Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The truth about X-men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 2:32pm
In the first movie when X and Magneto were playing chess, Magneto said i intend to fight "by any means necessary." that aint got sh*t to do with gays. 
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I thought it was a given. I've always thought the X-Men was a spin on race relations. Something like Pleasantville. Not addressing race outright...but...fucc it. U know what I mean.

eta:   I think that's why alot of POC love the X-Men. We know it for what it is. The only folks that had to be told this is most likely white folks.

I loooove X-men.....Embarrassed

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

asked an x men fan about this and they weren't totally sold since slavery and jim crow (like experiences) are not in the narrative

No they use the holocaust more.....
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

asked an x men fan about this and they weren't totally sold since slavery and jim crow (like experiences) are not in the narrative

True but I think had the story line gone the way of people having to out themselves as mutants...sign paperwork n'sh*t to get loans and "participate" in the system.. then it would have eventually turned to that. Nobody would want to live next to Mutants or have them in their neighborhoods and schools. What about the children?! What if my daughter comes home with one?!

Then when they get their own sh*t i'm sure "average citizens" would be mad that they are doing well and excelling then they'd drop a bomb on their sh*t. Think of Professor's school. They had to hide that sh*t. Those children were exceptional not only with their gifts but with their mind and thinking.

I refuse to think that is about gay people. No shade.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jun 15 2014 at 7:05pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:57pm
yup. yup

i remember in one of the movies, the blue mutant chic (forgot her name) told this dude not to call her by her slave name lol
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:38am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

yup. yup

i remember in one of the movies, the blue mutant chic (forgot her name) told this dude not to call her by her slave name lol
mystique
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 7:15am
Gay people wanna be oppressed so bad.....yeah I said it......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic