Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedThe truth about closures ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BelizianMomma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 11:41am
Ms.MR can you suggest a vendor that contructs the best silk closures? Thanks in advance. 
Sponsored Links

DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 12:59pm
I want mines to be seemless as possible I hate the fact you can see the grid. But kinky curly hair works well with lace because the hair is so puffy. I will visit the lace section when I make my wig next week...
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 2:36pm
Closures have saved my leave out so I can't imagine doing a full install without one. I have tried both lace and silk and although I like lace the grids can be tough to deal with. I'm still on the hunt for a silk closure that I "love"...I really like my EP, just wish it were a little less dense but I've had it for over 2 years and I am happy that I made the investment because it will last me a long time, the quality is excellent. I'm considering trying Indique closure but still on the fence.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 3:42pm
The Indique Closure is the TRUTH.  It can appear a bit dense but the quality is very good.  I would probably opt for a CV custom closure instead of Indique's $300+ price.  My sister is wearing an Indique closure I purchased from the M2M section in 2010.  She has worn it back to back installs for 2 years and still going strong.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 5:51pm
I agree that the vendor, lace/silk color and density are key to getting a realistic closure. I have worn both silk and lace..I prefer my silk one from KevinCN because he got the dark scalp tint to match perfectly.I also have been rocking a lacefront from KevinCN that is perfect density no tweaking except for spraying light coat of sally hansen leg spray and people still think its my scalp( I have never bleached my knots, too scared). I always get 75% density closures/wigs. I also have two stock lace closures from Roman that are on point.
Topaz Moreno View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

The Indique Closure is the TRUTH.  It can appear a bit dense but the quality is very good.  I would probably opt for a CV custom closure instead of Indique's $300+ price.  My sister is wearing an Indique closure I purchased from the M2M section in 2010.  She has worn it back to back installs for 2 years and still going strong.

Imma closure type of lady!

I love my Indique closure. I bought it in April and it still nice. I do have one bald spot but thats due to my own neglect. I am going to try to fix it.

it you seal seal seal the closure everytime you take it down it will last a long time. I think i can make my next one last a year

and the Ohhh Wee for me is the ONYC lace closure. Thats going to be my summer closure.

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by beana3 beana3 wrote:

extremely helpful tips chatnoir!

Thanks Smile
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by dani454 dani454 wrote:

Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

Try swiss or transparent lace and spend some time up in the Lace Front forum.

Transparent, not light brown? That probably would help more, as I've been getting an annoying "glow" on my lace units..

If you're getting a glow, it's probably because the lace isn't a close match to your skin tone.  You can try using a fabric marker to go around the lace edges.  I like to use a brown eyebrow pencil.
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Topaz Moreno Topaz Moreno wrote:

Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Imma closure type of lady!

I love my Indique closure. I bought it in April and it still nice. I do have one bald spot but thats due to my own neglect. I am going to try to fix it.

it you seal seal seal the closure everytime you take it down it will last a long time. I think i can make my next one last a year

and the Ohhh Wee for me is the ONYC lace closure. Thats going to be my summer closure.

I've seen a few reviews about the Indique closure balding and that's my fear. I've had this EP for multiple installs without any sign of balding or sheding without sealing which is what I expect for the price...what do you think caused your bald spot?
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:46am
LOLCry India
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic