FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Spiritual Puppeteer

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
nyqueene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyqueene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Spiritual Puppeteer
    Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 10:23pm

The "Spiritual" Puppeteer

There is this woman in my life that God has been speaking to me about for the last 2 years. I've had dreams of her not truly being there for me. Not truly loving me. Not truly being happy for me. But in real life, she's sweet, she's concerned, she's anointed. I tried to ignore the dreams and impressions, thinking that the enemy was trying to divide us. But she stayed on my heart and on my mind.

Me: God, what is this? Why can't I shake her? Why do I feel this uneasiness with her?
God: She's a Spiritual Puppeteer. And she's trying to take my place in your life.

What's a spiritual puppeteer? Well, I'm glad you asked!
  • She Always Gives Unsolicited Advice - When you try to just have girl talk with her, she interrupts with: "You should do this. You should do that. I'll teach you. I'll show you. Come with me!" What she doesn't realize is that you just wanted to share a part of your life. She doesn't even care to hear how you'd like to handle your situation. Or chances are you like your situation! But she doesn't listen long enough to realize that.
  • She Gets Offended When You Don't Take Her Advice - When you reject her advice that you never even asked for, she gets offended. She defensively replies, "I'm just trying to help." She says she supports you, or "do what you got to do" but her voice is filled with sarcasm and/or doubt. She doesn't believe that you can handle it without her help. She wants you to learn from her mistakes, not realizing that sometimes you don't truly learn until you've made your own.
  • She Acts Like She's the Only One Who Can Hear From God - Because she is known for hearing from God, she uses that as a tool to try to control you. Maybe she doesn't do it on purpose, maybe she does it out of "love," but she doesn't give you a chance to hear from God yourself. She acts as if you can't hear from God. Because your faith doesn't make sense to her, it's automatically not of the Lord. She doesn't understand that more often than not, her role is to pray you through, not try to tell you what to do. She tries to rob you of the opportunity of getting to know God for yourself.
  • She Doesn't Realize that She's not Your God - She forgets that even though God used her before to minister to you, He may not use her again. He uses different people so you don't idolize one person. He does this so you can remember that it is He who brings counsel and wisdom 100%. She gets offended if you turn to others for advice for a different situation. She always expects you to return to her.
  • She Wants to Turn You into Her Follower - As quiet as it's kept, she wants to train you and be responsible for your success; as long as it doesn't surpass hers. She'll never admit it. But your growth and success intimidates her. She wants you to grow just enough to take the credit for being such an influence in your life.
  • She Can't Applaud You for Following Your Heart - Simply put, unless you do things exactly how she'd do it, you won't get any support from her. If you go to a school she doesn't approve of, or dress differently then she prefers, or if you choose to live somewhere she doesn't like ... well, you won't get genuine support. You'll never feel like she truly accepts you for who you are.
  • If You Don't Jump to Do Things Her Way, You're Automatically Against Her - She feels that rejecting her ideas, opinions, or advice equals rejecting her. Saying no to her long enough will result in a distance and awkwardness between you and her.
I know we all have at least one "Spiritual" Puppeteer in our lives. I use the term "Spiritual" because all of my writing is related to the Church, the Body of Christ.

If you're like me, you need to feel like you have space to breathe. I don't mind her ending up being right after the dust settles, but I have to see that for myself. Not just because she says so. The truth is, she has control issues. She wants everyone to be about her, and do things to her liking. But it's subtle and hidden under the name of helping.

If you are the puppeteer, repent, forgive yourself, and seek change. If this blog helps to identify the puppeteer in your life (which can be a man or woman), bless God! Here's what you do:

1. If you have fallen victim to her ways of manipulation, FORGIVE HER and don't take it personally. Most of the time the puppeteer doesn't realize what she's doing. She tries to help so much that she doesn't realize that she's pushing you away.
  2. PRAY FOR HER, so that she can see herself. If she truly loves God, she'll seek change.
  3. If you feel led by the Holy Spirit, sit down and TALK TO HER. If you're speaking in truth and in love, you will inspire her to change.
  4. Don't ostracize her. Maybe you can't continually have conversations with her because you know how they'll end (unfruitful & frustrating), but you can still greet her with a genuine smile and hug. You can support her endeavors. You can pray with her. You can offer her a shoulder to lean on. YOU CAN LOVE HER.

Matthew 10:16 - Be wise as serpents, Harmless as doves
Sponsored Links

nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 6:09pm
Hey Nyqueen Hug. Great Post!! The "Spiritual" Puppeteer, wow that's the first time I've heard this term. The description is on point by the way.

Good to see a post from you Heart
nyqueene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyqueene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 11:12am
Wow, I replied to this days ago through my phone and my reply is nowhere to be found.
HI NELLA!!!!! How have you been? Hug

Yea that was a new concept for me. It's crazy.
psalm100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psalm100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 6:35pm
It sounds like the spiritual puppeteer is synonymous with a "Jezebel Spirit". Run as fast as you can.
nyqueene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyqueene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 8:34pm
Easier said than done psalm100. 
markpattinson902 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markpattinson902 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 12:33am
Well written about Spiritual Puppeteer. Your story is much impressive. But I beleives in astrology that assess you about your persnality.  Ancient Mayan Predictions performs a very important part inprediction about person. http://www.mymayansign.com/ - Mayan Sun sign is a very useful source that describes one’s character. In Mayan astrology, there are different mayan signs such as Trecana signs, Tree of life signs, Past sign, Sign of success, Men and women sign etc. It is upto you whether do you beleive in this or not.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic