Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The truth about Filipino hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The truth about Filipino hair
    Posted: Mar 22 2015 at 8:14am
The market is saturated with hair types that many vendors label and claim by the name or nationality of their supposed country's origin.

Peruvian, monggolian, russian, eurasian, brazilian etc.

I will not speak about these hair types because I have no sufficient knowledge on how they are sourced and the authenticity of these claims.

One thing I will speak about is Filipino hair. Because well, I'm Filipino. If that helps. Lol

How does Filipino hair look like?
If you have a Filipino friend, you may politely ask to touch and see their hair.

Around 60% of Filipinos have silky straight hair in varying degrees of silkiness, straightness and darkness. But many Filipinos also have a coarser, wavier texture. It is not uncommon to find Filipino people with tight curly, coarse hair too. That is why the hair treatment called 'rebonding' has become a trend here in the last decade. Colors vary from natural jet black to dark brown shades. Shades of black are still the dominant hair color that will be found in Filipino people's hair. But since we were colonized by different countries, you will also find Filipinos with hair colors #2 to #4. I myself used to have a #4 shade chestnut brown hair as a child that gradually darkened as I went through adolescence. This phenomenon is not uncommon here and that is why even with adult dark hair, you will find some varying brown shades when our hair is under the sun.

Do Filipinos sell their hair?
Yes. But the healthiest virgin hair can be found in provinces where many people live a generally simple life and are willing to sell their hair. A few people in Metro Manila also sell their virgin hair but since this is a highly-urbanized city, people are more trendy and therefore many of us dye, style, perm, curl and straighten our hair.

How does Filipino hair compare to other hairs like Chinese and Indian?
Chinese hair is usually a cross between coarse and silky. Chinese hair has bigger follicles and higher sheen. The most common chinese hair texture is bone straight.
Indian hair strand is fine and comparable to caucasian hair in some ways. Their hair usually has more patterns and is sensitive to humidity

Filipino hair is like a cross in between these two. It's finer than Chinese but more dense than Indian. It has less sheen than chinese hair but is usually silkier to touch. It has a very natural look and movement and has less variations in textures compared to natural indian hair.

Where is the best place to get Filipino hair?
The Philippines.

Is Filipino hair affordable?
It depends on what you consider affordable. Virgin Filipino hair is not as affordable or as readily-available as Chinese and Indian hair.

How is the lifespan of Filipino hair?
Filipino hair is more delicate than Chinese hair but is a lot more durable than Indian Hair. Filipino hair undergoes little to none at all when it comes to processing, so this keeps the hair's integrity. Filipino people do not sacrifice their hairs in temples. Lice and nits is not as big as a problem here than in India.

Does Filipino hair come in steam-processed textures too?
Yes. This option is available.

Is Filipino hair color-processed?
Not that I know. All my virgin Filipino hair extensions came in their natural, varying colors.

Does Filipino hair hold curls and styles?
It holds styles very well.

How is maintenance?
Very low. I like to think our hair evolved to adapt to our country's very humid climate.

How is the weight, feel, bounce and density?
You wouldn't need too much bundles because Filipino hair is dense down to the bottom and has natural volume. It is also very bouncy. It has a lot of movement. It's not too heavy.

Sponsored Links

pink.jester87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink.jester87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2015 at 3:10pm
This is very interesting. I know of a few companies now that sell Filipino hair. I've seen it on aliexpress but doubt its authenticity. I really want to try it now! I think that will be my next expensive purchase of hair.
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2015 at 1:09pm
I purchased my Filipino hair about 2 years ago and it is still doing good. I did purchase my hair directly from a Filipino vendor after much research.
I must say that I love, love love my Filipino weave. The only con is that I have to wear a closure with this hair because it does not match my hair, whether it's natural or relaxed.
PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2015 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Teesweet Teesweet wrote:

I purchased my Filipino hair about 2 years ago and it is still doing good. I did purchase my hair directly from a Filipino vendor after much research.
I must say that I love, love love my Filipino weave. The only con is that I have to wear a closure with this hair because it does not match my hair, whether it's natural or relaxed.

I must agree. I think it's best used with closures if you have naturally coarse textured hair
blackbar-b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackbar-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2015 at 4:23am

filipino hair is very nice

PerfectDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2015 at 5:29am
I love Filipino hair. My fave vendors went wholesale on me though Cry
PerfectDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2015 at 5:30am
Originally posted by pink.jester87 pink.jester87 wrote:

This is very interesting. I know of a few companies now that sell Filipino hair. I've seen it on aliexpress but doubt its authenticity. I really want to try it now! I think that will be my next expensive purchase of hair.

If the vendor on ali is located in China, the hair is Chinese. Trust.
Strictlyluxuryhair1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strictlyluxuryhair1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2015 at 8:16pm
Filipino hair is not from the Philippines...All hair either comes from India or Asia all hair is made to mimic the hair of different origins only blonde Brazilian hair is Caucasian hair

Its kinda funny that most ppl think Brazilian hair is from Brazil etc lol

Strictlyluxuryhair.com has all the hair you need great deals etc
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2015 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Strictlyluxuryhair1 Strictlyluxuryhair1 wrote:

Filipino hair is not from the Philippines...All hair either comes from India or Asia all hair is made to mimic the hair of different origins only blonde Brazilian hair is Caucasian hair

Its kinda funny that most ppl think Brazilian hair is from Brazil etc lol

Strictlyluxuryhair.com has all the hair you need great deals etc

I like how you did that... WinkConfused
Strictlyluxuryhair1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strictlyluxuryhair1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2015 at 9:20pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic