Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Makeup Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Shade Equivalent Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:13am
Nc 42 has become a lil too yellow. I mixed it wirt nc 44 and it was less yellow. Today I tried estee lauder double wear in honey bronze 4w1 and its great!!!!!! Ive had it on since about 6 pm and its 2 in the mornand this sh*t hasnt budged!!! Also i dont remember if i added lancome bisque 9w as another match.
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

bobbi brown warm honey ( 5.5), nars sheer glow in syracuse Wink

Originally posted by MissPolite MissPolite wrote:

i am nc42/ and matchmaster 5 in mac........anybody have any other brands equivalent to my shade? thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

xtension xtreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtension xtreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 3:39pm
hey ladies if i wear revlon color stay foundation with nars mountain powder, what would my mufe foundation color be? I dont live in country so i cant go in store so it would really just be the closest guess, thanks!
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 11:47am
I can wear MAC NC45, MUFE 173 and the Revlon Colorstay Caramel in their mousse makeup.
SHEz Badddddd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEz Badddddd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 9:12pm
does any one wear seychelles in nars if so what color are you in drug store foundations?
Cr3m3_25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cr3m3_25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 6:24pm
Hey Ladies I'm in need of some help. I recently went to my local MAC and had them match me with their Studio Fix foundation and im a NC50.

According to match matrix I have seen online my Revlon Photo ready match is Cappuccino. Does anyone have any first hand experience with these shades and did it match for you? To me it looks a little on the red side. 

PS. I notice that a lot of these blogs and threads just list the shade in revlon and not the formula. There is 2, one for Dry/normal and one for oily/combo. I am interested in the Oily/Combo formula. 

If you are a Studio Fix NC50 please feel free to share other foundation matches, That would be very helpful.  
Cr3m3_25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cr3m3_25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 6:50pm
OMG A POST THAT FINALLY ANSWERS MY QUESTION....Wish I had browsed through before posting it. I new the Cappuccino looked way too red. Will get the 2 you suggest and mix for my perfect shadeClap
Cr3m3_25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cr3m3_25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by nickybee nickybee wrote:

Originally posted by ummmok ummmok wrote:

Originally posted by bbnr3 bbnr3 wrote:

Iam NC50 in Mac Studio Fix fluid & NC45 in  concealer
I wanna try Revlon color stay wht shade should I try I have very oil skin

A good match for you would be Revlon ColorStay in Cappuccino, the Combination/Oily skin formula.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

RC Cappucino is a better suited match for those with red undertones and the MAC shade NW45.  I am a NC50 wearer in MAC speak and Cappucino was far too red and far too dark for my skin.  When I wear Revlon Colorstay, I have to mix Caramel and Mahogany together to get a colour that truly matches.  These two colours have yellow undertones not the predominant red.

There are some NC50 wearers, who just use Caramel but, in my honest opinion, that colour is a shade too light and your skin will look dull and flat if you use that colour by itself if you're a NC50.  NC45 MAC wearers and up can get away with just Caramel.

OMG A POST THAT FINALLY ANSWERS MY QUESTION....Wish I had browsed through before posting it. I new the Cappuccino looked way too red. Will get the 2 you suggest and mix for my perfect shadeClap

lucille.huynh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucille.huynh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 5:32am
I use Light 5085 in e.l.f. Mineral Beauty School 2-Piece Foundation SPF 15 Set. Been using it for 2 years now. It blends well and is easy to apply. What I love most about it is that it's long-lasting and has the perfect matte finish that I like. You should check out their websites to browse through their products on eyeslipsface.com
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 12:54pm
Currently wearing Estee Lauder DW in Rich Caramel.  I wear the next shade down in the winter months.  I want to try the Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator.  Anyone know which color would match my skin tone?
Makeupunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makeupunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 10:22pm

I wear golden tan from Bare Escentuals.

I simply love bare minerals. I am open to try new makeups, but I have used this makeup for over 5 years and it blends so perfectly with my skin. I don't wear makeup everyday, but it's a great everyday makeup. I chose the smaller start up kit initially and that lasted me almost a year.
When I really started using it after that almost everyday it still lasted me about 6 months with constant wear. It is an amazing value especially when other products require more minerals on your face its a waste. I like to find a makeup company that is economical and not a strain on the budget is very important to me. Don't get me wrong I have a full collection, Mac, bh cosmetics, and others. I love the foundation that they have and is the only one that I use.

If you can't afford the full retail price they always have promotions unlike some other companies and they are readily available at beauty, eBay, amazon, and other comparison shopping websites. When I find a deal I stock up. Right Now I have at least 7 containers of just the foundation. I know many suggest not to hold on to makeup too long, but if you store it properly makeup can last a very long time.

Some Great Tips To remember when buying Bare Minerals
1. Lookout for the promotions to buy in bulk
2. Make sure the store or merchant is authenticate
3.Choose the right color for your skin
4. Try samples to see how you like the product
5. Make sure the product you are buying is within your budget for makeup
I use these tips when I buy bare minerals or try different makeups because I don't want to be stuck with a product that doesn't compliment my skin.

I love this shade the Golden Tan. It compliments my skin so well
You can find some great deals at my website www.makeupunderground.com, I have all the promo codes for bare minerals , mac, and others.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
  Share Topic