BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Ultimate Bohyme Brazilian Post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 648649650651652 654>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bohymehair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bohymehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 11:18am
Hello all!

Bohyme has been reading all your posts and we understand your concerns.  Our quality control team is optimizing the process to ensure that the new batches are all about quality, texture, and length.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at sam@bohyme.com and I will do what I can do to help you.  We are here to help, and we want you all to look beautiful.  

You may have also noticed that it has been difficult to obtain Bo-Braz (Brazilian Wave) because it's such a popular item.  And we are currently working on individually crafting more Bo-Braz styles, but the process is long, and definitely worth.  I thank you for your patience and I do hope you all have a great weekend.  

Stay beautiful.

Bohyme
Sponsored Links

BaayyyyBay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BaayyyyBay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 7:24pm
In the metro Detroit area the beauty supply stores say braz wave is hard to find not because of its popularity but the price became so high they had to stop selling it!

Foxglove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 1:51pm
I'm selling 1.5 bundles of BoBraz (more like 1.75 bundles), used once for this install. 

It's 18 inches, color #1, and used once. 1 new bundle normally goes for $170, I'm selling the used 1.5 bundles for $100
Never been dyed, never been sealed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohymehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:30am
Hi BaayyyyBay,

It's hard to find Bo-Braz in Detroit because of the stock being so low, not because of the prices being too high.  When we get batches of Bo-Braz, we immediately distribute them to the beauty supply stores around the country.  Trust me, our salesman makes his rounds through Michigan and Bo-braz is always a hot item.  If you have issues with a certain store, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bohyme

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohymehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:34am
Hi DivaMelody,

We hear ya!  Thanks for your constructive criticism, and we will see what we can do.  Definitely in the works, is a bulk version of Bo-Braz, so please get ready!  
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:46am
im not gonna comment on bo braz distrib up in here.  im telling you for the price yall charge for that hair i can get two packs from china..............so me cool.  i mean i did the fool when i wore that hair but i know better now. and i knwo the hair is not produced in the usa so i might as well cut out the middle man.  stanks, but no thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bohymehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 2:09pm
@510QUEEN

If you know where we can find better prices, then we would love the suggestion :)  I'm sure most of you understand how difficult it is when dealing with overseas vendors (i.e. language barrier).  Consider the customs charges, and the importing fees that you'd have to deal with.  It's madness.  We do our best to put the highest quality product on the market, and will continue to do what we've done for over 35 years.  

We do appreciate everyone's comments and we hope everyone had a good month of May.  June is around the corner, let's get it!  

Thanks for being beautiful.

Bohyme
Chinyesoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinyesoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 1:25pm
Hey Ladies, 

I don't post in the forum often, I admit I am a lurker and have been lurking for almost 2 years (Embarrassed) but I thought I'd share my experiences with the Brazilian Bohyme hair. I will admit, I purchased the hair before I read through the many many different threads about different hair vendors, companies, sites etc. Heck, I recently found out what a "vendor" was, and had to familiarize myself with the various types of vendors and hair types you can source on your own. I'm saying this as a preface to my review. If I'd known of all the different vendors and ways to get kinky weave that kinda matches my hair, I would not have purchased the Brazilian Bohyme weave. However, now that I have it and have been wearing it for over a year (1 year and 3 months to be exact) I found ways to make it work, make it last for this long, and I hope that my review can help someone that is currently struggling with it. 

Onto the specs....

Vendor: Bohyme Hair

Hair Category: Platinum Collection

Texture & Pattern: Brazilian Wave

Purchased: 

- 2 packs of hair, 1 Package in 12"-14", 1 package in 14"-16" both in 1b

Purchased: From an authorized dealer in my area. I went to the Bohyme site and looked up dealers by my zip code. 

My Hair: 4b/4c natural, bra strap length, natural for 4 years. 

My overall experience:

2 Months Review: May 2012-July 2012

I decided to purchase this hair because I read many reviews here and on youtube about the hair and it's ability to match my hair. I purchased the hair in March of 2012 and as soon as i got home I opened both packs and sealed the wefts with crafters glue. I allowed it to dry, then installed placed it back in the package. I installed it  on my head in May of 2012 as a weave with the horseshoe out to blend. I installed .5 of the 16" in the back and all of the 14" in the front. I twisted my leave out (4b/4c) and soon found it was rather hard to blend. The Brobraz seemed silky, very soft to the touch, but had to be detangled with water AND conditioner every other day. To keep it from matting I kept detangling and twisting. At this point, since I was detangling so often I felt the shedding to be too much. I kept the sew in in for about 6 weeks. About 2 weeks into the this time, I traveled abroad, and this is where I ran into trouble. I was in a place which had had a limited source of fresh water so detangling it every other day was NOT an option. I actually put in twists and just wore a scarf over my head because of the lack of water and red dust everywhere. I did have a spray bottle with me, and when I found water I would spray the twists for a little moisture. 6 weeks into the weave (and 4 weeks abroad) I took the sew-in down, stuffed it into my suitcase and placed Senegalese twists in my hair. The hair was tangled and matted because I didn't detangled for over 4 weeks. 

8-12 Months Review: January 2013-May 2013

Fast forward 6 months later….I'm back in the good 'ol USA, and take out the weave from my suitcase. I deep condition, wash, carefully detangle, and have the weave sewn onto a wig. I do a twist out with tresseme conditioner, and love the fullness and it matches my hair a little better. Major improvement. Ladies, if you want to wear this hair and make it last, SEW IT ONTO A WIG AND REMOVE IT EVERY NIGHT! I began to wear the weave on a wig in January of 2013 up until today, and it is still going strong! I cannot stress how easier it has been now that it is on a wig. Sleeping on the hair encourages tangles. Shedding and tangling now fare much less, and to be perfectly honest I only condition wash and re-twist this hair every 3-4 weeks. I do not wear this hair in a wash and go state, I think that makes too much tangling. I condition wash, twist, and wear a twist out. The older and frizzier the twists out gets, the more it matches my hair. To secure it down, I sewed on an elastic band and that is it.

12-14 Months Review: May 2013-present

I gave the wig a break for a month. Even though this hair was sewn onto a wig, there was still tangling and matting, and it is mostly in the nape area. The tangling back there wasn't super annoying, I just had to spend more time detangling that section when I co-washed and I only really got shedding when I detangle the wig. During the one month break I saw the matting was so bad, and my sister told me to do an ammonia/bleach bath to prevent the constant matting and tangling. Well, that helped a ton, but the hair dye Bohyme used to color the wig from it's natural color to 1b bleed something serious…and it returned to it's natural color. I had to re-dye the wig black to match my color, and I'll admit the dye might have weakened the weft sealer because the shedding has been much more pronounced now. I used Carol Natural Instincts dye in "Darkest Brown" and that got the hair black. I am currently still wearing the wig (it is now month 14) and I am going to wear it for another month. I'm now looking into get hair that is more afro-kinky than the soft, shiny of the Bohyme. 

Conclusion: I honestly do not recommend that anyone buy this hair, because for the price (I paid $230 on the ground) you can get better hair that doesn't tangle and mat up as frequently as this one does (online vendors or just save up for ONYC), especially better hair to match 4b/4c hair. However, I do feel like I put in the work to make this hair last this long (and I'm not giving it up anytime soon!) so if you do have it in your closet, don't throw it away! It takes a little time and attention, but you can revive it if it gets to be a tangled, matted mess. I'm so not a weave expert (well maybe I am now lol), but my sisters taught me quite a bit, BHM is hella resourceful, and YT comes through occasionally. If you have any questions, let me know! Hope this has been helpful :-) 

Resources:

How to make a UPart Wig: http://youtu.be/3Qo8D5c5n2Y

Elastic Band Method: http://youtu.be/PsAAQDBKvyo

Ammonia/Bleach Bath (please be careful and NEVER add bleach and ammonia to the same bucket): http://youtu.be/6HlXlIBFnLE

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by bohymehair bohymehair wrote:

@510QUEEN

If you know where we can find better prices, then we would love the suggestion :)  I'm sure most of you understand how difficult it is when dealing with overseas vendors (i.e. language barrier).  Consider the customs charges, and the importing fees that you'd have to deal with.  It's madness.  We do our best to put the highest quality product on the market, and will continue to do what we've done for over 35 years.  

We do appreciate everyone's comments and we hope everyone had a good month of May.  June is around the corner, let's get it!  

Thanks for being beautiful.

Bohyme

see that suggestion wasn't meant for you.  As a branded business on your level, you should be CONSTANLY trying other vendors for quality!  You should never be stuck with just one vendor.   I also used to be a retailer of hair so trust me I understand the issues that comes from dealing with overseas vendors.  While I may not have been on your level I do know about all the fees involved BUT I STILL managed to get my customers tip top quality hair, that didn't shed, matt or tangle.  When these things were brought to my attention I rectified the issues immediately!   I NEVER charged the prices you guys do for the lengths...............but hey................

Now if you want to do something so kind for the women of BHM and for the goodness of Uncle Russ and them letting you communicate FREELY with us here..............why don't you gift some hair in various lengths and right it off on your taxes.  There are many of ladies here who will be willing to test the new and improved product.  

I myself am a woman who is into the short look since bcc'ing and growing out my hair and would gladly take 8-10 inches.  I mean its just a thought.................I mean look at this thread.  There's over a $5000 worth of money in THIS thread alone.  Women buying 2-3 packs of your hair.  Give back to the community.

Just food for thought.................
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 1:40pm
WOW!  My BoBraz did NOT look like that!!! Well doneClap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 648649650651652 654>