Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Truth about Mandingo or n*gger fighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.56  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

I can't believe that people tried to deny that white slave masters would do that - humans can do evil things in the name of sport.

This is really what is hard to grasp. I can believe that a couple of human can do evil things but the these yt people were animals with no conscience, the vast majority of them. The amount of destruction that they have created all over the world is just mind blowing.
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I didn't realize folks denied it.   I guess I need to go back and read it again.

one particular young lady said to me 'where is it in history?' to which i quipped, 'its where the rest of your history lies'

look at u with that fancy British wordplay
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 3:40pm
Considering that yts considered slaves property and not people, and taking into consideration how they tortured Black people, why was mandingo fighting so hard to believe?Confused
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 3:47pm
Interesting that people denied it.
White people did it to their own people so...
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Considering that yts considered slaves property and not people, and taking into consideration how they tortured Black people, why was mandingo fighting so hard to believe?Confused
Apparently they believe that slaveowners valued their property so much they wouldn't "waste" it to fights.

Here's the Slate article were people denying it and challenging those who totally believed it happened:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/12/24/django_unchained_mandingo_fighting_were_any_slaves_really_forced_to_fight.html#
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:31pm
preposterous
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 6:26pm
I finally found the reference.

It is from American Slavery As It Is: Testimony of A Thousand Witnesses

This is the testimony of Messrs. T.D.M. and F.C. Macy

"I have known negro boys, partly by persuasion, and partly by force, made to strip off their clothing and fight for the amusement of their masters. They would fight until both got to crying."
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 8:12pm
I heard this really happened, but the recounted stories are heart-wrenching. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 9:54pm
Title: Slave Narratives: A Folk History of Slavery in the United States from Interviews with Former Slaves, Arkansas Narratives, Part 4

Author: Work Projects Administration

Release Date: April 24, 2008 [EBook #25154]

Interviewer: Samuel S. Taylor
Person interviewed: Lula Jackson
1808 Valentine Street, Little Rock, Arkansas

"My mama's first husband was killed in a rasslin' (wrestling) match. It used to be that one man would walk up to another and say, 'You ain't no good.' And the other one would say, 'All right, le's see.' And they would rassle.

"My mother's first husband was pretty old. His name was Myers. A young man come up to him one Sunday morning when they were gettin' commodities. They got sorghum, meat, meal, and flour; if what they got wasn't enough, then they would go out and steal a hog. Sometime they'd steal it anyhow; they got tired of eatin' the same thing all the time. Hurt would whip them for it. Wouldn't let the overseer whip them. Whip them hisself. 'Fraid the overseer wouldn't give them enough. They never could find my grandfather's meat. That was Grandfather William Down. They couldn't find his meat because he kept it hidden in a hole in the ground. It was under the floor of the cabin.

"Old Myers made this young man rassle with him. The young fellow didn't want to rassle with him; he said Myers was too old. Myers wasn't my father; he was my mother's first husband. The young man threw him. Myers wasn't satisfied with that. He wanted to rassle again. The young man didn't want to rassle again. But Myers made him. And the second time, the young man threw him so hard that he broke his collar-bone. My mother was in a family way at the time. He lived about a week after that, and died before the baby was born.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25154/25154-h/25154-h.htm

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 12:37pm
The slaves' status as human beings was further attacked by barbaric practices such as castration and the removal of limbs for small infractions, which physically incapacitated slaves who were already suffering from hellish psychological torment and indoctrination, at the hands of slave owners. Practices such as battles royals, in which groups of slaves were pitted against each other in fights for no apparent reason other than to entertain and satisfy bets between slave owners, on which group would win. In other instances slaves were pitted against each other in human cockfights, sometimes to the death. Brutal contests, which were sometimes witnessed by other slaves, would reinforce their psychological acceptance of their status as lesser beings.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-psychological-effects-slavery-colonization-3349634.html?cat=37
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>