FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Ultimate Fighter..Whose Watching?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

ewww that looks gross. does it ever get back to normal? 
nope they have collie flower ear. At least that's what I call it.
Sponsored Links

Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 6:54pm
^oh no. I thought they're ears healed after awhile.
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:05pm
My response to the title question:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!! NO!!!!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:07pm
^i was wondering when you were going post in here.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:09pm
Shocked it's really called cauliflower ear!!

Everything you need to know about cauliflower ears

cauliflower ear

Common amongst MMA fighters and wrestlers, a cauliflower ear (or auricular haematoma) occurs when there is bleeding between the skin and the cartilage of the outer ear. The cartilage becomes separated from its blood supply, and if it is not treated will eventually die. Scar tissue is formed, which causes the well known deformity.

How does it happen?

It is usually the result of friction or blunt trauma to the ear. This can happen with a strike that hits the ear, or from impact during grappling. Wrestlers are particularly vulnerable because of the frequent contact between head and opponent.

What does it feel like?

Cauliflower ears can be very painful in the early stages. They usually feel hot and swollen, and sore and squishy to touch. If untreated, this pain will reduce over the course of a few weeks, the lump will become hardened as the fluid is replaced by scar tissue.

How can I prevent it from happening to me? 

Ear guards are a very reliable way of preventing cauliflower ear, except that few of us wear them consistently enough! Most fighters will use them only when the ear starts getting sore, or after a recent cauliflower ear. This is usually too late to prevent the damage, but does reduce pain in training.

My ear has swollen up, what do I do now? 

If caught early enough, it’s possible to prevent a cauliflower ear from turning into a permanent deformity. Treatment consists of draining the fluid from the lump on the ear with a hypodermic needle and syringe. After draining the ear, it’s important to compress the area for 24-48 hours to prevent it from refilling with blood. There are various methods for doing this; a common and effective way is to pack cotton wool on both sides of the ear, and bandage it to the side of the head.

This should all be carried out by a doctor, nurse or other qualified health care provider.

Some fighters prefer to drain their own cauliflower ears. We wouldn’t recommend this. The main risk involved is infection – it is very important to ensure that the skin of the ear, the needle, and all the materials being used are all adequately disinfected.

When can I go back to training?

Some fighters will carry on training quite happily with a cauliflower ear. Ear guards can reduce the pain, and the likely worst case is that you end up with a grossly deformed ear.

If you prefer to keep your good looks intact and get the ear drained, then it is best to take a week to ten days off training afterwards while the ear heals – otherwise you’re likely to find yourself right back where you started.

What long term problems is it likely to cause?

Old cauliflower ears are rarely painful, and some mixed martial artists even welcome them as a “badge of honour”. However, aside from putting an end to your modelling career and restricting your choice of earphones, cauliflower ears can also affect your hearing so it is better to get them treated early.

What will my ear end up looking like?

Cauliflower ears vary greatly depending on how you treat them. Here’s a selection that we’ve collected, at various stages!

cauliflower ear montage

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:10pm
why mixer? I know this isn't the hardcore..but it's interesting...to me anyways.LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:11pm
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

why mixer? I know this isn't the hardcore..but it's interesting...to me anyways.LOL
If you want your bad reality TV fix, then you'll stay happy. But the guys on the show are for the most part bottom feeders that were brought in for drama BS (they love mohawk loudmouths). I'd rather just watch fights like this:

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:33pm
Okay thanks Mixer....
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:42pm
No problemo, ma'am.

And for y'all who don't know, Kimbo is knocking out undersized cans in boxing these days. He hasn't been in MMA for years.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic