Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Ultimate Closure and Frontal Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>

Bootiful Cream

Author
custurd122000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote custurd122000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ultimate Closure and Frontal Thread
    Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 1:03pm
I know I'm not very high in rank on bhm but I've noticed that a lot of women(including myself) have alot of questions about closures and frontals...So I thought it would be a good idea if everyone just came here to ask questions or answer...Also, you can say one thing you've learned about closures and frontals since starting bhm
I'll start...

Who has the best closures other than ep?
What is better? A closure or a frontal?
What is the difference between silk closures and lace closures?

Edited by custurd122000 - Aug 10 2009 at 3:37pm
Sponsored Links

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 1:22pm
tward8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tward8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 3:03pm
if anyone has used an EP closure style 1 closure, how did you like it? I ordered one today and I want to be sure it still looks natural even though it can't be parted all over
dutchess24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchess24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 3:07pm
How do you "seal" a closure to stop shedding? Is that only for lace or silk as well? What should one use? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote custurd122000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 3:59pm
bump
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by dutchess24 dutchess24 wrote:

How do you "seal" a closure to stop shedding? Is that only for lace or silk as well? What should one use? 

A lot of GREAT information on closures and frontals can be found "UPSTAIRS" in the LF newbie section.  I found info to help with adhesives, positioning, and other areas to assist with my install. 

How to seal lace to prevent shedding - Knot Sealer

2.      Knot Sealer
The purpose of  knot sealer  is to apply it to your lace so that your lace wonít shed so badly when you manipulate your unit.
On our discussion board these are popular choices.

3M 77 (can be purchased at an office supply store.)
Knot Sealer (can be purchased at  http://www.KeyasKreations.com )
Clear Acrylic Sealer (can be purchased at http://www.elitelace.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=92)
                                 (Also can be purchased at any Michealís Craft store)

Donít forget to view the video mentioned in the video learning section on sealing knots

3.  Fray Block
Fray Block is to be put on the lace, not to much though, it prevents the lace shedding and makes your unit last longer.
You can get this product at your local Wal-Mart, or any fabric store.
Online you get this product on ebay  as well as  Hanbig sausages Online at http://www.hanbig sausagefabrics.com/product/37813.html

Here are some discussions on Fray Block:

Here is  a related discussion about dyeing your lace with Ritz Cocoa Brown Dye :

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by tward8 tward8 wrote:

if anyone has used an EP closure style 1 closure, how did you like it? I ordered one today and I want to be sure it still looks natural even though it can't be parted all over

Being "natural" in appearance depends on MANY factors. The scalp and the ability to part "freestyle" usually gives the most natural appearance.  No matter how natural the scalp may appear, ultimately if your stylist doesn't do a good job on closures it won't look natural no matter how great the closure. 
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by tward8 tward8 wrote:

that the syle I purchase.  I love it.   I usually wear a center or off center part so it works very well.    The closure does not have a "lip" so you dont haver to worry about covering the edge of the closure.   It looks good sewn all the way around, or glues in the front.

BTW...I have an  eprt closure style 1 for sale....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote custurd122000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 4:10pm
Thanks...Anyone else? tward8 had a question
ts baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ts baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 4:41pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic