Topic ClosedTHE TANGLETEASER EXPERIENCE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
lovelynatural81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE TANGLETEASER EXPERIENCE
    Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 8:24am
ClapClapClapClapClapClap I would like to start by thanking the man who designed this brush. I bought it to try even though I skeptical. I bought it to try first on my son who has 3b/3c hair( Ill take some pics this weekend promise). I didnt think it would detangle much because he serious hates to comb his hair...(he is 11 years old) as he refuses to comb it thoroughly and has for the past month. He mainly just does wash and goes. I just sprayed his hair with glycerin,lemon essential oil and water, sectioned his hair and went to work. It normally takes me 2 hours to detangle his hair.Ladies I was done in 30 minutes!!!

Now moving on to my hair. I just took my hair down out of kinky twist before new years. I had not detangled at all. The most I had done was break up the dirt clods where my new growth had come in.As I took out each twist I just placed them in larger twist, pinned them up and have been rocking a 1/2 wig for 2 weeks( i have been work 6 day weeks and have had no time to wash...sleep yes...wash no) I have 4a hair and i didnt think with the bristles of the Tangle teaser being so soft that it would detangle. Now I sprayed water,essential rose oil and glycerin on my hair prior to detangling. I split my hair down the middle and sectioned each side into 8 sections. I used the tandle teaser on one side and denman on the other. I though my Denman was the hot business ...WRONG!!!OuchI never realized how much it tore through my hair.I got through 1/2 of 1 section and stopped. At that point my hopes dropped because I knew that if the Denman just jacked me up the the tangle teaser couldnt help my kinky curls.I started with my roughest section in the back of my head........Ladies when i tell you it glided through like butter even with all the dead hair.It gentley pulled it out.I almost cried. Do ya'll understand that I HATEAngry TO DETANGLE MY HAIR!!That I put my hair in Kinky twist routinely to avoid detangling on a regular basis. So that I only have to do so every 2-3 months( which means only 4-6 times a year). i thought I had found the answer with twist until my hair started to break off in places. If you use this brush right. It is the TRUTH!!! My Denman is gonna have to get in the unemployment line...or  maybe ill use him If I get up the courage again to try a weave(doubtful). Im sorry this was so long but I was Just so amazed. So how would I rate this:
Ease of use:It wsa pretty easy to palm this brush and work all the angles I needed to detangle down to the root. 3-4 passes per section rid me of all dead hair and made my hair soft. I had no unruly hairs sticking out like when I normally twist my hair.
Price:$10.Considering all the combs and brushes I have bought I can see myself buying a few more.
comfort:I didn't snap and break my hair. I could feel it tug when I had big knots of hair at the end of my hair. I would just stop and manually take them apart and pick up detangling again
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 8:27am
hmm...maybe i will get this eventually.  i saw it and walked past it.  it scared me to heavens

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 8:40am
I was a little anxious when I first bought which is why I waited so long....but last night I just said what the heck..... I cant believe it took my so long to use it. I could have already had my hair detangled,washed and styled for NYE like I wanted it. Instead I was lazy. Im just so happy it worked. I should say that I am a 4a to front and sidesand very back/nape of my head, 4b to middle/crown.Worked like a dream. I really cant believe it
commonera View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 4:09pm
< ="utf-8">
Tangle Teezer is the business. my 3c/4a curls look huge and shiny. After two weeks of not detangling I shed about 20 hairs. You don't have to pull like you do with a Denman. 
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 4:22pm

The Tangle Teezer is officially on the list to be my next purchase!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 8:29pm
Common: I know the denman was just a runner up....well more like last place. I just thought to myself" This must be how the Denman works" this is while it was tugging at my hair.It have not used that Denman since Mothers day......on a weave. Yesterday I said well let me give it one more chance.....EPIC FAIL for me with the DENMAN.........EPIC WINNER ....TANGLETEASER( in pink no less for me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 8:29pm
gonna try to post a video of youtube tomorrow...I hope
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 11:18am
This brush is a dream in detangling my Bohyme install (which I think is a dud, never again) when I had conditioner in it.  On my leave out, it did a good job.  I got the bright pink one.  They didn't have it at the Sally's in Hammond, IN but they did have it in Munster/Griffith, IN. I think they might have it at Lansing, IL but don't quote me on that.
Momeijheii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 11:38am
<------ loves her tangle teezer
Andromeda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 11:40am
GIRRRRLLLL.......THey spoke of this on the LHCF and I went straight to Sally's to give it a try.

Let me tell you, it's the truth, I did it on dry hair that hasn't been detangled in about a week. The teaser glide through my hair and there was no pain and less breakage than normally.

My suggestion to everyone is to comb the hair in sections, I just parted in 4 big sections and split each section in half, no problem for my 3c-4a hair.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic