FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedThe Shade Equivalent Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Yessee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Yessee Yessee wrote:

Hey. I am new to this site and still trying to get the hang of it.
I don't own may foundations because I am just starting to get the hang of them. And I always seem to have a hard time picking the right color.

I am trying to purchase MUFE HD Foundation and I wanted to do it online. 
I just don't know which to buy. I am between 170 and 173 . I've seen those colors in person and I think I am in between those or one of those.
The only foundation that I feel like has matched me PERFECTLY* is Revlon ColorStay in Caramel.
I also have Maybelline Fit Me in, I believe, 320 - I like that one but at times I feel it is a bit "yellow/orange" but others tell me it looks like I have nothing on. Maybe it is just me. I tend to be picky about foundation -__- 
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
EDIT - Right now Caramel matches me perfectly. I started with Toast (Lighter shade) - I used it for about 4 months or so. Then tried out Caramel. Both seem to work for me - just depends on how my skin is at the moment.
Sponsored Links

ummmok View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 12:12pm

Hey. I am new to this site and still trying to get the hang of it.
I don't own may foundations because I am just starting to get the hang of them. And I always seem to have a hard time picking the right color.

I am trying to purchase MUFE HD Foundation and I wanted to do it online. 
I just don't know which to buy. I am between 170 and 173 . I've seen those colors in person and I think I am in between those or one of those.
The only foundation that I feel like has matched me PERFECTLY is Revlon ColorStay in Caramel.
I also have Maybelline Fit Me in, I believe, 320 - I like that one but at times I feel it is a bit "yellow/orange" but others tell me it looks like I have nothing on. Maybe it is just me. I tend to be picky about foundation -__- 

How about trying them on while you were @ the store? You can have the MUA suggest the best match for you. Maybe get some samples there and try it out for a week before purchasing one.

Edited by ummmok - Jun 29 2011 at 12:12pm
faydook View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2011 at 10:33am

Mac in NC50 Studio Fix

Black Opal in Hazelnut Full coverage stick matches perfectly .I really like it

So with the Black Opal Do that mean I would use same Hazelnut color for TRUE COLOR CREME TO POWDER FOUNDATION SPF8 or TOTAL COVERAGE CONCEALING FOUNDATION ?

Thanks ladies

ex0tic_d0ll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2011 at 3:28pm

The only foundation that I feel like has matched me PERFECTLY is Revlon ColorStay in Caramel.
I love Revlon ColorStay foundation. It blends seamlessly, lasts && lasts && when used w/ the revlon primer it gives you that flawless airbrush look ! I've used Maybelline Fit Me foundation (355) a little to yellow for my taste also && tends to wear off through out the day not a good look !
certfied!va View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2011 at 11:37am

Hello!

MAC- NW45

Bobbi Brown- Warm Almond

Black Opal- Coffee Glaze

MakeUp Forever Mat Velvet- Coffee

I'm trying to find my shade in Maybeline Color Stay for Oily Skin and Becca Cosmetics Foundation and Finishing Powder.

Thanks!!

certfied!va View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2011 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by certfied!va certfied!va wrote:

Hello!

MAC- NW45

Bobbi Brown- Warm Almond/ 75

Black Opal- Coffee Glaze

MakeUp Forever Mat Velvet- Coffee

I'm trying to find my shade in Maybeline Color Stay for Oily Skin and Becca Cosmetics Foundation and Finishing Powder.

Thanks!!

Okay I searched the thread and learned I would be a cappiccino in Maybeline... I'm so curious about Becca Cosmetics.
juicysweetness View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 8:21pm
MAC nw43 studio fix
covergirl queen collection n6 and n8
bright1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 4:30pm
Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation in Cappuccino.
Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2011 at 4:11pm
I usually don't post & prefer to lurk but when I came across this thread I decided to put my 2 cents in because I went through hell trying to find a decent shade to match my skin tone. I have come to find that I am between NC45 & NC50, regardless of the formulation. If I was just looking at my face alone I could pull off the NC45 even though it isn't an exact match. But my chest is a definite NC50. So when I wear NC45 on my face it makes the contrast even more obvious. I tried wearing NC50 on my face since that is my mom's color but it was just way too orange on me. I told a MUA at MAC & she recommended an NW43, which was honestly basically NC45 but not as yellow. I had the bright idea to mix my NW43 with a drop of my mom's NC50 & that was it, it was a perfect match. It wasn't too dark on my face but also not too light to make the contrast between my face and my chest even more stark then it naturally is. But I was not about to spend another $30 on another foundation, then keep spending almost $60 when I run out to restock. As I was browsing foundation reviews I found that a lot of ladies who wear Studio Fix Fluid which is my perferred formulation in MAC foundations seem to like Revlon PhotoReady. So I decided to give that a shot & I would have to say that NC50 in Studio Fix Fluid is an exact match for Revlon PhotoReady's 011 Cappuccino. Which is what I now use to slightly darken my NW43 & since I'm only using a bit of the PhotoReady I wont be running out of it for some time. Not to mention it costs about half the amount of SFF with the same amount of product while coming with its own pump, you have to purchase the pump separately at MAC for about $6.
jamaicancutie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2011 at 5:25pm
mac studio fix powder c7
mac studiofix concealer nc45
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
  Share Topic