Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Truth about Mandingo or n*gger fighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.56  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Truth about Mandingo or n*gger fighting
    Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:54pm
First you need to know it existed.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:54pm
Excerpt 1 from Slave Narratives: A FOLK HISTORY OF SLAVERY IN THE UNITED STATES

Will Adams was born in 1857, a slave of Dave Cavin, in Harrison Co. Texas. He remained with the Cavins until 1885, then farmed for himself. Will lives alone in Marshall, Texas, supported by a $13.00 monthly pension.

"On Christmas we had all we could eat and drink and after that a big party, and you ought to see them gals swingin' they partners round. Then mass have two n*ggers wrestle, and our sports and dances was big sport for the white folks. They'd sit on the gallery and watch the n*ggers put i on brown".

*****by the way you can download the book off of Amazon.com and I don't think it is much.

Edited by pattigurlatl - Feb 08 2013 at 6:55pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:56pm
Excerpt 1 from VOICES FROM SLAVERY:100 Authentic Slave Narratives

John Finely - Interviewed at Fort Worth Texas, Interviewer not identified, Age when interviewed: 86

Alabama am de state where I'se born and dat eighty-six year ago, in Jackson County on Massar Martin Finnely's plantation, and him owns about seventy-five other slaves besides Mammy and me. My pappy am on dat plantation but I don't know him, cause Mammy never talks about him except to say "He am here".

Skipping to  a whipping and a fighting reference:  

De worst whipping I seed was give to Clarinda. She hits Massa with de hoe 'cause he try 'fere with her and she try stop him. She am put on de log and give five-hundred lashes. She am over dat log all day and when dry takes her off, she am limp and act deadlike. For a week she am in de bunk. Dat whipping' cause plenty trouble and deer lots of arguments amend de white folks round deer.

We has some joyments on de plantation, no parties or dancing' but we has de corn husking' and de n*gger fights. For de corn huskin' everybody come to one place and dry gives de prize for findin' de red ear. On Massa's pale de prize am brandy or you am allowed to kiss de gal you calls for. While us huskin' us sing lots, but, I'se not twine sing any den songs, 'cause I'se forget and my voice sound like de bray of de mule.

De n*igger fights am more for de white folks' joyment but de slaves am allowed to see it. De massas of plantations match deer n*ggers 'cording to size, and bet on dem. Massas Finnely have one n*gger what weights about 150 pounds and him powerful good fighter and he like to fight. None lasts long with him. Den a new n*gger comes to fight him.

Dat field am held at night by de pine torchlight. A ring am made by de folks standin' around in de circle. Deys allowed to do anything with dry hands and head and teeth. Nothin' barred except de knife and de club. Dem two n*ggers gets in de ring and Tom he starts quick, and dat new n*gger he starts just as quick. Dat surprised Tom and when dey comes together it like two bulls--kersmash--it sounds like dat. Den it am hit and kick and bite and butt anywhere and any place for to best de other. De one on de bottom bites knees and anything him can do. Dat's de way it go for half de hour.

Findly, dat new n*gger  gets Tom in de stomach with he knee and a lick side de jaw at the same time and down to Tom, and de other n*gger jumps on him with both frets, den straddle him and hits with right, left, right, left, right, side Tom's head. Dere Tom lay, makin' no resistance. Everybody am saying', "Tom have met he match, him am done". Both am bleeding' and am awful sight. Well, dat new n*gger could get to he feet, Tom kicks him in de stomach, again and again. Dat n*gger's body start to quaver and he massa say, "Dat enough." Dat de closest Tom ever come to gettin' whipped what I'se know of.

Edited by pattigurlatl - Feb 08 2013 at 6:58pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:05pm
had no doubt it happened

still disgusted

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:07pm
forcing blacks to fight each other

and whip each other

speaks volumes about the psychological tools racists used to make us distrust each other and destroy the cohesiveness we need to force true equality
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:08pm
I know RR.

BTW, Amazon has tons of slave narratives available for download for free.  It goes by state.

It's titled: Slave Narratives: A Folk History of Slave Narratives in the United States

I don't have all of them. Some states have 4 or 5 parts to them. I wish I had enough space on my tablet.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

and whip each other

speaks volumes about the psychological tools racists used to make us distrust each other and destroy the cohesiveness we need to force true equality
There is one that I can't find but it makes me teary eyed. It's a former slave's recount of how a "massa" forced two young boys to fight each other. And they were crying as they were doing it.

I downloaded so many narratives and unfortunately the Kindle app's search feature isn't that intuitive. But I'll post it when I find it.
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:13pm
Great read but this sh*t makes my stomach turn. 
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

and whip each other

There is one that I can't find but it makes me teary eyed. It's a former slave's recount of how a "massa" forced two young boys to fight each other. And they were crying as they were doing it.

I downloaded so many narratives and unfortunately the Kindle app's search feature isn't that intuitive. But I'll post it when I find it.

this happened to me when I was watching django.. thank you so much for creating this thread, I've been meaning to do research on this topic. I have a question, why do black people use Mandigo as a compliment?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

and whip each other

this happened to me when I was watching django.. thank you so much for creating this thread, I've been meaning to do research on this topic. I have a question, why do black people use Mandigo as a compliment?

Mandingo speaks to the insecurity of white men. It's the same reason why they imprisoned, raped, and eventually killed Sarah Baartman, otherwise known as the Venus Hottentot.

They referenced the size of black men and women's body parts during slavery. This is also how the myths about exaggerated sexual prowess of black men and exaggerated sexual lust of black women started to propegate in the minds of these folk. There own perverseness caused them to rationalize slavery and mistreatment and it still does today. That's why I absolutely hate Beyonce's SB performance. She just added fuel to the never ending fire, IMO.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>