Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Start of my Journey

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
ShayyP01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayyP01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Start of my Journey
    Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 12:27am
Hi ladies...noob here.

Jeez, I don't even know where to start! Relaxed my hair for the first time about 4 months ago after doing a HUGE chop 2 years ago. My hair is currently at SL, but before I decided to go on my HHJ (only about 2 weeks ago) I was a major flat iron/heat junkie. My ends are in terrible condition and I experience hair breakage quite often. My hair is pretty fine and to me seems like it breaks off more than it actually grows. Like I said as of 2 weeks ago, I've started co-washing 1x a week, DC'ing 1 or 2x a week, shampoo 1x a week, and moisturize & seal about 6 out of 7 nights (there's the odd night where I totally forget or feel super lazy). I'm completely at a loss in determining whether my hair is lacking protein or moisture based on the breakage I am experiencing. To me it seems that there's a whole lot more breakage since I started my journey Cry. I've done Aphogee reconstructor twice (1x each week) and I even tried doing a black tea rinse. I guess since its the beginning of my journey I don't really know of any go to products yet and it really sucks not knowing what to do with my hair!
Plz...any advice that anyone has or product suggestions, I'll take it! I see so many of you ladies with beautiful hair, and although I know its going to take a lot of care and work, I want long beautiful & healthy hair too. I just wish I could find a healthy hair mentor to help me along the way :(

Sponsored Links

ShayyP01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayyP01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 12:19am
Any suggestions anyone? Please...Cry
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 1:26am
Just keep reading up in here. My hair is SL & I want it to be BSL & healthy. My hair is 4c in the back & like 3c/4a in the front. My front & edges have gotten really thin from braids. I've gotten a lot of good tips from the threads on this board. U have to find out what works good for your hair.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ShayyP01 ShayyP01 wrote:

<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Hi ladies...noob here.</span><p dir="ltr" style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Jeez, I don't even know where to start! Relaxed my hair for the first time about 4 months ago after doing a HUGE chop 2 years ago. My hair is currently at SL, but before I decided to go on my HHJ (only about 2 weeks ago) I was a major flat iron/heat junkie. My ends are in terrible condition and I experience hair breakage quite often. My hair is pretty fine and to me seems like it breaks off more than it actually grows. Like I said as of 2 weeks ago, I've started co-washing 1x a week, DC'ing 1 or 2x a week, shampoo 1x a week, and moisturize & seal about 6 out of 7 nights (there's the odd night where I totally forget or feel super lazy). I'm completely at a loss in determining whether my hair is lacking protein or moisture based on the breakage I am experiencing. To me it seems that there's a whole lot more breakage since I started my journey Cry. I've done Aphogee reconstructor twice (1x each week) and I even tried doing a black tea rinse. I guess since its the beginning of my journey I don't really know of any go to products yet and it really sucks not knowing what to do with my hair!
Plz...any advice that anyone has or product suggestions, I'll take it! I see so many of you ladies with beautiful hair, and although I know its going to take a lot of care and work, I want long beautiful & healthy hair too. I just wish I could find a healthy hair mentor to help me along the way :(

Hi; since you're just starting your HHJ it sometimes takes a lot of hits & misses. You used flat irons in the past, and is now relaxed. You more than likely need both protein and moisture to get your hair healthy again. I tend to mix my own hair products, and co-wash more than shampoo. When I "shampoo", I just add a little Baking Soda to VO5 Clarifying conditioner. I also use Aloe Vera juice, or ACV in my rinses. There are helpful videos on You Tube. I personally like Naptural85 and Kimmaytube. Ofcourse there others.

Good Luck finding your hair groove
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 3:37pm
Also, u may want to cut those damaged ends. That's what I had to do. I gradually cut the relaxer out & kept my hair in protective styles. Wigs, braids, weaves etc. I couldn't believe my hair grew about 6 inches in less than 2 years. And that was before knowing what I know now about transitioning. I'm pretty sure by next year this time I'll have another 8-10 inches of growth...
heeeyximASH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heeeyximASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 11:45pm
when I first started my HHJ my staples were S-Curl, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave in Cream (the BEST thing invented for relaxed hair), ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, ORS Hair Lootion and it was something else..V05 for co washing. 
Remember less is always more when it comes to do anything to your hair. 
For my relaxed hair it always wants moisture so I was once every 2 weeks, moisturize every other day and shampoo about once a month. 
HTH
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:14pm
It is alright, it just the beginning. This lady in this video showed me how to take care of my hair the simple and natural way and so can you. Go to https://www.youtube.com/Moorevolve

I hope this can help you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply