they are not selling it no more because the company had problem with mixed chicks.....do you have any dupe to recommend me??
Bayareadream20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayareadream20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:05pm
Ok here's my first attempt at posting a pictures here. This is my new install of Kinky Curly hair, Ive been stalking all Kinky Curly threads and Youtube videos for the longest. At first I thought I'd go with Onyc then decided kinkycurlyyaki then ultimately decided to go with allaboutmyhair. The hair I think is gorgeous, I sealed it with mods, washed and conditioned before install and waa-laa. Ive spritzed in the morning and by noon it's massive, so I'll look up other ways to tame it. 
Bayareadream20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayareadream20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:08pm
Here's a couple more pictures...

p
ctures.
babycakebabe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:13pm
^^^GORGEOUS!Star
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:20pm
^That's less coarse and has more defined curls than any other AAMH install I've ever seen. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 293>
  Share Topic