Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedThe Title: Why I hate Scandal...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Title: Why I hate Scandal...
    Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:33am
Repost from Facebook

Why I hate Scandal (and other Negro Bed Wenches)

20130523-161713.jpg

With many entertainers us as fans always have that one that we feel a special connection to, whether it be an appreciation for their skills, a physical attraction/ crush, or simply a love for who they are as a person.

For me I feel all three of these for the actress, Ms. Kerry Washington.

Without going into unneccesary detail, Kerry Washington, to me is damn near perfect and the ultimate wife(y) type.

20130523-161810.jpg

She has had some great acting roles and over the years has been involved in a multitude of humanitarian efforts that impress and intrigue me.

That’s why it’s hard…no not really hard…unbelievable to say this but…I hate her show, Scandal.

20130523-161848.jpg

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. There I said it. Now I know this is a very popular show and for good reason.

It is well written, has good actors, and includes thought provoking plots but in all honestly the biggest part of the show that America likes is…

This Black chick is the most powerful man in the free world & UNENO it.

20130523-161908.jpg
Simply put, Olivia Pope is the president’s whore and that completely turns me off from liking the show.

Now is it because I am deeply infatuated with Kerry Washington? No because I ha
ve learned to minimize my thirst to realistic levels. Am I against interracial relationships? No I can’t really say that I am.

Then why do I hate Scandal?

I think the choice to possibly ignore historical significance of this taboo power dynamic has rubbed me the wrong way.

What many don’t know or haven’t researched is that this plot of Scandal is very similar to real history.

Our nations 3rd president, Thomas Jefferson, had slaves and in fact he had a slave mistress. Her name was Sally Hemings. By all accounts she was beautiful, of mixed descent, and spoke English & French but the bottom line is she was a slave who had four kids by this dude.

20130523-161252.jpg
Now I don’t how TJ gamed Sally up into letting him but when you’re a slave on the Presidents plantation I don’t think there would be too much discussion in the matter.

America loves seeing Black women coddled by/saved by/loved by/ and *&%^$#@Eed by White men. Especially white men with power.

It’s the reason Halle Berry won an Oscar for getting pounded by Billy Bob Thorton, why Ghetto Gaggers is still in business and why Scandal is such a hot TV show. sh*t it’s even why they asked Kevin Costner to speak at Whitney Houston’s funeral.

20130523-163428.jpg

What’s even funnier/slightly disturbing is Black womens recent infatuation with this character. Like Olivia Pope is some to admire. She’s a married man thats her boss. She’s no better that Sanaa Lathan in that piece of sh*t Tyler Perry movie.

All Im saying is I can’t get down with Ms.Pope bustin’ it wide open for the Commander In Chief when just 150 years ago she wouldn’t have had an option.

20130523-161510.jpg

-Grits Capone

http://deeperthangrits.com/2013/05/23/why-i-hate-scandal-and-other-negro-bed-wenches/

Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:35am
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:39am
I don't watch the show, but my s.o and sis in law do religiously. When she explained the plot to me, I admit that the OP's explanation crossed my mind. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I passed on watching it with them a few years back.

I watched a bit of it with her last week. Wasn't feeling it. I won't go into the mini debate that me and her had after it went offLOL

Edited by Random Thoughts - Oct 10 2013 at 11:40am
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:40am
Oh shut the hell up and just don't fcuking watch it then!

~disclaimer~ I ain't never watched a single episode of Scandal. I'm just sick of people betching about every!got!damn!thing!

eta: This post was directed at whoever wrote that, not OP.

Edited by FarraFace - Oct 10 2013 at 11:41am
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:41am
You are PARANOID.

It's a TV show and if there was never a Black woman lead in a TV show ... you would be complaining that ... there are never any Black women leads in TV show, Duh!]

As far as this BACKWARD parellel of the character to SLAVERY? Ah who care?

You people have gotta stop 'reading into' everything .. as somehow some master ploit against Black women/people and try to find something positive in your lives instead of hee heee! Sittin around haten on White man.

How is this a PRODUCTIVE use of your energy?

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:42am
I watch the show and Kerry W character Olivia Pope gets on my nerves because they make her so weak for this yt man.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:44am
I didn't read but most people like myself admire Olivia Pope because she's a boss and gets sh*t done. I'd hired her.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

You people

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

You are PARANOID.

It's a TV show and if there was never a Black woman lead in a TV show ... you would be complaining that ... there are never any Black women leads in TV show, Duh!]

As far as this BACKWARD parellel of the character to SLAVERY? Ah who care?

You people have gotta stop 'reading into' everything .. as somehow some master ploit against Black women/people and try to find something positive in your lives instead of hee heee! Sittin around haten on White man.

How is this a PRODUCTIVE use of your energy?

Never failsSleepy

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:49am
there have been like 80000000000 articles saying the same thing since scandal first started

i think scandal is too much like a soap opera. not to say that the author's point isnt valid but it would be cool to hear some diff reasons on why people dont like the show
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic